Post GT1 Images and Videos here!

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 1' started by Skid Mark 33, Jul 27, 2007.

1. HYBRIDLVR

HYBRIDLVR

Yes! I was referring to the nice Emulator shots on page 1

2. Parnelli Bone

Parnelli Bone Premium

freaky...

3. Sakiale

Sakiale (Banned)

Hmmm... I'm not sure if it was there or not, but if it was, i don't think it was that long...

4. Skid Mark 33

Skid Mark 33

Are you talking about the bridge!

5. Sakiale

Sakiale (Banned)

Yes

6. Skid Mark 33

Skid Mark 33

I know it is there on GT3, because I have been playing it alot recently, but if this is the case with GT1, i'm not really sure!

7. Skid Mark 33

Skid Mark 33

This is a video of the GT1 Trailer from PS Euro Demo.

Did anyone see the purple Mitsubishi GTO push the green Corvette of the track at the Autum Ring. It looked like the green Corvette nearly broke out!

8. Parnelli Bone

Parnelli Bone Premium

Yeah it totally looks like the Vette is pushed into the barricade. :lol: Also i noticed the call the Dodge Concept car by its true name "copperhead". Interesting.

9. Skid Mark 33

Skid Mark 33

Really, I will have to look at that in a minute. And by the way Parnelli, check you sentence. You said ''Also i noticed the'', when I am pretty sure you meant ''Also I noticed they''. That is the only bit that's dodgey, now to take a look at what you were talking about in the first place...

Edit: I have highlighted your mistake in red. :tup:

Edit: Oh my god, you aint kidding! So why did'nt they call it Copperhead in the production version of the game!

10. Parnelli Bone

Parnelli Bone Premium

Hey yeah, i did make a mistake. :lol: oh well. i worked a mean shift yesterday and i can barely type at full-speed as it is....

11. matherto

matherto

I would love it if someone could find the video from a very old OPSM mag. It was like....#32 (32nd edition of the mag I assume) or something on the demo, and my abiding memory of that video was an Impreza Rally Edition flying through the air at Trial Mountain. Probably never find it again, but ah well.

GT1 was/is so much more fun/better than the later games in the series.

12. Parnelli Bone

Parnelli Bone Premium

Really? Why do you think so? Just curious.

13. superberkut

superberkut

Well, come to think of it, why not?

GT had better turbo lag effects, was probably better at increasing adrenaline flow [with its lower f/ps and suspension settings on cars, as well as more competitive A.I.], and was superb in the customizability(?) of the incredible majority of its cars, all of which were not replicated as effectively in later GT games.

"What's that, you say? Damage in GT5?"

14. Parnelli Bone

Parnelli Bone Premium

Yea that's very true. Turbo boost varies like it should. And the suspension parameters are greater, which means it's very possible for an inexperienced player to screw up their handling characteristics, and this leaves the game in the hands of those who really care. Sucahyo proved this with some of his experiments awhile back....GT1 has the greatest variability from 1 to 10 for damper settings, for instance. If you set dampers on "10" in GT1, you'll notice it alot more than if you set them on 10 in the later games. Qualifying sessions are also "make or break". One lap to get things done. If you can't make pole....that's your loss! :indiff: Go home crybaby!

More competitive Ai? Well that depends. Anyone can still grab a GTO or the monster 900+hp Skyline and kill the game. Or a Viper for the Normal series. also, the car selection is so skewed towards Japanese models, with just a handful of Euro & Americans--that's why i got bored with gT1 after 3 months, honestly.

I think GT2 especially softened up the game alot to make it more available to the masses. In my GT2 days i remember loving the car selection & new tracks & features, but 2 seemed about half as serious as 1, know what i mean?

15. superberkut

superberkut

Ha!

What I meant by competitive A.I. was this: you didn't see detuned Vipers at bigger races, you saw tuned Supras, Lancers, and Griffiths, and modified Skylines went against purebred GT cars. The A.I., had they existed as people, would be like you or me: they didn't bludgeon their way through, they put effort into their racers and tried them out, thus giving them a 'hard-core' edge.

Actually, I meant that all races in Arcade Mode were very close, the last-placed car never finishing over 5 seconds behind (unless the HUMINT racer was lost) first place regardless of the car chosen, unlike in GT2. But, GT1 also did not allow the player's cars into Arcade Mode, so that may be it as well...

