Power Rangers

  • Thread starter Thread starter laszlo
  • 10 comments
  • 790 views
Messages
37
Okay I feel like a bit of a nerd for posting this, but whom like myself, used to watch one of the greatest kids shows ever made, THE POWER RANGERS! and whom, if anyone, still watches this program?
 
Power Ranger made my life.

I could assemble the fully transforming Megazord faster than anyone, and I wasn't half bad at the Shogun zord either :grin:

Annnnd infact I was going to make a Power Rangers thread today, or atleast ask the question, in the "zord" fights, are there guys in the costumes? Looking back I probably assumed it was stop-start or wire puppets, but today it looked like guys in suits :odd:
 
omg, well here ya go, beat ya too it ;)

and it was guys in suits on the show.
 
I watched the original, when it first came out what, 12, 13 years ago? It was great, very original. Just one of the many great kid shows from the 90s.

It was great back then, but the recent shows aren't even a fraction as good as the original.
 
Power Rangers were way too new. My favorites were Sun Vulcan:
sunvulcan_title.jpg


:lol:
 
To me the main attraction of Power Rangers was always the huge boss battles at the end of each episode.

The wicked queen or whatever she was would make a toy monster, send it into a machine I think, and it would get really big on Earth.

The Power Rangers would combine their dinosaurs, quite spectacularly, into one large, super cool looking Dinosaur that could defeat the monster the wicked queen sent to earth.

I've always been a fan of dinosaurs and Godzilla movies so I loved the battles, which came complete with scale sized model cities that would get destroyed in the battle.

Does anyone know the name of the "Super Dinosaur" they transformed into during the first season from 1993-1996? I would like to find some pics of it on google

From Season 1, here are the Dinosaurs they transformed into

Mastadon

ZackMastadonMorph.jpg


Pyteradactyl
KimberlyHartPinkRangerMorph.jpg


Triceratops
BillyTriceratopsMorph.jpg


Saber Toothed Tiger
Trinmrph.jpg


Tyrannosaurus
Jason_redmorph.jpg


Now what is the name of the robot dinosaur they all transformed into ?
 
Megazord was the name of the original, and the others then are called that and the name of their series. Yes, I did have to wikipedia that, Danny.

Did anyone else hate the transforming sequence where they all combined that was repeated without fail every time!?
 
Like this?



When this happens, it was time to lift your tired head off the kitchen table and watch the ass kicking.
 
No! That clip skipped it where the megazord goes from crawling along on its ass to standing up!
 
I agree, that clip was a bit off; I remember the transformation scenes being slightly different. Power Rangers was one super show though. I used to watch it in the morning before school, all the way through high school too! Helped me focus the mind before class...!

Although tell me, how is it that the Tyrannosaurus is the same size as the Megazord? Shouldn't it be one fifth the size?

Man, I always had a crush on Pink Ranger.
 
Back