Possibly the belatest GT4 gallery ever...

• Thread starter Strax
  • 9 comments
Italy
Turin
Falken-N7
N7Falken
...but I'm still enjoying this great game, and I've started getting into Photoshop recently, so the two things started to go along together. And here's the stuff, every photo was edited more or less.

r32_gt_r_battle___fuji_speedway_80_s__gran_turismo_by_mcnadrian-dafv51i.png

One of the first photos from GT4 I've edited. The shot was taken on the Fuji Speedway 80's from the Race of the Red "R" Emblem, and my Skyline is the black one, a '93 V-Spec I bought used (had 10.0 Km, couldn't let it slip :P ).

toyota_motor_triathlon_race_car___shibuya__gt4__by_mcnadrian-dafv68f.png

This is just a pic I liked of the MTRC in Shibuya. The original was extremely dark, only after editing did I realize how many details there are in the background :embarrassed:

an_old_photo_from_nagano___gt4_by_mcnadrian-dagkxvh.png

This was meant to look like one of those old photos people sometimes find hidden in the basement, or in some old cardboard boxes...used to be good, now it's been ruined by time. Something like a pic from an old weekend gone skiing with the good old 205 T16, which was every young guy's dream back in the day.

24_heures_du_mans__episode_1____gran_turismo_4_by_mcnadrian-dah0z8q.png

This was my first attempt at sky replacement: the shot was nice, with the stealth R390 GT1 in Le Mans, but the sky...god it was awful and pixellated. Those high voltage cables proved to be quite the challenge however. And so did the trees.

brooklyn_nights___gran_turismo_4_by_mcnadrian-dai5ir2.png

Second time trying a sky replacement, a night sky this time. Also, put some lens flares to improve the C4 Grand Sport original lights. As for the rest, just basic editing to clean things up and brighten the colors.

classic_rivals__episode_1____gran_turismo_4_by_mcnadrian-daiqn2r.png

Once again a picture I liked (this kind of shot, of two cars neck to neck coming out of a corner, is a subject I particularly like), with two cars that I love, especially the one I was driving (the white Delta). Completely changed the background, regular edits for the rest.

valley_cruising_by_mcnadrian-damy4gy.png

My favourite GT track ever probably, the Grand Valley. I tried to change the color of the shadow in the tunned, to make it orange (because sodium lamps). This one didn't really turn out that good, but still, it's an attempt.

i_love_a_rainy_night_by_mcnadrian-damzuli.png

Probably my favourite up to now. I had absolutely no ideas for this Tsumago shot of the Datsun 240ZG, until I saw this tutorial to make a rainy night out of a daily picture...then I got carried on, and also threw in a lightning.

tokyo_nights_1_by_mcnadrian-dann9p5.png

My first attempt at sharpening and noise clearing. I ended up using the high pass method only on the car and the street, as the crowd was already blurried by itself and needed no sharpening. I did it on this particular pic because I love the first gen NSX (this is the '91 Acura), she still looks killer after all these years.

touring_car_generations___episode_1_by_mcnadrian-daoivzd.png

First motion blur attempt, turned out better than I thought. The shot was taken during the Ring event of the DTM championship. I am of course driving the old Merc, and I obviously took the lead a few meters after. Not an easy race in the old Merc, have to say.

audi_fall_by_mcnadrian-daoq21s.png

Once again, basic editing on a pic I liked. I bought the TT 3.2 for the Tourist Trophy in this weird orange color, and fell in love with it. One of the most fun to drive normal cars I've used.

And that's it for now, hope you like them. Any comment, suggestion or critic is more than welcome :)

Actually, I'd seen them right here on GT Planet.

Edit:
By the way, what on earth is a "belatest"?
True, but since I'm still doing some stuff, why not just throw them all together a gallery? :) and you surely didn't see the TT there since I finished it yesterday evening.

According to my dictionary, it's something that is extremely late. Like 12 years late in this case :P

shopping_for_fish_by_mcnadrian-dap06ci.png

Wasn't really positive about uploading it to DA, but eventually went for it. Just a shot I took at the Micra 12c I used for the March Brothers cup...being a family car, the fish market seemed the right place for it. because weekend shopping for food. Apart for the usual editing to clean it (it was extremely dark, the loss of detail was incredible) I also had to deal with a lens flare right in the middle of the hood, next to the Nissan logo, and I also tried swapping the plate (it's a randomic one from Google image search).

Just a quick editing of a picture that I already liked as a stock, with some added sunbeams to give it more of a light-through-the-trees look. This is a '99 S-Zero I bought used in this...well, weird but cool Lime Green Metallic, and that I used for some good 150+ A-Spec points in the NA Championship. It had 10.0 Kms so I grabbed it, and then slammed some newer NSX rims I found in the "wheel of the day" section. Hopefully you like it as much as I do :D

a_walk_in_the_forest___episode_1_by_mcnadrian-dap9yg4.png

And while waiting for GT Sport (yes, I finally bought a PS4), I've still got a lot of GT4 pics waiting to be edited...

This one is once again taken in Sagano, basically just with the camera on the opposite side to the NSX picture up above. This time the subject is another GT classic, the Skyline...this is a GT-R R32 N1 I found with 10.0 kms and used for some good fun on the Japanese Championship, she deserved some shots :D

a_walk_in_the_forest__episode_2__by_mcnadrian-daqfdi8.png

Back