practice methods (not drifting)

Hey everyone,

I was just wondering if any of you guys had some ideas for grip racing practice methods. My friends and I are holding a competition, and I was wondering if there was anything else I could do to practice (aside from laps on courses). For example I thought of using hard tires on the car (calsonic skyline) at first, then switching to softer ones when I progress. Do you guys have any other tips you can give me? I've had the game about a month and I have gotten all the licenses.

Any help is appreciated,

Cheers

Kuroneko_Sama
Hey everyone,

I was just wondering if any of you guys had some ideas for grip racing practice methods. My friends and I are holding a competition, and I was wondering if there was anything else I could do to practice (aside from laps on courses). For example I thought of using hard tires on the car (calsonic skyline) at first, then switching to softer ones when I progress. Do you guys have any other tips you can give me? I've had the game about a month and I have gotten all the licenses.

Any help is appreciated,

Cheers
Hello Kuroneko_Sama:
:D And WELCOME to the GTP Forums! :cheers: I don't know of any substitute for Practice, Practice, Practice. However I WOULD Suggest you reverse the order of your Tyre choice. Start out on "Soft" tyres first as they're much easier (IMO) to Master. Then as you feel confident move on the the Harder Compounds ...UB57 :D

BTW: Been a while since I've done it but if you're racing "Arcade" cars with your buddies, I think all the "Rides" have T-5 Tyres.

Thanks for the welcome and advice about the tires, I'll try to win myself a Calsonic skyline in the professional league so I can fit some soft tires on it.

If anyone else has a few tips please keep them coming.

Cheers.

Hi, Kuroneko, and a late welcome.

I'm going to contradict Uncle Bob, even though he's a lot faster than I am. I would recommend practicing on the tires you'll race with. Like UB said, at least the arcade racers are on T5s. I find that using a different compund teaches you a different set of limits, and you have to adjust for that on the fly if you are racing on something harder or softer.

My suggestion would be to run the Enduro for whatever tracks you'll be racing on. Having 40, 75, or even 100 laps at one sitting really helps me find the groove. It's best if you can do it in a car you'll be using for the competition, but don't overpower the competition or you won't have to be sharp to beat the AI. The line around a given track is similar for most cars; it's mostly a matter of how fast you can take it.

Good luck!

Thanks for another welcome and the advice. Usually I have only raced with stock tires so the T5s are pretty good to me. As for the advice on the endurance races I'll give it a shot. I've never done one before but it should be a good experience.

Thanks again, you guys are really helping.

:D Good advice (as usual) from neon_duke ! Starting "In the MIddle" w/T-5s would allow you to "Adjust" both ways! :banghead:

BTW: If you know for a fact you're going to use Arcade Rides, concentrate on obtaining the Calsonic Skyline (Been a while so I don't remember, but "think" it's one of the first "S" Class cars you get) & opening ALL the ARCADE Tracks. Then you can practice with the EXACT Ride you're going to use at whichever Venue the race is held...UB57 :D

With JGTC Skylines, use a manual 'box and change up at or before 6250rpm and stay a gear higher than you usually would in any given corner - good for 2s a lap around Midfield.

All I can say is don't get used to just one line, experiment in taking corners faster and faster each lap, 'cause you've only pushed too far when your into the wall.

Hehe well I managed to get my very own non-arcade Calsonic Skyline. It took me a while but it was worth it. I've been practicing and am now in the process of unlocking all the arcade tracks on hard. Thanks for all the advice, you guys are top shelf (great!).

Well its 3AM now so I should catch some zzzs

Cheers.

Back