Post a pic of your real car

• Thread starter Sparxxx
  • 15,439 comments
Got the Beat out of storage and did the timing belt while it is slow at work. Old one was definitely due to be replaced.
IMG_5015.jpg

A few Bowdens products on the trolley by the look of it there. I find most of their stuff pretty good to use.
I have recently started to switch over to Gyeon, the Bowdens gear is good no complaints but the prices are getting up there when not on special

Last pics i took of both my cars before they got put into storage 2-4 years ago (i can't remember how long).

R32 GTS
_DSC5563 (1920x1280).jpg

R32 GTS-4
_DSC6596 (1920x1280).jpg

I did have a 2001 Toyota Vitz RS, but it got written off by a road raging middle age lady (a definite 'Karen'). She didn't want to do 50km/h in a 50 zone, so sideswiped my car (my wife was driving it) when wifey pulled out a bit to try stop her passing, then she proceeded to do about 70-80km/h or so in a 50 zone (wife chased after her and gave her an absolute ear bashing when she finally got the old so and so to stop - all captured on my GPS speed capturing dashcam - police didn't care that my wife was speeding since there was not much foot or vehicle traffic around).

Result was $5,300 damage to a car insured for $3,300. So naturally the insurance company didn't want to fix it. :( Because it was underinsured, i haven't been able to afford to replace it due to the cyclone that hit NZ and made all the car prices rocket skywards, plus covid, plus house renos, plus kids etc.

Before:
Nenthorn Trip, Oct 2021 (90).jpg

After:
Vitz.jpg

Last edited:
I imagine your R32s have seen some increase in value since you put them into storage mostly due to the 25 year import rules in the US. 👍

Yep, have they ever. :eek:

Bought the red one for $6,500NZD in 2009, it's now worth more than $25,000. High km's though, nearly 300,000 i think.

And bought the four door for $3,000NZD (from Dad, he was wanting $6k) in 2005, it's now worth more than $30,000. Despite being almost in factory condition (except for exhaust tip and some polished parts in the engine bay).

Back in the 2000's/2010's we (my family) were buying R32's for as low as $900... Bought another for $1,200, another for $1,400 or so. Wife's Dad got a couple for under $4,000 i think, wifey's one was bought for $2,000 or so in 2007 and is now also worth more than $25,000.

Great the cars are increasing in value except for the fact the annual insurance premium goes up with the valuations. I'm paying over $700 or so a year for each car. Up from less than $400 only a few years ago. Still got full insurance despite them being stored away. Too much fine print with insurance companies these days, so don't want to give them an easy way out of paying if something happens.

Switched from an extremely hot air intake:
1710344798778.png

Over to a nice cold fenderwell intake over the weekend:
1710344842878.png

Makes significant difference in both audible noise and power, especially as the engine is warmed up. It manages to drop the IAT at WOT way better than the Injen, for obvious reasons. The spool and induction noises alone are a nice treat, everything else is just a bonus :lol:. Next is either going catless or getting a tune, gotta find a cat used though since no one really ships to California.

Greetings all, this is like my first post on GTP in like 10yrs! Probably a bit of a black sheep here but these are my Overland rigs; JKU is the newest addition so still collecting upgrades for it. It's getting beefier suspension/lift, 35 inch tires and a gear ratio change.

The Ram Rebel is mostly complete. It has an LSD with 3.92 gears and a locking transfer case. It's also equipped with Blistein height adjustable air-suspension which has been wonderful. I currently have headers waiting to be installed along with an oil catch can and new NGK spark plugs. It could use bigger 35 inch tire (current 33") but overall it's been an amazing road-trip, off-road and family adventure vehicle.

I also have a E28 535is shell build I’m hoping to make some major progress on within the next couple months. I think it will be a cool project to share once things start coming together.

Attachments

• IMG_1808.jpeg
    IMG_1808.jpeg
    320.1 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1797.jpeg
    IMG_1797.jpeg
    293.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0333.jpeg
    IMG_0333.jpeg
    227.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2916.jpeg
    IMG_2916.jpeg