Praiano GT6 Tunes:GRAN TURISMO RED BULL X2014 JUNIOR

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 4,593 comments
Hello Mr. Gran Praiano!
First of all thanks a lot for your great work, your even greater tunes and your efforts!

One of my favourite cars in GT5 was the Nissan GT-R R35 Touring Car on the Nordschleife.

Any plans on working out a special praiano tune? :-) I m failing some how to get it right by myself.

Thanks in advance! Keep it up!

Best Regards. René

Hello Mr. Gran Praiano!
First of all thanks a lot for your great work, your even greater tunes and your efforts!

One of my favourite cars in GT5 was the Nissan GT-R R35 Touring Car on the Nordschleife.

Any plans on working out a special praiano tune? :-) I m failing some how to get it right by myself.

Thanks in advance! Keep it up!

Best Regards. René
Hello, thank you René.
Sure i'll do it, it's one of my favorite car at 650pp too.
It's on my favorite list of my garage, together with all the cars i pretend to test and tune in the close future.
Have a good day.

MITSUBISHI FTO GP R '99 // 450PP // SPORT HARD TIRES

Click on the picture to access the setting sheet.

Enjoy your drive ><(((((°>°°°°°
Hey buddy I have noticed you installed the twin plate clutch on this and the Subaru ,,, how come ? Won't the triple be better?
Thanks and keep up the great work !

Hello Praiano,
Thank you very much for all the latest tunes. Man, no slowing you down; even with no PC!
Question for you: Where, or how are you finding the “Real Speed” that is shown on your tuning sheets? Is this info displayed somewhere within the game data, or are you simply testing on a track?
Also, do we need to adjust the speed again after setting the final gear (just like in GT5 tunes), or leave at the initial setting? I am still a little confused about all of this, as the transmission settings appear to be influenced by additional factors within the tune.
My apologies if this has already been addressed.
I appreciate your reply,

Hello Praiano,
Thank you very much for all the latest tunes. Man, no slowing you down; even with no PC!
Question for you: Where, or how are you finding the “Real Speed” that is shown on your tuning sheets? Is this info displayed somewhere within the game data, or are you simply testing on a track?
Also, do we need to adjust the speed again after setting the final gear (just like in GT5 tunes), or leave at the initial setting? I am still a little confused about all of this, as the transmission settings appear to be influenced by additional factors within the tune.
I appreciate your reply,

I think Mr.P is either testing the top speed in game or he is using one of hiss mighty excel sheets, as for the gears adjustment for specific track nothing has changed since GT5 you only have to move final gear to your own preferences and keep everything else untouched.

SEVEN new Praiano tunes in 24 hours!!! I will find a way to try out every single of them. Thank Dr P!!!

PS to Mr Praiano: As soon as PD releases a true Seasonal Event (which we hope will be this week) I will definitely send a "thank you donation" as I assume you'll be trying to come up with a tune to beat the Seasonal event that is released. Thanks again for making our favorite game even better!

CHAPARRAL 2D '67 // 600PP // RACING HARD

I forgot to also thank you for dedicating this 2D tune to me. I am truly honored, and more than anything, I am EXTREMELY proud to call you a friend. As the saying goes, "you are a gentleman and a scholar". I'm sure that everyone on GTPlanet would agree with me. You are kind, generous, and humble, which are traits not often found these days. Take care Laurent.

I forgot to also thank you for dedicating this 2D tune to me. I am truly honored, and more than anything, I am EXTREMELY proud to call you a friend. As the saying goes, "you are a gentleman and a scholar". I'm sure that everyone on GTPlanet would agree with me. You are kind, generous, and humble, which are traits not often found these days. Take care Laurent.
Thanks for the kind words my good friend.

Hello Praiano,
I appreciate your reply,
That's it, this is the speed i've checked on track in last gear beginning of red zone for most of the tunes.
Yes, to modify this top speed you just move the final gear up or down without touching the others ratios.
Hey buddy I have noticed you installed the twin plate clutch on this and the Subaru ,,, how come ? Won't the triple be better?
Thanks and keep up the great work !
Yes, i didn't test it well till now, it don't seems to have a big difference on track. But following the explanation in GT6, the triple clutch don't fit to medium and low torque cars.

