PP600 - what car do you use?

  • Thread starter Thread starter homeforsummer
  • 56 comments
  • 5,671 views

homeforsummer

Bonbonbonbons!
Premium
Messages
27,318
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Here's an interesting one.

In the old PP500 I used to use an Integra because I found it good for close, competitive racing against other Integras, Focus STs, Golf GTIs etc.

I came off holiday to find it had been replaced with the PP600. I decided to use an Integra still, fully tuned to it's 581PP potential, and it's proved very competitive indeed. I haven't been beaten once at Daytona Road, and I usually come top three at Suzuka (the only real tracks I race online at).

However, the 600 point limit opens up the car choice very wide indeed - you can be vaguely competitive in anything from the Tuned Cappucino, through an Elise, right to a de-tuned Ferrari F430.

I personally enjoy beating the Ferraris, GTRs and Tuned Clio V6s in a FWD Integra.

What do other people here use, if you race in the PP600 events at all?

EDIT: Now that PP500 is the lowest event (and professional physics only), what car do you prefer to use for this now?

As you can see from my sig, I've mainly been using the Golf Mk4 and the Elise. The Elise is good slidy fun and the Golf is a bit different - not many people seem to use it but it's a pretty good car. I've had numerous wins in either car.

Today though I bought the Citroen C4, the Focus ST and the Mazda Atenza and raced each online.

And my god are the Atenza and Focus good when they're tuned to the 500PP limit. For 500PP I put full race tyres on the Focus and even raised the weight a little and I'm sure it gripped better than the Integra even, and the Atenza seemed really well balanced for such a big car. No wonder more people seem to be using these now instead of the Integra.
 
Iwe won quite a few races at HSR with the integra.

Uasely you will start as nr 1 since you only have a 581 PP car, and if not making any errors, or the drivers behind you dont deside to use you as a breake bumper, then you should be able to keep that position all the way home.

Also the tuned clio is pretty good, but not as fun, as it seems everyone and their mother is using that car.
 
Yeah loads of people use the Clio but only a few seem really quick in it. It's hard to tell if the people who use Ferraris think "ooh, this will beat everyone" or "this should be difficult, will be a challenge" either. Methinks many follow the first path.

The 'Teg is so quick because at 581PP it has much more power than standard, much less weight, and you can bung the stickiest tyres on it so it's brilliant in corners. Seems to surprise a lot of people.
 
The subaru WRX STI 07 has the tope time in HSR at 600pts
 
Dam.. i can't wait to complete A class
 
After me singing the Integra's praises, I've now started using the Ferrari 512BB. It's much more of a challenge and much more fun, some great sideways action!
 
BMW M3 is my favorite choice for PP600.

There used to be a PP500 event? I would love more pro level (pro physics) events beyond the PP700. It gets old driving against tuned cars and Ford GTs after a while. Different GT classes would be nice.
 
I use the Clio alot for this event, it can be great fun when people arent trying to knock me off the road! I noticed a lot of people dont change the gear ratios for this race which would really damage your time because there is no really long straight so you can knock the top speed down to about 260KMpH.
 
Another vote for the 'teg here, although I have been wondering recently if it isn't too competitive in this class? I'm rarely out of the top 3 but it's hard to tell if that's because I'm good, the others are poor, or the physics is skewed. Whatever, it is fun embarrassing Ferraris etc :D

What I'd really like to see is Intermediate 1 and 2 classes, both at 550-600 PP but one on standard physics and the other on Pro. I like racing touring cars, but I want to be able to race them on Pro dammit!!!
 
What else? The Jaguar! 👍
 
For the past hour or so I've been using a Golf '05. Comes out at about 577 points and just owns everything. It was funny watching Ferrari's and Z06 trying ti take me out on corners only to crash & die. I was winning most races by about 2.5 seconds.

Great fun!!!!!
 
i like to use cars which are not often used, just started to use the art morrison vette around London on 600pp. won easily
 
I'm always using the Integra. It was very strong under 500PP and with 581 maximum PP it's competitive at 600PP although it's not as fast as the tuned Clio.
 
For the past hour or so I've been using a Golf '05. Comes out at about 577 points and just owns everything. It was funny watching Ferrari's and Z06 trying ti take me out on corners only to crash & die. I was winning most races by about 2.5 seconds.

Great fun!!!!!

Thats the thing, the top tuned FWD cars ('Teg, Mini, Golf etc) are brilliant because even though they don't reach the full 600 point limit they're so light and manageable that you can beat pretty much anything else.

I'm going to make a point of not using the tuned Clio V6 because so many idiots use them assuming they're quickest and simply can't handle them, or use them as a battering ram.

I use the Ferrari now because I found it too easy to win in the Integra. The Ferrari is faster on top speed but slower on cornering and much harder on braking, but I still delight in beating the Clios. I'm actually seeing how long it is before more people use the 512 seeing me beat them in it! I was racing a chap today who was in a Clio (I beat him) then an Elise (I beat him again) and then switched to a 512 and actually beat me! (though this was because i accidentally gained a short-cut penalty...)

