post your DFP game setups

  • Thread starter Thread starter FC3S5
  • 29 comments
  • 1,951 views
Messages
111
i want to see how you set up your driving force pro. i just got mine the other day and so far ive only been using a big table to mount it on and it gets in the way. give me some ideas on what to build or whatever.
 
a6m5
I'm going to get one soon, and these give me some ideas. Thank you!



Your setup is amazing. Looks like it came right out of an arcade or lab!

Yeah...i'm happy with it :) Just a little bit to long but....no matter...it's so cool to drive on that and it was easy to buit :)
 
Isn't this a repost or an already-mentioned topic? Do a search. Better safe than sorry.
 
Actually, that's not too bad. Just needs a coat of paint. 👍
 
I would very much like to show you my set-up, but I only have an anologue camera.

What I use is ergonomicly perfect and I am sure a lot of people have it in their bedroom/ basement standing there not used.

It is an ab trainer that was sold a lot years ago, and you simply fit the wheel on the bar , put a chair behind it and you're off!
 

Attachments

  • mavemaatte_small.jpg
    mavemaatte_small.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 59
Well doesn't have to look great to drive well, heres is mine made out of a small TV stand......
 

Attachments

  • Driving force pro setup.jpg
    Driving force pro setup.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 85
thats a very sweet setup volkavb, but whats under the white sheet?
 
volkavb
Using this thing has totally changed my driving experience.

http://www.muckelbude.com/bilder/pot01.jpg

This setup looks a bit like the one from Frex with its simple yet functional design!

Only thing that would make it even better...IMHO...is to make the shelf where the driving wheel would normally be clamped to fully adjustable...instead of using a stationary position. This would allow everyone to obtain a comfortable driving position.
 
MadduckUK, that's two wooden stands beneath the sheet, we didn't have any studio or blue screen at hand...

This Frex-thingy is quite cool aswell, but at least twice as expensive.
Apart from that, you can adjust the height of the steering wheel on this setup. And the seat. And the footrest (in angle, too). Oh, and the main structure can also be adjusted. Still working on the surround-sound-stands, though.
 
im just rying to figure out how tall it is, no need for the sarcasm
 
maxter
I am almost embarrased to show you my effort, but it serves a purpose, that is it's portable. It does however demonstrate my total lack of handyman skills :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

What you can do with no talent and even less money

The surround sound system add an interesting dimension though.

Hey, mine's going to look lot more like yours too! I don't have any handyman skills either. It should be very interesting. I admire GT_Alex's craftsmanship though.
 
MadduckUK
im just rying to figure out how tall it is, no need for the sarcasm

Didn't want to sound sarcastic...
Measurerments are 1,5 m lenght, 0,5 m width. The steering wheel is adjustable in height, in this setup at a maximum of about 0,5 m, which is perfect for me (1,77 m).
Width and height could easily be adjusted by using different lenght aluminium profiles (if You call them like that in english), so virtually any kind of seat could be used even by really huge guys.
 
Here's mine. I would INSIST that anyone who can get a DFP and a good way to mount it should do so. It will increase your GT4 experience ten-fold. I tried playing the demo with the DS and it just didn't compare immersion-wise.

It's a Racebase MkII DIY kit. Highly recommended.
 

Attachments

  • racebase2.jpg
    racebase2.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 79
8400RPM
Here's mine. I would INSIST that anyone who can get a DFP and a good way to mount it should do so. It will increase your GT4 experience ten-fold. I tried playing the demo with the DS and it just didn't compare immersion-wise.

It's a Racebase MkII DIY kit. Highly recommended.

Hiya! :D :O :lol: Meow! (='.'=)

wow...I reall love your setup! 👍 :O
 
l4mbr3tt4
Good lord.....

Some kids gonna get is ass handed to him at the soap box derby.


:) :) :) Ain't that the truth, but it's easy for me to get my tired old bones into and out of 👍
 
SimRaceDriver
I'm using this setup for now...

Bigger TV, shifter & handbrake, receiver & speaker setup to come later down the road!


*Hey, no offense, but is that something you bought or made? It just looks like it'd be hard to make, but specific to a racing game setup
 
bradymiller
*Hey, no offense, but is that something you bought or made?

No offense take but honestly, does it look like something that would be in a D.I.Y. (Do It Yourself) catalog? LOL!

Actually, it's a pre-build setup from a company called Ball Racing Developements or BRD for short!

Here's a better picture of it from the side..minus my current 27'' Sony TV on it!.....but when GT4 hits, I'll be moving it in front of my 36' Sony TV
:-)
 
Hi,
This is the setup I put together for my DFP
Cheers,
Dave
 

Attachments

  • setup1.JPG
    setup1.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 34
Back