• Thread starter stix45
  • 30 comments
United States
Texas
EpickFighter
Hey Everyone

This is just a question or suggestment but should there be a
Gran Turismo 6 bonus?Like for example if you played GT5 you should
be able to get a small bonus like cash or something.

Do you guys think this should be a feature in GT6?

Hey Everyone

This is just a question or suggestment but should there be a
Gran Turismo 6 bonus?Like for example if you played GT5 you should
be able to get a small bonus like cash or something.

Do you guys think this should be a feature in GT6?
You mean like you start with a little extra in-game credits if you have GT5?

I would hope not, based on I would rather start with very few credits, and work and earn my way up. :)

They had a bonus in GT2 if you played GT1, they had a bonus in GT4 if you played GT3, So yes, if you have GT5 and buy #6, I believe you should get a small bonus.. It's tradition.

How about unlocking all/some/DLC premiums from level 10 if GT6 has level progression :)

I don't mind the level progression, but it would need a real overhaul and I would like for it to take alot of time and racing to reach the highest level.

As for all/some/DLC premiums through level progression, no!
I would like special editions of GT6, like the collectors and signature editions of GT5.

They had a bonus in GT2 if you played GT1, they had a bonus in GT4 if you played GT3, So yes, if you have GT5 and buy #6, I believe you should get a small bonus.. It's tradition.

^ This.

You mean like you start with a little extra in-game credits if you have GT5?

I would hope not, based on I would rather start with very few credits, and work and earn my way up. :)

At least get a 15k bonus and probably a exclusive car.But not
a Lamborghini or some other supercar something like a 1990 honda
or i don't know.

I'd like a minor start off bonus, but not too much. I think the greatest way of going through GT was the amount of time, money and racing you had to spend to get to real racing (such as Supercars, Le Mans cars and Group B rallying). Sometimes it even felt good to be broke, back in the GT4 days! :rolleyes:
I have always liked working up your career: Buying a decent car, drive some races, from time to time some tuning for more difficult races and if you have enough money, buy a faster car.

As for DLC/Pre order bonusses and such things, unlock at a certain level/mileage/racing days. It's not very competitive to start off with a bunch of Chromelines and a Mazda 787B Stealth from lvl 23. It's ok to give it to us, but let us unlock it, much more fun and something to look forward to!

For example, the "Black Edition" race cars from GT4 were available at a certain number of racing days and were then even pretty rare to see in the used car dealership.

This has been done in other franchises (most notably Need For Speed) a few times. What I am talking about is a "loyalty incentive" so to speak. In the NFS games, upon starting up a new title, the game would check your hard drive/memory card, and if you have save data from previous titles, you get a little boost at the beginning of the game (such as extra credits to start off with)

Do you guys feel as if this has a place in the GT franchise? Start off with a boost in credits in GT6 if you bought GT5? Maybe a special car or something? Before you think I'm begging for free handouts, this isn't the case, I just think its a cool little thing that could be implemented in the game, as a thanks to us for being loyal to the GT series. Who knows, it could possibly boost the sales of GT5 if they put a rare(ish) car only obtainable through such a "loyalty bonus".

What are your guys thoughts on this? I'd love to hear some opinions, and if you had to chose what this "loyalty bonus" would be, what would you want it to be?

If there was a bonus in GT6... I would prefer a small bonus and maybe a car like the Mini Cooper or something. Perhaps they could also let you skip the B and A license if you completed them in GT5, like they did in GT2 and GT3.

I doubt they would do it but I hope they don't either. I like when everyone starts evenly. I like seasonal events but it is SO easy to be rich in GT5 now.

...I like seasonal events but it is SO easy to be rich in GT5 now.
Yup - first time through it took me eight or nine months to get to level 40 - after a gamesave corruption, I started again and in four months I was back at level 40.

That's the power of whiners for ya...

Common sense?

Nah, lets not go there. I'm guessing you're asking abouth the GT6 for PS4 statement and not about transferable data. Just a quick reason to my "bold claim" which is a biggie;
there has never been a GT game announced and then released only a year apart. Actually, there is few games that has that kind of short marketing/hype lead-in. Which would put GT6 into PS4 release time if it was for PS3. And that doesn't make much sense at all, from a business point of view. But since GT6 most likely is for PS4 a release around one year after the consoles launch makes all kind of sense. But I digress.

Oh and Kazunori recently said they always aim for the latest in technology = PSVita or PS4. Ooops, that two reasons. Oh well.

Start with 10,000 credits without GT5 and only get an extra 5,000.

And you'll still need to do licence tests.:)

No cash bonus, no cars, nothing! I want to work my way up and build from scratch.

You gotta admit that playing GT5 from beggining to end without
bonuses is fun but maybe a small bonus like a free tuning uprgrade?

No cash bonus, no cars, nothing! I want to work my way up and build from scratch.

These comments make no sense. What is preventing you from doing this if the bonus is incorporated? No one is going to stab you if you don't take the bonus.

Sure, just make it optional. Some people think it's a travesty and don't want a 'crutch.' Me, I wouldn't mind just a little boost or bonus as a reward for being a faithful GT5 player.

As for what the reward is, how about a basic but competent car or two, and something like a collector's edition driving suit and a little cash?

No big bonus, please.

I miss GT when the A-spec was tough and credits had to be earned.

I miss having to think long and hard about whether to buy a new exhaust or new tires.

Kaz, go back to the roots.

Sure, just make it optional. Some people think it's a travesty and don't want a 'crutch.' Me, I wouldn't mind just a little boost or bonus as a reward for being a faithful GT5 player.

As for what the reward is, how about a basic but competent car or two, and something like a collector's edition driving suit and a little cash?

Optional bonuses is a great suggestion.

Back