PP500

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bearcatts
  • 18 comments
  • 2,681 views
Messages
13
Australia
Australia
I am interested to hear from those of you with a superior car and setup combination to participate in PP500 races.
 
I have built several 500PP cars over the last few weeks, some better than others of course but lots of good ones.
At first I was building them and running in the 550PP Touring car race at Bathurst then started running them in the 20 mile Willow Springs event.

Some of the better ones so far
Honda S2000 LM Race Car
Amuse S2000 R1
Mazda Roadster 1.8
67 Cougar XR7
RUF 3400S
Mazda RX8 Type E '03
Mazda RX7 Bathurst Edition
 
Last edited:
Mazda RX500. Stock setup. Prepare to fly
 
So many to choose from. It depends what you like to drive really, I'm mainly an FR fan. For road cars on Sports/Comfort tyres, a nicely modified NSX Type R is in my opinion is the best handling car. And the Amuse S2000 R1, can't forget that beast. I also enjoy my M3 CSL but it wouldn't be able to keep up with the Hondas. I'm going to build a 500pp 86GT/BRZ at some point because that has potential for a bit of fun I think.

The usual 4WDs like Imprezas/Evos will be good as well but I haven't dragged myself away from RWD yet except for a few days driving FFs in preparation for an online league.
 
GSX-R/4!!! won the Dream Car Championship with it!!! 200PP less than allowed... (can't say it didn't require some nail biting) also win the polyphony cup with ease with it... too bad you can't paint it!!!
 
The stock TVR Tamora is surprisingly nippy. 498 PP without an oil change. The Lotus Elite V8 '02 is also a great drive.

Btw I have just started to test cars stock with CM tyres around Willow Springs - Big Willow. The pdf includes the PP rates of the cars used. 28 cars tested atm.

Stock cars on CM tyres around Big Willow
 
I'd like to nominate the '91 Acura NSX LM Race Car. With oil change it's only a few PP above 500, and turns lap times that are at least as good as the GT3 cars, which have 100 PP more!

The handling is absolutely great. Very neutral, except for the fact it has a LOT of lift off oversteer. But in the right hands this only makes it turn in much better.

All I did to the stock setup was increase the rear toe, and remove all camber completely.
 
Trial Celica SS-II (ZZT231) '03 (500PP / 336bhp / 959kg) ... A screamer and Fast !!!
 
the rx8s are the fastest at 500pp, especially the concepts.
 
Pagini zonda
Honda Integra
And Trial Celica, all pre-7.30's on the nurb with 500-550pp (can't remember exact figure)
 
NSX-R '01 or '02, M3 CSL, RX500, miura, shelby series one, elise 111R are all good cars, gsxr/4 if the host will let you run it in a street room, but my favorite one so far has been the Stratos if you can get a good tune on it and handle a car that is ready to kill you if you make any slight mistake. It is a missile in the straights though, not so good in the corners. All of this is on SS tires. RS tires don't seem to work with these street cars (extremely unpredictable and no fun to drive) so I try to stay away from running RS tires on street cars.
 
Can't believe the Focus RS 02 hasn't received a mention yet. Very competitive on most tracks.
The Ferrari Dino GT is also a good ride and fairly quick.
The TM Lancer is a good safe ride, as are some of the Civics.
Just for fun, I built an E-Type which is surprisingly good on the longer tracks.
Currently working on a Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta passo corto '61 which, so far, is not quite as much fun as I had hoped.
Next project is to procure and work on the Lamborghini Miura P400 Bertone '67.
 
The stock TVR Tamora is surprisingly nippy. 498 PP without an oil change.

As is the Tuscan Speed 6 - 508PP after oil change, power limit back to 500PP
 
The Ferrari 365 GTB4 (Daytona) seems very good at that level.
 
The Focus RS because if you play a bit with the differential you can take away all that understeer and make it a cornering beast!
 
I have found the '09 impreza sti c spec to be the best in corners so far.
 
The Focus RS because if you play a bit with the differential you can take away all that understeer and make it a cornering beast!
The focus rs is a freak , I've seen it annihilate cars way above its calibre. A lot of rooms are banning them they are that freaky lol.
 
Yeah! Actually I started using it because none of my cars could give it a proper fight when playing online, then I tried it, Bam instant win!!!!
 
Back