From what I've seen you'll notice the largest differance in clutches on courses with significant hills that require up and down shifts while climbing them.
If you have quick reving low to medium torque engine and install the triple-plate clutch, just slightly lifting of the throttle when going uphill can see the engine RPMs plumet. If the engine makes little torque at low RPM rebuilding the lost power may be difficult.
The heavier twin-plate and stock clutches won't see as big a drop in engine RPM in such situations as they are slower to respond. However, in flatter sections or on relatively flat tracks they also slow how fast the engine revs up to higher RPMs.

It becomes a bit of a trade off and the track your running and way you drive can effect what is the best clutch to use.

Of course that's all just my own observations and opinionion so...:crazy::lol:

FERRARI 458 ITALIA '09 // 600PP // SPORT SOFT

Is the weight transfer on this correct? 50 and not -50? I swapped it to -50 and it seems a bit more manageable. Also added a custom rear wing seemed to help tame the rear end a bit more as well. You've definitely got this car back into a usable racer, thank you!! Your tunes are second to no one.

FERRARI 458 ITALIA '09 // 600PP // SPORT SOFT

This car is awesome. Love the sound of that exhaust. .. ;) quite literaly it smokes away the competition. (See below)... thank you for another great tune...
Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit.jpg

Is the weight transfer on this correct? 50 and not -50? I swapped it to -50 and it seems a bit more manageable. Also added a custom rear wing seemed to help tame the rear end a bit more as well. You've definitely got this car back into a usable racer, thank you!! Your tunes are second to no one.

Last edited:

Yes, it seems that in certain conditions, like compresion in a banked turn, when the travel of the suspension come to the end, there is a sudden lost of grip of the rear. It happen a lot in GT5 in the nurburgring "caroussel" turn, principally with FR and MR cars. PD corrected this with a physic update.
I hope they will do the same now because some fantastics cars are undrivable or at least very annoying to drive.

There is also some very ponctual glitch , like the one i've seen on the nordschleife in the aremberg right turn. I was with a heavy mercedes ,sports tires, medium normal speed and i pass just a few over the kerb with my front right wheel. At this moment my car make a full lateral flip,(like a barrel roll) and landed on his four wheels staying on track.
I've tried to repeat this but no way , not even a little.
There is a lot of glitch of this kind in GT6 and i hope PD will correct this urgently.

That's it, i agree. I don't know about the red light indicator but for sure some situations you're describing are really happening. They can be PD physics inputs to let the game more "real simulator" but they need to fix some uncontroled parameters.

(Above from post #642)

Hi,

Well the 1.03 update is out. When you've had a chance to check it out I hope you'll let us know if you think they've done anything to fix some of the things you mentioned above. At first blush it seems better to me but my driving is not consistent enough to confirm, & I can't use a wheel.

A few hours before the patch I was driving your Toyota MR2 G-Limited '97 around Brands Hatch GP and it does seem a bit easier, and I am more tired now. But that track never presented any great problems in 1.02.

The FXX on the Norschleife was the big spinner, and now my lap time is 28 seconds faster than last saved, but unfortunately that was over a week ago, my driving is better, and I'm not using Traction Control any more, whereas before I had it on "1".

Hopefully some ace drivers will have comments for you to consider, I hope you will find things to like about 1.03, only I hope our priceless serial tuner is not slowed by having to re-do anything.

:cheers:,

Rick

Last edited:
Hello.
This is the good position for the ballast (pos 50). This is a base tune , you can adapt it the way you want but changing the weight repartition change a lot of parameters like springs and dampers.
(Above from post #642)

Hi,

Well the 1.03 update is out. When you've had a chance to check it out I hope you'll let us know if you think they've done anything to fix some of the things you mentioned above. At first blush it seems better to me but my driving is not consistent enough to confirm, & I can't use a wheel.

A few hours before the patch I was driving your Toyota MR2 G-Limited '97 around Brands Hatch GP and it does seem a bit easier, and I am more tired now. But that track never presented any great problems in 1.02.

The FXX on the Norschleife was the big spinner, and now my lap time is 28 seconds faster than last saved, but unfortunately that was over a week ago, my driving is better, and I'm not using Traction Control any more, whereas before I had it on "1".

Hopefully some ace drivers will have comments for you to consider, I hope you will find things to like about 1.03, only I hope our priceless serial tuner is not slowed by having to re-do anything.

:cheers:,

Rick
Goinjg to load the 1.03 now and check it. Very good new, let's see what they did. If it clear the strange behaviors without messing with the overall balance, it will be perfect.
Thanks, have a god day everybody.

AUDI R8 LMS ULTRA (AUDI SPORT TEAM PHOENIX) '12 // 600PP // RACING TIRES

I think the 1.0.3. Update my have fix the MR problem so next time you have a chance can you check it out.