16. matherto

matherto

I can't really put my finger on it. To me, everything seems far more frantic in GT1 compared to the other games. 100mph in GT1 is probably equal to 200 in GT4. Makes it feel much more engaging, and obviously far less boring. The physics in GT1 are so much different as well, less sim-orientated, but they contribute to the fun.

The graphics being less than brilliant obviously makes a difference, but as I think someone else in this thread put it, better graphics = less charm.

The cars are better as well I think. I'm a European but I enjoy driving the Japanese cars in the game, ones that I'd never even heard of (this is one of the things that often gets mentioned when people think about GT1). All these cars you see everyday over here, like my mums Renault Megane (in GT4), makes it boring in some way, so GT1 was refreshing to see all-new cars.

And finally I think, I love it more than the others because every time I play it, I get bombarded with nostalgia. I have so many memories of playing it, either by myself, or with my friends, when we were all so much younger (I was eight I think when it came out), and I loved my childhood. I can still remember all the adverts, about the TVR, among others being stolen (correct me if I'm wrong but I remember that vividly about GT1 adverts). And I can still remember the first time I ever played on it, my friend brought it round and we had a two player battle on HSR, both in Mazda Roadsters, and he crashed his into the start of the pitlane wall on the last in lap because I was trying to slipstream him.

Sorry for the life story, but GT1 means a lot to me :)

17. Parnelli Bone

Parnelli Bone Premium

No apology necessary, Mathero. I was just curious. Wish TMM was still around..he was the GREATEST guy around here for GT1...he'd constantly bash the later games. Anything after GT1 was utter crap, according to TMM! :lol: Personally i think he just wasn't that accustomed to later games. He had kids and a wife who i dont think approved of videogames (hence he's not around anymore).

Yeah, i have to admit i have more GT1 & GT2 memories than GT3 for sure. I mean, GT3 has some great racing, but after awhile i (again) got bored by the car selection. Not sure about GT4 yet...i'm still in the thick of 4.

Agree on the charm comment. Whenever i happen to play one of the Atari 2600 games from my youth i totally get the same thing. Sitting around playing Tank, Adventure, tunnel Runner, Yar's Revenge, Space Invaders...Asteroids! :tup:

Not sure about more competitive Ai tho..guess i'd have to check GT1 out again to see where you're coming from on that. I just dont remember i guess.

18. poolio

poolio

i'm inclined to agree. the AI on 3 and 4 appear very 'drone-like' if you will, they just follow the same line repetetively. on gt1 and 2 they are more aggressive (not necessarily more realistic though).

the one thing that has annoyed me throughout the gt series is how the AI slots straight into one line from the start :crazy:

19. superberkut

superberkut

Really? Sure, it can get boring, but it seems to work for blocking the A.I. and for slipstreaming, or they are all controlled by one mind...

20. Parnelli Bone

Parnelli Bone Premium

They all graduated from the same driving school :lol: and haven't got much creativity.

21. superberkut

superberkut

Which one? Marcus Gronholm's? I raced in a ZZ Challenge race at Grindelwald, and, in desperation to overtake, they ran into each other and they all charged into the infield wall! They all either crashed horrendously or made a tete-a-queue and finished last, giving me a clear lead!

22. Parnelli Bone

Parnelli Bone Premium

No..more like the K-mart School of Defenseless Driving. :)

23. superberkut

superberkut

Ha! But, wouldn't they be driving pink cars?

24. A.A.Z.

A.A.Z.

Sorry about a little offtopic... I just wanted to say that I miss this car :(

[​IMG]

Where are you, Chaser LM?.. With that amazing boost controlling feature...

25. Parnelli Bone

Parnelli Bone Premium

Agreed. I briefly drove a Chaser X (forget what it's called) in GT2, but i never tried the GT1 version. wow look how Grand Valley used to appear! :tup:

26. superberkut

superberkut

I miss it as well. Both the car and the course were never the same again...

27. viperin

viperin

28. HYBRIDLVR

HYBRIDLVR

I like that chaser above alot also, It's got a unique engine sound, I also mis the Sylivia LM's, One red and one green!

Attached Files:

29. superberkut

superberkut

I missed it too, but the wheel designs were appalling, or at least to me.

30. HYBRIDLVR

HYBRIDLVR

Here's more GT photo's.

Attached Files: