Post lrics to your favorie new songsMusic 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Silverzone
  • 84 comments
  • 8,700 views
Originally posted by neon_duke
That was the song that made me question why people like Tupac so much. I read through those lyrics looking for something worthwhile and just didn't find it. Basically he's whining about how his attitude made him a loner, but that he'll keep his attitude till the end of time. And plus, he had to add in the usual rapper posing and bragging:

I'm totally unimpressed by stuff like this. Maybe that's why I hate 90% of all rap.
I agree, most rap is filled with irony. The only problem is they don't mean to include so much irony, they just don't use their heads, and this is what comes out. ;)
 
Tupac - Changes

[1]
Come on come on
I see no changes wake up in the morning and I ask myself
Is life worth living should I blast myself?
I'm tired of bein' poor even worse I'm black
My stomach hurts so I'm lookin' for a purse to snatch
Cops give a damn about a negro
Pull the trigger kill a ***** he's a hero
Give the crack to the kids who the hell cares
One less hungry mouth on the welfare
First ship 'em dope let 'em deal the brothers
Give 'em guns step back watch 'em kill each other
It's time to fight back that's what Huey said
2 shots in the dark now Huey's dead
I got love for my brother but we can never go nowhere
Unless we share with each other
We gotta start makin' changes
Learn to see me as a brother instead of 2 distant strangers
And that's how it's supposed to be
How can the Devil take a brother if he's close to me?
I'd love to go back to when we played as kids
But things changed, and that's the way it is

[Bridge w/ changing ad libs]
Come on come on
That's just the way it is
Things'll never be the same
That's just the way it is
Aww yeah
[Repeat]

[2]
I see no changes all I see is racist faces
Misplaced hate makes disgrace to races
We under I wonder what it takes to make this
One better place, let's erase the wasted
Take the evil out the people they'll be acting right
'cause both black and white is smokin' crack tonight
And only time we chill is when we kill each other
It takes skill to be real, time to heal each other
And although it seems heaven sent
We ain't ready, to see a black President, uhh
It ain't a secret don't conceal the fact
The penitentiary's packed, and it's filled with blacks
But some things will never change
Try to show another way but you stayin' in the dope game
Now tell me what's a mother to do
Bein' real don't appeal to the brother in you
You gotta operate the easy way
I made a G today But you made it in a sleazy way
Sellin' crack to the kid. I gotta get paid,
Well hey, well that's the way it is

[Bridge]

[Talking:]
We gotta make a change...
It's time for us as a people to start makin' some changes.
Let's change the way we eat, let's change the way we live
And let's change the way we treat each other.
You see the old way wasn't working so it's on us to do
What we gotta do, to survive.

[3]
And still I see no changes can't a brother get a little peace
It's war on the streets the war in the Middle East
Instead of war on poverty they got a war on drugs
So the police can bother me
And I ain't never did a crime I ain't have to do
But now I'm back with the blacks givin' it back to you
Don't let 'em jack you up, back you up,
Crack you up and pimp slap you up
You gotta learn to hold ya own
They get jealous when they see ya with ya mobile phone
But tell the cops they can't touch this
I don't trust this when they try to rush I bust this
That's the sound of my tool you say it ain't cool
My mama didn't raise no fool
And as long as I stay black I gotta stay strapped
And; I never get to lay back
'Cause I always got to worry 'bout the pay backs
Some buck that I roughed up way back
Comin' back after all these years
Rat - a - tat - tat - tat - tat that's the way it is uhh

[Bridge 'til fade]
 
New:

A Perfect Circle - Pet

Don’t fret precious, I’m here
Step away from the window
Go back to sleep

Lay your head down child, I won’t let the boogie men come
Count the bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums
Pay no mind to the rabble, pay no mind to the rabble
Head down, go to sleep to the rhythm of the war drums

Pay no mind what other voices say, they don’t care about you like I do
Safe from pain and truth and choice and other poison devils
See, they don’t give a **** about you, like I do
Just stay with me, safe and ignorant, go back to sleep, go back to sleep

Lay your head down child, I won’t let the boogie men come
Count the bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums
Pay no mind to the rabble, pay no mind to the rabble
Head down, go to sleep to the rhythm of the war drums

I’ll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
I’ll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and voice of reason
I’ll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices, son
One and the same I must isolate you, isolate and save you from yourself

Swaying to the rhythm of the new world order and
Count bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums
The boogie men are coming, the boogie men are coming
Keep your head down, go to sleep to the rhythm of the war drums

Stay with me, safe and ignorant, just stay with me,
Hold you and protect you from the other ones,
The evil ones don’t love you, son

Go back to sleep…


Oldish:

Tool - H.

What's coming through is alive.
What's holding up is a mirror.
But what's singing songs is a snake
Looking to turn this piss to wine.

They're both totally void of hate,
But killing me just the same.

The snake behind me hisses
What my damage could have been.
My blood before me begs me
Open up my heart again.

And I feel this coming over like a storm again.
Considerately.

Venomous voice, tempts me,
Drains me, bleeds me,
Leaves me cracked and empty.
Drags me down like some sweet gravity.

The snake behind me hisses
What my damage could have been.
My blood before me begs me
Open up my heart again.

And I feel this coming over like a storm again.

I am too connected to you to
Slip away, to fade away.
Days away I still feel you
Touching me, changing me,
And considerately killing me.

Without the skin,
Beneath the storm,
Under these tears
The walls came down.

And the snake is drowned and
As I look in his eyes,
My fear begins to fade
Recalling all of those times.

I could have cried then.
I should have cried then.

And as the walls come down and
As I look in your eyes
My fear begins to fade
Recalling all of the times
I have died
and will die.
It's all right.
I don't mind.

I am too connected to you to
Slip away, to fade away.
Days away I still feel you
Touching me, changing me,

And considerately killing me.
 
Originally posted by Viper Zero
Tupac - Changes

[1]
Come on come on
I see no changes wake up in the morning and I ask myself
Is life worth living should I blast myself?
I'm tired of bein' poor even worse I'm black
My stomach hurts so I'm lookin' for a purse to snatch
Cops give a damn about a negro
Pull the trigger kill a ***** he's a hero
Give the crack to the kids who the hell cares
One less hungry mouth on the welfare
First ship 'em dope let 'em deal the brothers
Give 'em guns step back watch 'em kill each other
It's time to fight back that's what Huey said
2 shots in the dark now Huey's dead
I got love for my brother but we can never go nowhere
Unless we share with each other
We gotta start makin' changes
Learn to see me as a brother instead of 2 distant strangers
And that's how it's supposed to be
How can the Devil take a brother if he's close to me?
I'd love to go back to when we played as kids
But things changed, and that's the way it is

[Bridge w/ changing ad libs]
Come on come on
That's just the way it is
Things'll never be the same
That's just the way it is
Aww yeah
[Repeat]

[2]
I see no changes all I see is racist faces
Misplaced hate makes disgrace to races
We under I wonder what it takes to make this
One better place, let's erase the wasted
Take the evil out the people they'll be acting right
'cause both black and white is smokin' crack tonight
And only time we chill is when we kill each other
It takes skill to be real, time to heal each other
And although it seems heaven sent
We ain't ready, to see a black President, uhh
It ain't a secret don't conceal the fact
The penitentiary's packed, and it's filled with blacks
But some things will never change
Try to show another way but you stayin' in the dope game
Now tell me what's a mother to do
Bein' real don't appeal to the brother in you
You gotta operate the easy way
I made a G today But you made it in a sleazy way
Sellin' crack to the kid. I gotta get paid,
Well hey, well that's the way it is

[Bridge]

[Talking:]
We gotta make a change...
It's time for us as a people to start makin' some changes.
Let's change the way we eat, let's change the way we live
And let's change the way we treat each other.
You see the old way wasn't working so it's on us to do
What we gotta do, to survive.

[3]
And still I see no changes can't a brother get a little peace
It's war on the streets the war in the Middle East
Instead of war on poverty they got a war on drugs
So the police can bother me
And I ain't never did a crime I ain't have to do
But now I'm back with the blacks givin' it back to you
Don't let 'em jack you up, back you up,
Crack you up and pimp slap you up
You gotta learn to hold ya own
They get jealous when they see ya with ya mobile phone
But tell the cops they can't touch this
I don't trust this when they try to rush I bust this
That's the sound of my tool you say it ain't cool
My mama didn't raise no fool
And as long as I stay black I gotta stay strapped
And; I never get to lay back
'Cause I always got to worry 'bout the pay backs
Some buck that I roughed up way back
Comin' back after all these years
Rat - a - tat - tat - tat - tat that's the way it is uhh

[Bridge 'til fade]

Not that is a good song.
 
Hey! Why don't we got quoting really really long posts and add a short useless sentence to it! w00t!

:rolleyes:

Blindspott: Phlex

Sometimes when you lose your head
When you get upset, we're there to break your fall
And there's no reason yet, why they took your friends
There's no reason at all, at all
No reason at all, at all
No reason...

When you want to rest your head
On a shoulder that you know won't turn on you
We're all here, till the end with you
My friend, there's no reason to go
There's no reason to go, to go
We won't let you go, don't go
We won't let you...

(Not one day that you are here has been promised to you)

Not one day that you are here on this earth
Has been promised to you
So make the most of every day as if it was your last
And every breath as if it was the same, the same
As if it was the same, the same
Things will never be the same, the same
We will never be the same, the same, the same
Things will never be the same, the same
Never be the same...

(Not one day that you are here has been promised to you
So make the most of every day as if it was you last
And every breath as if it was a sin)

Seven Mary Three: Waters Edge

"Don’t go there" I heard her say
"You can't stomach what you're going to see"
“It's down there, by the water's edge”
“Wasted and bloated and waiting for someone else”

Funny how, these things come about
When you're tied to the teeth and mouth
No sound or fury, no shot of pain
There was no real reason, no gain

I can’t go down to the waters edge
I didn't do it.....I saw who did
Don't go down to the waters edge
They did it once and they can do it again

It ain't no secret to me
How she got there down by the stream
Cause I'd seen her a minute before
The van pulled up and opened the door (took all my love)

I can't say a single word
About what I saw of her
Cause her killers....they got their friends
In familiar places, I tell you man

I can’t go down to the waters edge
I didn't do it.....I saw who did
Don't go down to the waters edge
They did it once and they can do it again

This ain't no ****ing game
And I'm feeling so ashamed
Because I didn't do anything
No I didn't do anything
To stop
To stop
To stop
To stop
This…from… Happening
I didn't do anything

Don’t go down to the waters edge you said to me
I didn't do it..... But I saw who did you see
Don't go down to the waters edge
They did it once and they can do it again

I swear
I swear
I swear
I swear
I didn’t do a thing
I should have done
Something

how she got there down by the stream
I'd seen her a minute before the van pulled up and opened
the door (took all my love)
but I can't say a single word
about what I saw of her
her killers....they got their friends
in familiar places, I tell you man
this ain't no ****ing game
and I'm feeling so ashamed
because I didn't do anything
no I didn't do anything
to stop this from happening I didn't do a thing I swear

Old: Crash Test Dummies - Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm

Once there was this kid who
Got into an accident and couldn't come to school
But when he finally came back
His hair had turned from black into bright white
He said that it was from when
The cars had smashed him so hard

Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm
Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm

Once there was this girl who
Wouldn't go and change with the girls in the change room
But when they finally made her
They saw burn marks all over her body
She couldn't quite explain it
They'd always just been there

Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm
Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm

Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm
Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm

But both girl and boy were glad
'Cause one kid had it worse than that

'Cause then there was this boy whose
Parents made him come directly home right after school
And when they went to their church
They shook and lurched all over the church floor
He couldn't quite explain it
They'd always just gone there

Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm
Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm

Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm
Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm


👍
 
Originally posted by Cobraboy
Hey! Why don't we got quoting really really long posts and add a short useless sentence to it! w00t!

:rolleyes:

Blindspott: Phlex

Sometimes when you lose your head
When you get upset, we're there to break your fall
And there's no reason yet, why they took your friends
There's no reason at all, at all
No reason at all, at all
No reason...

When you want to rest your head
On a shoulder that you know won't turn on you
We're all here, till the end with you
My friend, there's no reason to go
There's no reason to go, to go
We won't let you go, don't go
We won't let you...

(Not one day that you are here has been promised to you)

Not one day that you are here on this earth
Has been promised to you
So make the most of every day as if it was your last
And every breath as if it was the same, the same
As if it was the same, the same
Things will never be the same, the same
We will never be the same, the same, the same
Things will never be the same, the same
Never be the same...

(Not one day that you are here has been promised to you
So make the most of every day as if it was you last
And every breath as if it was a sin)

Seven Mary Three: Waters Edge

"Don’t go there" I heard her say
"You can't stomach what you're going to see"
“It's down there, by the water's edge”
“Wasted and bloated and waiting for someone else”

Funny how, these things come about
When you're tied to the teeth and mouth
No sound or fury, no shot of pain
There was no real reason, no gain

I can’t go down to the waters edge
I didn't do it.....I saw who did
Don't go down to the waters edge
They did it once and they can do it again

It ain't no secret to me
How she got there down by the stream
Cause I'd seen her a minute before
The van pulled up and opened the door (took all my love)

I can't say a single word
About what I saw of her
Cause her killers....they got their friends
In familiar places, I tell you man

I can’t go down to the waters edge
I didn't do it.....I saw who did
Don't go down to the waters edge
They did it once and they can do it again

This ain't no ****ing game
And I'm feeling so ashamed
Because I didn't do anything
No I didn't do anything
To stop
To stop
To stop
To stop
This…from… Happening
I didn't do anything

Don’t go down to the waters edge you said to me
I didn't do it..... But I saw who did you see
Don't go down to the waters edge
They did it once and they can do it again

I swear
I swear
I swear
I swear
I didn’t do a thing
I should have done
Something

how she got there down by the stream
I'd seen her a minute before the van pulled up and opened
the door (took all my love)
but I can't say a single word
about what I saw of her
her killers....they got their friends
in familiar places, I tell you man
this ain't no ****ing game
and I'm feeling so ashamed
because I didn't do anything
no I didn't do anything
to stop this from happening I didn't do a thing I swear

Old: Crash Test Dummies - Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm

Once there was this kid who
Got into an accident and couldn't come to school
But when he finally came back
His hair had turned from black into bright white
He said that it was from when
The cars had smashed him so hard

Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm
Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm

Once there was this girl who
Wouldn't go and change with the girls in the change room
But when they finally made her
They saw burn marks all over her body
She couldn't quite explain it
They'd always just been there

Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm
Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm

Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm
Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm

But both girl and boy were glad
'Cause one kid had it worse than that

'Cause then there was this boy whose
Parents made him come directly home right after school
And when they went to their church
They shook and lurched all over the church floor
He couldn't quite explain it
They'd always just gone there

Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm
Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm

Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm
Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm


👍
Indeed! To hell with long post quoters! 👎
 
Ghost C, you scare me. You're always talking about killing people and stuff like that. Guns are scary and you "spit" about them. Pleae, start "spittin" stuff that's nice."Spit" about the sunny sun on a nice warm day with the butterflies flying around. Yeah.

There Talentless, better.
 
Yes.

And guns rule!
 
I'll post a few Switchfoot songs (I Like Some Christian Music.)

This one's Twenty-Four

Twenty-FourTwenty-four oceans
Twenty-four skies
Twenty-four failures
And twenty-four tries
Twenty-four finds me
In twenty-fourth place
With twenty-four drop outs
At the end of the day

Life is not what I thought it was
Twenty-four hours ago
Still I'm singing 'Spirit,
take me up in arms with You'
And I'm not who I thought I was
Twenty-four hours ago
Still I'm singing 'Spirit,
take me up in arms with You'

There's twenty-four reasons
To admit that I'm wrong
With all my excuses
Still twenty-four strong

See, I'm not copping out
Not copping out
Not copping out
When you're raising the dead in me

Oh, oh
I am the second man
Oh, oh
I am the second man now
Oh, I am the second man now
And you're raising these...

Twenty-four voices
With twenty-four hearts
All of my symphonies
In twenty-four parts
But I want to be one today
Centered and true
I'm singing 'Spirit take me up in arms with You'
You're raising the dead in me

Oh, oh
I am the second man
Oh, oh
I am the second man now
Oh
I am the second man now
And you're raising the dead in me
Yeah

I wanna see miracles
To see the world change
Wrestled the angel for more than a name
For more than a feeling
For more than a cause
I'm singing 'Spirit, take me up in arms with You'
And you're raising the dead in me

Twenty-four oceans
With twenty-four hearts
All of my symphonies
With twenty-four parts
Life is not what I thought it was
Twenty-four hours ago
Still I'm singing 'Spirit,
take me up in arms with You'
I'm not copping out
Not copping out
 
This one's called "gone"

She told him she'd rather fix her make-up;
than try to fix what's goin on
but the problem keeps on callin even with the cell-phone gone
She told him that she believes in livin,
bigger than she's livin now
But her world keeps spinnin backwards, and upside-down
Don't say so-long, and through a cell-phone,
Don't spend today away, cause today will soon be

Gone, like yesterday is gone,
like history is gone,
just try and prove me wrong,
and pretend like you're immortal.