Ardius: What is the Jag's standard PP? I quite fancy buying one for the challenge. I've found that the people who are less competitive on PP600 are ones who choose a high PP car thinking it'll be quick but then have to detune it, put worse tyres on, increase the weight etc. I've found it much better to take a slow car and make it quick.
 
EDIT: Now that PP500 is the lowest event (and professional physics only), what car do you prefer to use for this now?

As you can see from my sig, I've mainly been using the Golf Mk4 and the Elise. The Elise is good slidy fun and the Golf is a bit different - not many people seem to use it but it's a pretty good car. I've had numerous wins in either car.

Today though I bought the Citroen C4, the Focus ST and the Mazda Atenza and raced each online.

And my god are the Atenza and Focus good when they're tuned to the 500PP limit. For 500PP I put full race tyres on the Focus and even raised the weight a little and I'm sure it gripped better than the Integra even, and the Atenza seemed really well balanced for such a big car. No wonder more people seem to be using these now instead of the Integra.
 
Well, for the 600PP I just found my new favorite, the TLD M3, and for the 500PP I use the TLD Alpha 147 or the TLD Swift, some good advertising for TLD isn't it?
 
Well, for the 600PP I just found my new favorite, the TLD M3, and for the 500PP I use the TLD Alpha 147 or the TLD Swift, some good advertising for TLD isn't it?
After spending about half an hour chasing you in that M3 I think I'm going to try it out. I think I'm gonna try the Golf, too. IIRC during the dealer's race for that it was a really fun car to drive. I don't remember how quick it was, though.
 
NSX Type R, anyday all day the fastest in 600PP.
 
NSX Type R, anyday all day the fastest in 600PP.

I'll have to give that a try. I've been having great success with the 07 WRX, even before it became all the rage.
 
Am I alone with the Lexus??
It's not the quickest, but it's quite well balanced and easy to drive. On Suzuka for example, I can mostly finish top 3 by avoiding mistakes. Still not immune to the punters though.
Oh - and it's got 8 gears.
 
Am I alone with the Lexus??
It's not the quickest, but it's quite well balanced and easy to drive. On Suzuka for example, I can mostly finish top 3 by avoiding mistakes. Still not immune to the punters though.
Oh - and it's got 8 gears.
Agreed. IS-F is very quick on straights and very controllable on corners and its not tailhappy is you have the right setups.
 
Depends on the track. On road corse, I use a Evo. Daytona seems to like a BMW.
 
PP500: I have been using the TLD Alfa, C4 and Swift. I had most success with the TLD Alfa and C4. Next up the TLD Swift and TLD Lancia, probably tonight. I do not use the Integra, Mini or Focus because they are all so common. It is also fun; a Brit in an Alfa beating an Italian in an Integra. :)

PP600: going to try TLDs M3.
 
PP500: Mainly Swift, but before that Integra & Clio. Thinking about searching some more uncommon car and see what happens.

PP600: Tuned Clio,:O was first car to tune for 600pp but slowly getting tired of it. Could be difficult to find a car that´s equal in performance with the tuned X´s... Also 512bb sometimes, need to use that one more often. Somehow I feel not to use 4wd, as they seems too easy to handle ---> might get bored. :lol: NSX might be next on the list.

Lately been so busy with the Swift that almost all of my time has gone to preparing for the Saturday... :dopey: So many cars still to get my teeth into. 👍

-Timppaq
 
I like the STI RA and the viper.
 
I select cars for PP600 in this order:

1) NSX-R
2) Art Morrison Corvette
3) TVR Tamora

The NSX-R is the fastest car in the PP600. You only need worry about the BMW. Its my money maker if I want a new car. It is hard to lose in the NSX-R against the average crowd.

My AM Vette tune makes this car fairly competitive so long as the server is not full of BMW's and NSX's. Lots of wins, but it must be noted that most any car can beat it if well driven. The Vette really loses out on the straights as 5th and 6th gear is really weak and nothing can be done about it. However, it corners surprisingly well (after a little tweaking) and brakes like a champ. Great turn-in capabilities and lots of low end power on tap. Using the throttle to steer is a blast!!! Hardly anyone races this car so that is why I like it most. Probably my favorite car to run in the series...even when I finish last, I know I put up a good, close race for what I came in.

The TVR Tamora is just plain fun to drive. Quick through the corners but slow on the straights. Brakes like a champ. Lot's of wins...if the grid isn't full of NSX's/BMW's. The harsh reality though, is that it is only really competitive against the average crowd. That being said, beating Ferraris never felt better!
 
I switch between the Tuned Clio and the Tuned Evo IX.

The Clio for when I know there will be GTP members and I can expect a good, fast, intense race. I find that I'm faster in it than the NSX; just a drive-style thing.

The Evo when I expect to be in the "average" group. It handles great but is severly hindered on the straights (top speed of about 130). Love this car so much I usually slow down at the start just to make sure I'm at the very back and I can have fun overtaking people in the turns.
 
Back