Hello Mr. P, You may want to check to see if Update 1.03 included adjusted PP levels, I woke up this morning to 1.03 to discover that my Diablo GT2 '98 and your great tune @ 550pp is now at 562pp. I hope I am mistaken!
Thank you for all of your great work!

Lambhorgini Diablo GT2 // 550PP // SPORT SOFT

Hi Mr. P. I just won this car completing iB in career.
Your tune has 0/0 downforce on it but my car is stock with front and back wing.
Is this not exactly the same car or is it possible to remove the wing? Thank you.

I just did the 1.03 update and then ran the Nurb with Raybrig HSV10, I kept getting mini-pauses throughout the run. Won the race anyway on R-3's by 1:40-something. Mr P fixed something though because when I first started running the Nurb in GT-6, the actual ring would spit me out into the infield when I ran it in the way I used to in GT-5. I used to drop into it and accelerate, then get 'shot out of gun' at the other end. Same with the little ring section just before the straight.
Thank you Mr. Praiano, you certainly have the magic touch which makes the sim so rewarding instead of frustrating.

@praiano63
You and other tuners who spend a lot of time testing cars without actually doing events that progress you in the game might want to consider doing a game save before tuning sessions and going back to that save before racing.

Here's what happened to me: After updating to 1.03 I jumped in to my FXX (your exact tuning) & got onto Nordschleife to see if things were different, especially those tricky spots we've talked about. At some point I noticed the pp for the car was low, lower than could be accounted for by oil change. I took it to the repair shop and it said the Body Rigidity needed to be restored. 500,000 credits. I gulped and paid up.

I had installed the "Improve Body Rigidity" per your setup when I first tuned the car, before driving it at all. This is confirmed as it shows as "Already installed" in repair shop. This car has just 602.3 km on it and has never been used in competition, only on practice track. It certainly has had many crashes and spins- I haven't learned to drive it properly yet which is why I haven't tried it in competition.

If you test and tune cars a lot you're going to be pushing them to the limit and have thrills- and spills. Taking your car to the repair shop is a bummer. Surveys show people dislike it more than going to the dentist. (I hope PD has not decided to make this overly real.:banghead:) Of course, saving and restoring would mean you'd have to note down and redo all the tuning and setting changes you've made. Maybe just save and then restore only if you've managed to slam into a lot of walls.

I'm afraid I can't say if this has anything to do with the 1.03 upgrade. I hadn't noticed what the pp was before.

If others have had a similar experience please confirm. I had assumed that by "improving body rigidity" you would be protecting yourself to some degree from rigidity degradation, but perhaps it is the opposite- the more rigid the more responsive but also the less flexible and more breakable.

GT6 is so 🤬 complicated! I love it!

Rick

Thanks for posting this Rick. Ill keep an eye out on my tunes too.

Everyone, obviously updates change things in the game and pp is one of those. If Mr. P's tunes have a slight (or slightly large ;) ) pp change please do you best to get it to the desire pp, likely in the power setup area. We will be updating the app and tunes at every stage through this project, but we know PD will continue to 'tweak' the pp calculation.

Happy racing kiddies!

Thanks for posting this Rick. Ill keep an eye out on my tunes too.

Everyone, obviously updates change things in the game and pp is one of those. If Mr. P's tunes have a slight (or slightly large ;) ) pp change please do you best to get it to the desire pp, likely in the power setup area. We will be updating the app and tunes at every stage through this project, but we know PD will continue to 'tweak' the pp calculation.

Happy racing kiddies!

Hi Daisey- In this case they didn't change the pp. After restoring rigidity and oil change the pp was back to 633, just as it is in the setup.

Ive tested some cars after the 1.03 but no big changes at all. Some MR cars like the 458 show a bit of understeer but nothing big. The McLaren MP4 stay on the perfect balance it had before update, the AUDI R8 LMS ULTRA (AUDI SPORT TEAM PHOENIX) '12 is bit safer when pushing hard on it but if you put the front tire on red white paint cutting over apex ,you can spin easy like before 1.03.
Some few crs have their PP affected , just a little for most, this does not affect the tune. You can give a way to reduce PP with power limiter or taking out some parts.
I think ill do a fine tune to the 458 again. This car is very important for me in my garage and i want to do the best balance for it.
Over for today, i ll tune some cars after work tomorrow.
Have a good night everybody.
><(((((º>°°°°°°°°°°°°

Back