She said, He said live like no tomorrow;
every day we borrow, brings us one step closer
to the edge in a fantasy where's your treasure?
who's your hope? forget the world, and lose your soul
She pretends like she pretends like she's immortal,
Don't say so-long, you're not the far gone,
this could be your big chance to make-up,
today will soon be

Gone, like yesterday is gone
like history is gone,
the world keeps spinnin on
, you're going, going, gone,
like summer break is gone,
like saturday is gone,
just try and prove me wrong, you pretend like you're immortal
(you're immortal) you're immortal (you're immortal) ha-ah

we are not infinite we are not permanent nothing's immediate
we're so comforted in our accomplishments look at our decadence

gone, (gone) like Frank Sinatra, (gone)
like Elvis and his mom (gone)
like Al Pachino's cash, (gone)
nothing lasts in this life; (gone)
My high school dreams are gone (gone)
My childhood sweets are gone (gone)
Life is a day that doesn't last (gone)
for long (gone)
Life is more than money (gone)
Time was never money (gone)
Time was never cash (gone)
Life is still more than girls (gone)
Life is more than hundred-dollar bills (gone)
and little tom fills (gone)
Life is more than fame (gone),
and rock and roll (gone),
and films (gone)
all the riches of the kings and the pinwheels (gone)

we've got information in the information age,
but do we know what life is?
outside of our convenient Lexus cages?
She said, He said live like no tomorrow,
every moment that we borrow,
brings us closer to the God who's not short on cash

Jon talking - Hey Bono, I'm glad you asked,
Life is still worth living, Life is still worth living
 
Here's Redemption.

Four A.M., two hours to go
I'm wearing out a lonely glow
I miss you more than I could know
Here I am, here I am

I've got my hand in redemption's side
Whose scars are bigger than these doubts of mine
I'll fit all of these monstrosities inside
and I'll come alive

With my fist down at your feet
I was running out of mysteries
Insecure and incomplete, here I am, here I am,
won't you get me?

My fears have worn me out
My fears have worn me out
My fears have worn me, worn me
 
And here's the one everyone's heard.

Meant To Live

Fumbling his confidence
And wondering why the world has passed him by
Hoping that he's bent for more than arguments,
And failed attempts to fly, fly

We were meant to live for so much more
Have we lost ourselves?
Somewhere we live inside
Somewhere we live inside
We were meant to live for so much more
Have we lost ourselves?
Somewhere we live inside

Dreaming about Providence
And whether mice or men have second tries
Maybe we've been livin with our eyes half open
Maybe we're bent and broken, broken

We were meant to live for so much more
Have we lost ourselves?
Somewhere we live inside
Somewhere we live inside
We were meant to live for so much more
Have we lost ourselves?
Somewhere we live inside

We want more than this world's got to offer
We want more than this world's got to offer
We want more than the wars of our fathers
And everything inside screams for second life

We were meant to live for so much more
Have we lost ourselves?
We were meant to live for so much more
Have we lost ourselves?
We were meant to live for so much more
Have we lost ourselves?
We were meant to live
We were meant to live
 
A Perfect Circle - The Nurse Who Loved Me

say hello to the rug's topography
it holds quite a lot of interest with your face down on it
say hello to the shrinking in your head
you can't see it but you know it's
there so don't neglect it

i'm taking her home with me all dressed in white
she's got everything I need pharmacy keys
she's falling hard for me I can see it in her eyes
she acts just like a nurse with all the other guys

say hello to all the apples on the ground
they were once in your eyes
but you sneezed them out while sleeping
say hello to everything you've left behind
it's even more a part of your life now
that you can't touch it

i'm taking her home with me all dressed in white
she's got everything I need some pills and a little cup
she's falling hard for me I can see it in her eyes
she acts just like a nurse with all the other guys
 
Thrice - Stare At The Sun

i sit here clutching useless lists
and keys for doors that don't exist
i crack my teeth on pearls
i tear into the history
just show me what it means to me in this world

'cause i am due for a miracle
i'm waiting for a sign
i'll stare straight into the sun
and i won't close my eyes
'til i understand or go blind

i see the parts but not the whole
i study saints and scholars both
no perfect plan unfurls
do i trust my heart or just my mind
why is truth so hard to find in this world
yeah in this world

'cause i am due for a miracle
i'm waiting for a sign
i'll stare straight into the sun
and i won't close my eyes
'til i understand or go blind

i know that there's a point I've missed
a shrine or stone i haven't kissed
a scar that never graced my wrist
a mirror that hasn't met my fist
but i can't help feeling that i'm

due for a miracle
i'm waiting for a sign
i'll stare straight into the sun
and i won't close my eyes
 
Ian Van Dahl - Castles in the Sky

Do you ever question your life?
Do you ever wonder why?
Do you ever see in your dreams,
all the castles in the sky?

Oh tell me why...
do we build castles in the sky?
Oh tell me why...
are the castles way up high?
Please tell me why...
do we build castles in the sky?
Oh tell me why...
are the castles way up high?
 
this sint my favourite song but the lyrics are clever

song : im miss my lung
artist: frenzal rhomb


Another Sunday morning
another boring day
Another lonely sunrise
takes my breath away

I miss my lung
I thought you'd never leave me
god how I was wrong

A part of me is missing
It seems it's been so long

I miss my lung
After all the songs are sung
I miss my lung

I tried to forget you
And live with my regrets
I tried not to miss you
I recall your lovely breath

I miss my lung
As vital as the sun
I miss my lung

Worse than a broken heart
Worse than a poison tongue
Worse than an evil eye
Is you missing lung

I took you for granted
It's ended up in tears
I miss you more than showers
It's been about a year
I loved you like no other
How can I live on?
I hope that you can hear me
It's for you I wrote this song
 
Has anyone heard this one?

