*Possible Glitch* anyone else notice missing colors?

  • Thread starter Thread starter land sea air
  • 40 comments
  • 3,866 views
Partially incorrect. A color that doesn't have a name will not provide a paint chip, so you're right there. Special colors won't, yet mostly have names (Grabber Lime, in this instance). A special color appears to be defined as a car with two (or more) paint colors (Like on the Mach 1; GL and Black) on the car. That's why you don't get paint chips from race cars, either.

OK how do explain it not giving me a paint chip for buying an Audi Avant in misanorot perleffekt? thats a single solid colour? it has a name is not multi toned but still no paint chip.
I have also noticed that when you arrange the chips by "hue" a large number are listed first not according to hue but appear to be all my " special" paints chrome, colour shifts , mattes as you would expect but it also lists chips like Hemi orange ,Autumn gold metallic, sublime,racing green metallic, super bright yellow, while other metallics and pearls are listed in their correct place in the list, while paints from the same car are in different places(grsx/4 blue metallic at the top and gsxr/4 dark grey in with the other greys)
I'm interested to know of other cars that look like they should give a chip (IE: have a name and are not multi toned) but do not actually give you the paint chip.
 
The chips that appear separately usually are obtained in different ways. Gifted chips usually stack, bought chips stack, bonus/prize chips stack, but none of them seem to stack together. Gifted chips also seem to be the ones that appear out of order when sorting.
 
Same has happened to me multiple times now. The worst is I was awarded a chrome paint chip and given a PS3 trophy for getting 186 colours or something like that (i have 320+ now) went to my items searched through every last colour changing filters etc. but no Chrome paint chip :-(
 
i've realized that the Toyota ft86 refuse to give my chip both time, once mat black and chameleon purple
 
Based on my experience the "rule" is that if the paint color doesn't have a name, you won't get a chip. If the color does have a name you might get a chip. :dopey:

McLarens and the Mach 1 are just two examples I've run into where I didn't get a paint chip. I have gotten paint chips from multicolored/striped cars though, so it really seems to come down to whatever the programmer felt like at the time the entered the car.:banghead:
 
Who ever thought (in PD) that the paint chips thing was a good idea was a moron IMO

What is it trying to simulate? here is your car sir and I through in a bucket of paint in its color so that you can paint another car or your rims in the same color

Why couldnt it just be - got the credits choose a paint and pay for the paint job?

Because it is just another filler? - as we dont have much to do in the game well they try to make us collect chips...
 
Who ever thought (in PD) that the paint chips thing was a good idea was a moron IMO

What is it trying to simulate? here is your car sir and I through in a bucket of paint in its color so that you can paint another car or your rims in the same color

Why couldnt it just be - got the credits choose a paint and pay for the paint job?

Because it is just another filler? - as we dont have much to do in the game well they try to make us collect chips...

The paint system in probably in my top 5 list of things I'd like changed. It has no basis in reality, and no reason for existence, it's simply a game extender and another thing to "collect". More pokemon.
 
The paint system in probably in my top 5 list of things I'd like changed. It has no basis in reality, and no reason for existence, it's simply a game extender and another thing to "collect". More pokemon.

I choose you, Gold Chrome.

I do agree that the paint system is flawed and should be altered. Why do you a paint pot when you buy a car? I work at a dealership's parts department, and oddly enough we only carry touch-up paint. It doesn't come with the car.

Using the same PD logic: Why it is when you replace the wheels on a car, you can't use the stock wheels on other car?
 
you want to know something more amazing? I gifted over 10 paint chips and 3 cars, haven't replaced my save, and they are all still sitting in my inventory....
 
you want to know something more amazing? I gifted over 10 paint chips and 3 cars, haven't replaced my save, and they are all still sitting in my inventory....

Lucky!! Hopefully that's a glitch for everyone, and sticks around.
 
If you were to spray the Mustang another colour would the Grabber Lime be released into you paints ? If so , save your current game, spray the car get the paint, then gift it a friend, reload your game , gift it back to yourself , you have the Mustang in Grabber Lime and a paint chip to match ?

Why not just gift the paint chip to a friend immediately after a gamesave, then restore the gamesave, and then ask the friend to gift the paintchip back? That way you have the original chip and the copy sent back by your friend.

Do that 5 times a day, then you can paint 5 cars that color and still have the original.
 
Back