Post your Best Times/Point

United States
Maryland
StuntDrifter
Well, for those of us who actually have this game :) Post your Highest time on your Favorite Track/Car.
And for Drift points, (please don't lie) Post your highest drift point score(or the most points you scored in 1 drift)

So far I choose my Drift point score (DPS) with the Nissan Skyline it's 4683.:dopey:

I just did a 1:19.933 on the reverse track in a non-tuned G35. That should be fourth on the rankings, check it out. :D Oh, and you'll never be able to guess what color the car is...

I did a 1:17.088 on the Forward track in a G35. I actually ran faster than that, like a 1:16.xxx but it hasnt' updated yet. 4th in the rankings as well! (for now :()

Jordan - I'm going to PM you, as I have an idea, so to speak, of how to possibly conduct what I had PM'd you about earlier.

G35 normal,reverse
1'16.976, 3rd in standings last time I checked.

edit
The rankings have been reset since I last checked so I ran a 1'17.xxx & got back to 3rd.
My name on the U.S. boards is racevw14

I find a lot of the top times, people cut onto the grass to improve their lines. They should use an update to take time away from these people.

nothing wrong with a wheel or two off the road if it helps with time. if PD made it so a wheel on the grass slows you down, still the same people would probably be on top. its not like you're relying on cuting the grass it just happens cause your going too fast. I try to avoid it but eh it happens.

nothing wrong with a wheel or two off the road if it helps with time. if PD made it so a wheel on the grass slows you down, still the same people would probably be on top. its not like you're relying on cuting the grass it just happens cause your going too fast. I try to avoid it but eh it happens.

Cutting the grass cuts a lot of time. I have nothing against putting 1 or 2 off slightly, but a lot of people just cut right through the grass and it cuts a lot of time and keeps their speed up.

One corner in particular is the right sweeper after the tunnel. The top guys cut through the grass there, and it's cheap IMO. If they didnt cut the grass they wouldn't be on top.

In the real world, if your going to fast for the corner and end up going off.........your more then likely going to wreck. But being a game it's more forgiving. And you can also see that these guys are using the grass intentionally to cut time, it's blatantly obvious.

Right now my best is a 1.09.8xx in the 599 (stock), which is 9th on the boards. But I keep all my wheels on the road.

i dunno, sometimes the fastest line means going a little off road. and what i meant by the top people would probably still be on top is that anyone could drive on the grass, but they have the top times for a reason.

anyways nice time

im on the boards on a couple of the reverse stock.

I got first in the Eunos roadster (Miata) Tuned reverse
DSC02665.jpg

I'm also 2nd in the G35 tuned reverse.

& yea I "cut some grass" but so what, it is a rally type stage.
Check out my vids, it's not like it was excessive but it was the best line.
You don't lose time for the grass so the designers didn't see a problem with that, but if you hit gravel you lose time so they did have a problem with that.

i dunno, sometimes the fastest line means going a little off road. and what i meant by the top people would probably still be on top is that anyone could drive on the grass, but they have the top times for a reason.

anyways nice time

im on the boards on a couple of the reverse stock.

Going through the grass is never part of the racing line. And although it may be quicker in a game, in real life you will get black flagged for it. I do a lot of track driving in real life, and my family used to race cars, so for me I take racing a little more seriously and im strict with myself........which is why I dont use the grass to shave "illegal" time.

I drive the game like I would drive in real life, on a proper racing line.......not a fantasy "through the grass" line. Don't get me wrong, they are still really good, but would be at least 1 second slower if not more if they didnt cut the grass.

Thanks on the props though.

I can't remember what track it is but they always put an orange cone out that wasn't susposed to be hit, they bolted it to the ground & by the end of the race it was just a stub.

They put curbs on the insides of many NASCAR tracks because the cars were kicking up grass & dirt on the track because they were cutting the grass, they did the same at indy for the brickyard too didn't they?

F1 cars fly over curbs in the chicanes that were put there to keep cars from cutting corners, no cars are blacked flagged for it.

I worked in flagging & communication at SCCA races & I can tell you the grass don't grow at the apex's because it's driven over so much & not a single car is blacked flagged because of it.