Weird Al
Albuquerque

Way back when I was just a little bitty boy living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement half a block down the street from Jerry's Bait shop
You know the place
well anyway, back then life was going swell and everything was just peachy

Except, of course, for the undeniable fact that every single morning
My mother would make me a big bowl of sauerkraut for breakfast

Awww - Big bowl of sauerkraut
Every single mornin
It wa driving me crazy

I said to my mom
I said "Hey, mom, what's with all the sauerkraut?"
And my dear, sweet mother
She just looked at my like a cow looks at an oncoming train
And she leaned right down next to me
And she said "IT'S GOOD FOR YOU"
And then she tied me to the wall and stuck a funnel in my mouth
And force fed me nothing but sauerkraut until I was twenty six and a half years old

That's when I swore that someday
Someday I would get outta that basement and travel to a magical, far away place
Where the sun is always shining and the air smells like warm root beer
And the towels are oh so fluffy
Where the shriners and the lepers play their ukuleles all day long
And anyone on the street will glady shave your back for a nickel

Wacka wacka doodoo yeah

Well, let me tell you, people, it wasn't long at all before my dream came true
Because the very next day, a local radio station had this contest
To see who could correctly guess the number of molecules in Leonard Nimoy's butt
I was off by three, but I still won the grand prize
That's right, a first class one-way ticket to

Albuquerque
Albuquerque

Oh yeah
You know, I'd never been on a real airplane before
And I gotta tell ya, it was really great
Except that I had to sit between two large Albanian women with excruciatingly severe body odor
And the little kid in back of me kept throwin' up the whole time
The flight attendants ran out of Dr. Pepper and salted peanuts
And the in-flight movie was Bio-Dome with Pauly Shore
And, oh yeah, three of the airplane engines burned out
And we went into a tailspin and crashed into a hillside
And the plane exploded in a giant fireball and everybody died
Except for me
You know why?

'Cause I had my tray table up
And my seat back in the full upright position
Had my tray table up
And my seat back in the full upright position
Had my tray table up
And my seat back in the full upright position

Ah ha ha ha
Ah ha ha
Ahhhh

So I crawled from the twisted, burnin' wreckage
I crawled on my hands and knees for three full days
Draggin' along my big leather suitcase and my garment bag
And my tenor saxophone and my twelve-pound bowling ball
And my lucky, lucky autographed glow-in-the-dark snorkel
But finally I arived at the world famous Albuquerque Holiday Inn
Where the towels are oh so fluffy
And you can eat your soup right out of the ashtrays if you wanna
It's OK, they're clean

Well, I checked into my room and I turned down the A/C
And I turned on the SpectraVision
And I'm just about to eat that little chocolate mint on my pillow
That I love so very, very much when suddenly, there's a knock on the door

Well now, who could that be?
I say "Who is it?"
No answer
"Who is it?"
There's no answer
"WHO IS IT?"
They're not sayin' anything

So, finally I go over and I open the door and just as I suspected
It's some big fat hermaphrodite with a Flock-Of-Seagulls haircut and only one nostril
Oh man, I hate it when I'm right
So anyway, he bursts into my room and he grabs my lucky snorkel
And I'm like "Hey, you can't have that"
"That snorkel's been just like a snorkel to me"
And he's like "Tough"
And I'm like "Give it"
And he's like "Make me"
And I'm like "'Kay"
So I grabbed his leg and he grabbed my esophagus
And I bit off his ear and he chewed off my eyebrows
And I took out his appendix and he gave me a colonic irrigation
Yes indeed, you better believe it
And somehow in the middle of it all, the phone got knocked off the hook
And twenty seconds later, I heard a farmiliar voice
And you know what it said?
I'll tell you what it said

It said
"If you'd like to make a call, please hang up and try again"
"If you need help, hang up and then dial your operator"
"If you'd like to make a call, please hang up and try again"
"If you need help, hang up and then dial your operator"

In Albuquerque
Albuquerque

Well, to cut a long story short, he got away with my snorkel
But I made a a solemn vow right then and there that I would not rest
I would not sleep for an instant until the one-nostrilled man was brought to justice
But first, I decided to buy some donuts

So I got in my car and I drove over to the donut shop
And I walked on up to the guy behind the counter
And he says "Yeah, what do ya want?"
I said "You got any glazed donuts?"
He said "No, we're outta glazed donuts"
I said "Well, you got any jelly donuts?"
He said "No, we're outta jelly donuts"
I said "You got any Bavarian cream-filled donuts?"
He said "No, we're outta Bavarian cream-filled donuts"
I said "You got any cinnamon rolls?"
He said "No, we're outta cinnamon rolls"
I said "You got any apple fritters?"
He said "No, we're outta apple fritters"
I said "You got any bear claws?"
He said "Wait a minute, I'll go check"
"No, we're outta bear claws"
I said "Well, in that case - in that case, what do you have?"
He says "All I got right now is this box of one dozen starving, crazed weasels"
I said "OK, I'll take that"

So he hands me the box and I open up the lid and the weasels jump out
And they immediately latch onto my face and start bitin' me all over
(rabid gnawing sounds)
Oh man, they were just going nuts
They were tearin' me apart
You know, I think it was just about that time that a little ditty started goin' through my head"
I believe it went a little something like this . . .

Doh
Get 'em off me
Get 'em off me
Oh
No, get 'em off, get 'em off
Oh, oh God, oh God
Oh, get 'em off me
Oh, oh God
Ah, (more screaming)

I ran out into the street with these flesh-eating weasels all over my face
Wavin' my arms all around and just runnin', runnin', runnin'
Like a constipated weiner dog
And as luck wouls have it, that's exactly when I ran into the girl of my dreams
Her name was Zelda
She was a caligraphy enthusiast with a slight overbite and hair the color of strained peaches
I'll never forget the first thing she said to me.
She said "Hey, you've got weasels on your face"

That's when I knew it was true love
We were inseperable after that
Aw, we ate together, we bathed together
We even shared the same piece of mint-flavored dental floss
The world was our burrito
So we got married and we bought us a house
And had two beautiful children - Nathaniel and Superfly
Oh, we were so very very very happy, aw yeah

But then one fateful night, Zelda said to me
She said "Sweetie pumpkin? Do you wanna join the Columbia Record Club?"
I said "Woah, hold on now, baby"
"I'm just not ready for that kinda commitment"
So we broke up and I never saw her again
But that's just the way things go

In Albuquerque
Albuquerque

Anyway, things really started lookin' upi for me
Because about a week later, I finally achieved my lifelong dream
That's right, I got me a part-time job at The Sizzler
I even made employee of the month after I put that grease fire out with my face
Aw yeah, everybody was pretty jealous of me after that
I was gettin' a lot of attitude

OK, like one time, I was out in the parking lot
Tryin' to remove my excess earwax with a golf pencil
When I see this guy Marty tryin' to carry a big ol' sofa up the stairs all by himself
So I, I say to him, I say "Hey, you want me to help you with that?"
And Marty, he just rolls his eyes and goes
"No, I want you to cut off my arms and legs with a chainsaw"

So I did

And then he gets all indignant on me
He's like "Hey man, I was just being sarcastic"
Well, that's just great
How was I supposed to know that?
I'm not a mind reader for cryin' out loud
Besides, now he's got a really cute nickname - Torso-Boy
So what's he complaining about?

