Potential ideas to stop DR tanking in the next FIA championship

• Thread starter JayOTT
  • 34 comments
If you removed DR cap that would lead to even more DR banking. Players are already quitting the game outside of FIA to safe guard their DR. I don't know many people who enjoy in other games risking hundreds - if not thousands - of ranking points in order raise theirs by only 10-20 points.

If you removed the DR cap, then the people on 75K DR would have a reason to do daily races, and if 2 or more people with 75K (or close) DR are in a daily race, then the gains would actually be major, and hence then other people would do Daily Races etc

And if enough people do the daily races, suddenly 75K DR may not mean a guaranteed top lobby, especially with country and manufacteurer limits.

If you removed the DR cap, then the people on 75K DR would have a reason to do daily races, and if 2 or more people with 75K (or close) DR are in a daily race, then the gains would actually be major, and hence then other people would do Daily Races etc

And if enough people do the daily races, suddenly 75K DR may not mean a guaranteed top lobby, especially with country and manufacteurer limits.

On top of this DR can only go up a certain amount uncapped anyway, the very nature of the system means the top DR driver would almost be 'soft capped' because they cannot gain much DR as there's no one ahead of them, and they still stand to lose some even when finishing 4th or 5th.

They would have to find a way of ensuring people don't just sit and grind Dailies all day though to get an unrepresentative DR, maybe some form of cap on how much you can gain in a day from the Daily Races once you reach the 70k mark.

I see the positive intent, but to play devils advocate; you know there will be those desperate T1 heroes hunting those major gains who will dive bomb these high DR players in daily races. Losing to them might still yield decent points (if say you come in third after the two 75K players) in front of As and Bs but then it wouldn't be much different from what it is now.

Also, without the cap, you need similar ranked players to get a good enough boost in points. In my experience when I would sign on at odd hours, I would do a daily and beat much lower DR drivers, win or podium, and still get double digit increases in DR, hardly worth the time. Removing the cap might invite a lot of high DR players and even place them in similar rooms but even with good communication, they're still playing on chance.

I see the positive intent, but to play devils advocate; you know there will be those desperate T1 heroes hunting those major gains who will dive bomb these high DR players in daily races. Losing to them might still yield decent points (if say you come in third after the two 75K players) in front of As and Bs but then it wouldn't be much different from what it is now.

Also, without the cap, you need similar ranked players to get a good enough boost in points. In my experience when I would sign on at odd hours, I would do a daily and beat much lower DR drivers, win or podium, and still get double digit increases in DR, hardly worth the time. Removing the cap might invite a lot of high DR players and even place them in similar rooms but even with good communication, they're still playing on chance.
For the first part, since more A+ drivers would grind the dailies, that DR level will become more saturated, and we'll stop seeing these A+ to B daily lobbies. It will take time, yes, but eventually these T1 heroes will disappear in top split daily lobbies because more and more A+ drivers will grind, keeping these T1 heroes out :)

Back