The bottom line is unless a track forbids it like passing below the yellow line in NASCAR & enforces it drivers will & have used every bit of the grass they can until it slows them down.

I've raced SCCA & never got blacked flagged for grass cutting & there was plenty of grass in my wheel wells when it was the faster line.
The only racing I've done that forbid cutting corners was Autocross, hit a cone & you got a 2 sec penalty.

The fast line is there, if you don't take it you lose.

I can't remember what track it is but they always put an orange cone out that wasn't susposed to be hit, they bolted it to the ground & by the end of the race it was just a stub.

They put curbs on the insides of many NASCAR tracks because the cars were kicking up grass & dirt on the track because they were cutting the grass, they did the same at indy for the brickyard too didn't they?

F1 cars fly over curbs in the chicanes that were put there to keep cars from cutting corners, no cars are blacked flagged for it.

There is a big difference between riding the curbing and cutting right through the grass on all 4 wheels........dont even try to compare the two.

Also, Nascar and Indy are ovals, they never want to touch their tires to the grass since they are traveling at close to 200mph.........that would be suicidal.

I worked in flagging & communication at SCCA races & I can tell you the grass don't grow at the apex's because it's driven over so much & not a single car is blacked flagged because of it.

The bottom line is unless a track forbids it like passing below the yellow line in NASCAR & enforces it drivers will & have used every bit of the grass they can until it slows them down.

I've raced SCCA & never got blacked flagged for grass cutting & there was plenty of grass in my wheel wells when it was the faster line.
The only racing I've done that forbid cutting corners was Autocross, hit a cone & you got a 2 sec penalty.

The fast line is there, if you don't take it you lose.

You are comparing putting maybe 1 ir 2 wheels off in a race.............and driving your entire car through the grass........two completely different things. If you were in a race and did the things they are doing, you would be black flagged. Also in F1 if you cut clear through the grass then you are required to concede your position or you will be black flagged.

In the game, it's not the fast line, it's a bull**** line. Because in reality you cant put all 4 off like that. I really hope Polyphony makes going on the grass more degrading to speed so that people don't continually cheat like that, because it is cheating, justify it any way you like. If you cant drive fast on a real line.......then your not fast.

In most games, players just cut through hairpins by jumping "over" sandpits or grass. That should penalize the player immediately or even give a black flag.

Here's an example of what's good and what's not:

On this picture, the car has two wheels on the apex (almost on grass). This is done relatively often in racing. 2 tires on the curbs, apex or grass. Dangerous, but fine.

AR_shortcut.jpg

on this same picture, if you were to cut through that curve on the grass with the car, that is not proper and should be black flagged.

In the game, it's not the fast line, it's a bull**** line. Because in reality you cant put all 4 off like that. I really hope Polyphony makes going on the grass more degrading to speed so that people don't continually cheat like that, because it is cheating, justify it any way you like. If you cant drive fast on a real line.......then your not fast.

Well since it's a game I'm not going to argue fine points but I doubt many people that has actually looked at my videos in the leaderboard would say I cheated.

Well since it's a game I'm not going to argue fine points but I doubt many people that has actually looked at my videos in the leaderboard would say I cheated.

I don't think I've seen any of your vids. And not all of the top times use the grass either, only a few. The current top time for the stock 599, the guy uses the grass heavily. He carries too much speed, and uses the grass since he can't keep the car on the track without lowering his speed.

Someone put up an awesome 16696 run on the Skyline reverse....so I had to beat it, and ended up with 168XX, which is now my current top for any car.

You had a great run going till the end when you cheated and cut threw the grass!

Look here for standard clean OLR rules that have been used for GT3 and GT4. 👍
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=2535885&postcount=1

Oh bite me!!!:irked: lol
"2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times"
I believe even in the last 2 turns I had 2 wheels on the track.
What is your game ID so I can see how a real driver does it?:rolleyes:

HawkSolo is my gamer ID. I had several top 10's but it's been a few days since I've been on so I'm not sure now.

I do have all my replays saved and will be happy to post them up if you can't find one of mine in the top 5. ;)

Back