Say, that reminds me of another amusing anecdote
This guy comes up to me on the street and says he hasn't had a bit in three days
Well, I knew what he meant
But just to be funny, I took a big bite out of his jugular vein
And he's yellin' and screamin' and bleeding all over
And I'm like "Hey, come on, don'tcha get it?"
But he just keeps rolling around on the sidewalk, bleeding, and screaming
(screaming sounds)
You know, just completely missing the irony of the whole situation
Man, some people just can't take a joke, you know?

Anyway, um, um, where was I?
Kinda lost my train of thought

Uh, well, uh, OK
Anyway I, I know it's kinda been a roundabout way of saying it
But I guess the whole point I'm tryin' to make here is

I hate sauerkraut

That's all I'm really tryin' to say
And, by the way, if one day you happen to wake up
And find yourself in an existential quandry
Full of loathing and self-doubt
And wracked with the pain and isolation of your pitiful meaningless existence
At least you can take a small bit of comfort in knowing that
Somewhere out there in this crazy mixed-up universe of ours
There's still a little place called

Albuquerque
Albuquerque
Albuquerque, Albuquerque
Albuquerque, Albuquerque
Albuquerque, Albuquerque
Albuquerque, Albuquerque

I said "A" (A)
"L" (L)
"B" (B)
"U" (U)
"querque" (querque)

Albuquerque, Albuquerque, Albuquerque, Albuquerque
Albuquerque, Albuquerque, Albuquerque, Albuquerque
Albuquerque, Albuquerque, Albuquerque, Albuquerque
Albuquerque, Albuquerque, Albuquerque, Albuquerque

Albuquerque
 
Incubus: The Warmth

I'd like to close my eyes and go numb
But there's a cold wind coming from
The top of the highest high-rise today
It's not a breeze cause' it blows hard
Yes, and it wants me to discard the humanity I know
Watch the warmth blow away

Do you think I should adhere to that pressing new frontier?
And leave in my wake a trail of fear?
Or should I hold my head up high
And throw a wrench and spokes by
Leaving the air behind me clear?

Don't let the world bring you down
Not everyone here is that ****ed up and cold
Remember why you came
And while you're alive
Experience the warmth before you grow old.


Incubus: Nice to know You

Nice To Know You

Better than watching Gellar bending silver spoons
Better than witnessing newborn nebulaes in bloom
She who sees from up high smiles and surely sings
Perspective pries your once weighty eyes and it gives you wings
I haven't felt the way I feel today
In so long it's hard for me to specify
I'm beginning to notice how much this feels
Like a waking limb, pins and needles, nice to know you
Goodbye, nice to know you
Goodbye, nice to know you
Deeper than the deepest Cousteau would ever go
And higher than the heights of what we often think we know
Blessed she who clearly sees the wood for the trees
To obtain a birds eye is to turn a blizzard to a breeze
I haven't felt the way I feel today
In so long it's hard for me to specify
I'm beginning to notice how much this feels
Like a waking limb, pins and needles, nice to know you
Goodbye, nice to know you
Goodbye, nice to know you
So could it be that it has been there all along?

That's just a couple. I could definitely post more, but I don't want to take up too much space. Incubus is probably my favorite band. The lyrics they write(which don't look very impressive on paper) are awesome.


-Mark
 
Originally posted by Ethix101
Incubus: The Warmth
<lyrics removed>
Incubus: Nice to know You
<lyrics removed>


That's just a couple. I could definitely post more, but I don't want to take up too much space. Incubus is probably my favorite band. The lyrics they write(which don't look very impressive on paper) are awesome.


-Mark

Very true, the more I listen to them the more I like em.

Feeder - Opaque

It mkaes no difference when it's fun
Senses shot away who gives a damn
Who I am
I'm opaque
Left to stand out in the crowd
Insecurities come flooding in, the hooks are in
But I'm OK

Don't you see we're in skin deep
Cut me free again and watch me bleed

Turning frequencies inside
Find the perfect place to be alive, finalize
I'm opaque
Substitute the way you feel
Open up your mind run different modes
Break colour codes
On my way

(Chorus)
Don't you see we're in skin deep
Cut me free again and watch me bleed
Don't you see we're in skin deep
Cut me free again and watch me bleed

Drawing circles on a twisted mouth that frowns again today...
We're finding pleasure in a life so short, but that's OK

Lift the world right out from me
Break the cable find the everglow
You never know
I'm opaque

(repeat chorus X3)

Don't you see we're in skin deep
Cut me free again and watch me bleed
Don't you see we're in skin deep
Cut me free again and watch me bleed
Don't you see we're in skin deep
Cut me free again and watch me bleed
 
Incubus - I miss you:

To see you when I wake up
Is a gift I didn't think could be real
To know that you feel the same as I do
Is a three-fold utopian dream

You do something to me that I can't explain
So would I be out of line if I said
I miss you?

I see your picture
I smell your skin on the empty pillow next to mine
You have only been gone ten days
But already I'm wasting away
I know I'll see you again
Whether far or soon
But I need you to know that I care
And I miss you

A_Perfect Circle - Noose:

So glad to see you well
Overcome and completely silent now
With heaven's help
You cast your demons out
And not to pull your halo down
Around your neck and tug you off your cloud
But I'm more than just a little curious
How you're planning to go about
Making your amends to the dead
To the dead

Recall the deeds as if
They're all someone else's
Atrocious stories
Now you stand reborn before us all
So glad to see you well

And not to pull your halo down
Around your neck and tug you to the ground
But I'm more than just a little curious
How you're planning to go about
Making your amends to the dead
To the dead

With your halo slipping down
Your halo slipping
Your halo slipping down
Your halo slipping down
Your halo slipping down [repeated]

Your halo slipping down to choke you now
 
Way to reprasent A Perfect Circle.👍
 
Take a look at my signature, It contains almost all the lyrics to "rawhide," by the Dead Kennedys.

The best line ever:
"Don't try to understand them, just rope, throw, and brand them."

That can be applied to alomost everything.
 
Stone Temple Pilots - Big Empty

Drivin faster in my car
Falling farther from just what we are
Smoke a cigarette and lie some more
These conversations kill
Falling faster in my car

Time to take her home
Her dizzy head is conscience laden
Time to take a ride
It leaves today no conversation
Time to take her home
Her dizzy head is conscience laden
Time to wait to long
To wait to long
These conversations kill

To much walkin, shoes worn thin
To much trippin and my soulds worn thin
Time to catch a ride
It leaves today, her name is what it means
To much walkin, shoes worn thin
 
I really like this song (you may recognize it from NFSU):

Jerk - Sucked In

Deep inside you everyday
You do not know I will not say
Your underground makes me ill
If I don't do it no one will
The simple plan I have for you
Try to guess what I will do
I can see what you mean
It's always harder than it seems

Don't blame yourself for breaking me
Cause you just went and set me free
Then I sat you down and shut you mouth
And show you what I always see
There is a small place for you
Where all your hopes and dreams come true
You move around my world at will
Watch out cause I'm coming to kill

You've been sucked in
Again and again and again and again

So....Motherfu**er come and play
Come on then come on then come on then come on then

You've broken up cause you're breaking down
And very soon you'll hit the ground
You've pulled your stunt your time has passed
The world you made has kicked your ass

You've been sucked in
Again and again and again and again
 
Pennywise
-Something To Change

Another boring day just fades away a cycle that's never gonna change
Another casualty of humanity awash in my own stupidty
It's like I don't want to try
there's no reason why a cyborg that's waiting around to die
Got nothing left to prove I got no excuse a wasteoid with nothing left to lose

I'm waiting for my own salvation I got to get out - there's no time to waste
Cause I need something to change
Something to break - Some way to get away
Some way to get away from you

A never-ending game - always the same - forever spent waiting for the day
I know there's gotta be some place for me where I can escape this misery
The more and more I try it just seems that I get further from what I want in life
There's nothing I can do I got no excuse a reject who hasn't got a clue

I'm waiting for my own salvation I got to get out - there's not time to waste


Pennywise
-Punch Drunk

Punch-drunk intoxication
There are jackals in power who feed on frustration
Sheer will you move it or lose it
There's power in numbers when are we gonna use it
Collateral damage with innocents' dying
The leaders are suspect man you don't know who's lyin'
Don't know what caused it - it's so hard to swallow
They tell us what to think and they laugh as we follow
We all bleed - We all die
You don't believe it though it happens right before your eyes
It won't stop - Just give in
It's a new genocide - what a terrible sin
Function - diminishing value
They're draining the banks now but no one will tell you
Cut rates and tax breaks for bosses
They're cashing their stocks in - you're cutting your losses
Conspiracy theory - you think what you want to
If you don't believe it then they already got you
With human lives yeah their playing games now
They may tell you different but the outcomes the same now
 
Last Emperor - Rap Tyrany
(he's the GREATEST hip hop musician - EVER. Not one disappointing song thus far :D)

Party people rock to this...
And all my deejays cut to this...
And all my b boys break to this...
And all my fly girls shake to this...

Last Emperor's back and you know upon hearing me
Emcees are scared so prepare for Rap Tyranny
There's no comparin' me
Most men?
Fearin' me
(Broke no it's a rarity???)
Mics I hold dear to me
Cool and sincere one
People wanna hear from
Words penetrate eardrums like spearguns
Run home
Unknown places I appear from
It ain't none of that jumpin' off over here son
I clocked you
Beat you
Had to stop you
Greet you
I write rhymes in Hebrew, Arabic and Greek too
I get so high, the slightest drop is lethal
Like the South American city of Macchu Picchu
Ladies say I do my thing with a passion
Brother like the way I swing into action
When I'm not coolin' in the crib, just relaxin'
I'm out in the streets with the Red Army faction
I specialize In microphone vandalism
Surround sound, or better yet panoramic vision
People of Earth know and understand the wisdom from
Monotheism to third-world animism
I get the best of men as the record spins
I stretch my limbs and rhyme till the session ends
No matter if, we enemies or the best of friends
Against the Emp you can never expect to win...

(chorus)

Subjects and predicates
Proper mic etiquette
All beef, I'm deadin' it
Hip-Hop confederate
Face me, you better get
High priest and Jesuits
Against the Emp your attempts will seem effortless
I make the girls wanna kick their heels up
Klingon warships throw their shields up
Rippin' the reels up
Wounds never heal up
Mad Soul controls the razor-sharp steel cuts
High Tech or digital
Audio or Visual
Man or Machine can't defeat the Aboriginal
Rippin' through
My words are poisonous and medicinal
With the power to heal and at the same time, cripple you
You don't get a chance to rhyme
This is battle time
Even the brolic get silent like a pandomime
The nicest point guard couldn't even handle mine
With more magical music than Rogers and Hammerstien
I made it to the top with a crew of born losers
They told me the game was locked till I tore through it
I get more props than a movie by George Lucas
In two-thou look out for the Storm Troopers
Don't sweat mine
Learn to respect mine
I bring womb to the REC Room when it's rep time
Blast like nine shots
Travel like TimeCops
Aiyyo Mad Soul, this is where the rhyme stops...




Last Emperor - Secret Wars Pt. 1 (sounds AMAZING when heard)


Dig this and dig it deep

What if I had the power to gather all of my favorite emcees
With the illest comic book characters and they became arch enemies?
Inconcievable? Unbelievable? Yet as wild as it seems
The Emperor and Stan Lee would coach the two opposing teams
Keep it clean no bats no gats guns no interfearance
Comic book characters would go head up with raw lyrics
Now I take, whoever might be on break from doin tours
And have them signed up for the Last Emperor's Secret Wars
Sure, for that kind of capacity, you need a crazy large arena
that might stretch from west Philadelphia to east Medina
If I'm able, I'd put it on pay-per-view through my label
And give free tickets to my neighborhood bums with no cable
Yeah, that sounds phat, now that we've squared away the propositions
Let's begin with the ultimate toughman competion
"Let the games begin!" Set it off, it's the fight of the century
KRS and Professor X would battle each other mentally
With rhymes, these two team captains waste no time
Charles Xavier tried to invade Kris Parker's mind
He shot a cerebral probe at Kris's mind, but he missed it
Professor X taken out by the Blastmaster's metaphysics
Round two, new fight, word to life, you gotta see this
Locked in mortal combat is Dr. Strange and The Genius
Here son, he's no match, let that grafted wizard have it
'My Liquid Sword slashes straight through Dr. Strange's Magic'
Another hero down, and now the score is two to zero
Gy words from the Genius, and he's still my rhymin hero
Now the next fight was conducted in a rough like manner
Specifically between Reggie Noble and Dr. David Banner
Or should I say the Incredible Hulk when he's amped off the gamma?
But Reggie Noble soon became the Incredilbe Redman and slammed him
You know how Redman gets when his adrenaline starts pumpin
Started schitzin in the ring, so then the Thing tired jump in
Ben Grimm leaps into the ring, and after Redman he lunges
'But Reggie Noble dropped him with two Brick City punches!'
Rhymes by the bunches, bums get dirtier than Middle Eastern dugeouns
Ready to set this like Detective Columbo and his hunches
While the ref's clean out the ring, cause the last fight was so intense
Let's do a live interview with the brother named Common Sense
'Yeah, yeah it's Common Sense, and Iceman tried to freeze me,
So I took him to Chicago and told him to take it easy
He couldn't see me with my applejack hat and hightops
Colussus and Cyclops, I got No I.D. and Y Not'
Good lookin Common Sense, that last album was tight
Let me get back to the ring and evaluate the next fight
Now the next fight had to be the craziest of all times
We got Dr. Octapus 'versus the mighty Busta Rhymes!'
Doc Oct versus Busta? Man that stuff is dead
He'll get his eight arms ripped off, goin up agaisnt the dreads
'Ha, ha! Now Dr. Octapus, who you think you grabbin?
The god can never lose, so you know it will never happen
Lyrically making you sleepy, you'll need a nap when
I slap you with my dreads, lights out, you'll kiss the canvas'
Before my eyes, I see the demise of another superhero
Next up is Ras Kass versus Magneto
Now anything goes when Magneto battles foes
Ras Kass had him shivering, delivering ultramagnetic blows
Magneto was now deceased, and a wise man said it best
"The sun rises in the east, but they can still set it the west"
Now with all these heroes down, Stan Lee refuses to surrender
He got Storm from the X-Men, as if I couldn't match the gender
Stan Lee shouts 'Excelsior!' Yo, Stan you best to chill
'There's no match for Storm,' I guess he's never heard of Lauryn Hill
Now we all kow Storm controls the temperature and weather
Started runnin' off at the lip, and L-Boog was like 'Whatever'
See she just got home fom tours, she's a bit to tired to spar
So she clocked Storm over the head with my man Wyclef's guitar
All silence is ceased, out of nowhere comes the Beast
Versus Jeru the Damaja, the Black Prophet from the east
Releasing rhymes that will pound you into the ground, there'll be no
round two
Another victory for hip-hop from the Dirty Rotten Scoundrel
Now the underground sewer system that lies deep below the ring
Is where the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Das EFX do their thing
Leonardo and Donatello, they both know we can do this
'So kiggedty crazy Drayze hit them both with raw sewage'
Now Rafeal and Michaelangelo, those two others who are brothers
Brooks smacked 'em with the Das EFX logo, the manhole cover
Whether you're plant or animal, vegitable or miggety-mineral
Before you step to Das EFX you best be hard like a criminal
Taking you back to ringside, just when you thought it was over
The last battle was brought forth by G.I.Joe and Cobra
Mercenaries and soldiers, G.I. Joe was rollin' thick
But I'll get the military of hip-hop, a.k.a. The Boot Camp Click
World War Three for '98 in the wake of all these troops
I could see general Buckshot goin toe to toe with Duke
Salute the captain, for rappin, cause now we know who's hard,
Catchin wreck like Steele and Tek going up against the Crimson Gaurd
Charging after you, smashin' you metaphorically smashin' through
The entire Joe team is O.G.C. and Ruck the Irrational
Then all of a sudden I hear this real loud crack!
'The military punisher Big Rock just broke Roadblock's back!'
Adding insult to injury to Stan Lee and his team
We've got Weapon X from Canada, a.k.a. Wolverine
You know the routine, his claws can rip rappers for days
But here comes the Method Man, a.k.a. Johnny Blaze!
Wolverine you can't hang, when Tical does his thang
Paralize you with the venom from the Method Man's fang!
This is the final battle as the stratosphere gets darker
We got Nasir Jones versus Peter Parker
Nasty Nas at halftime, headringer versus the webslinger
Illmatic versus radioactive in the rotten apple where the dead linger
He cursed the day that spider ever bit him
And gave him a copy of the second LP, It Was Written
For all up and coming emcees, I've got a question,
If I made a Secret Wars Part Two, would your name even be mentioned?
Would you make the final cut?
I make even the nicest give their titles up
Writing rhymes slash fighting crimes like the Blue Falcoln and Dynomutt
Stick around for the next battle slash adventure,
And if you see Stan Lee, tell him that the Last Emperor sent ya *echoes*
 
Back