Praiano GT6 Tunes:GRAN TURISMO RED BULL X2014 JUNIOR

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 4,593 comments
I finally found this video by accident today, after trying to find it for ages!

Senna & Nakajima driving Mugen CRX EF8 & Honda Cvic EF9 N1 @ Suzuka West

The CRX in video is similar to the (lower spec) '90 SiR in GT5/GT6.
The EF9 Civic Hatchback can be seen via the link in my signature.

Senna had big presence in Japan's auto scene in late 80's, early 90's.
Dreaming about a Senna Honda EF challenge event @ Suzuka West. :)

Last edited:
Hi Laurent , very long and impressive job !!

A question : I have a Ford GT 05 : can I set the tune for 06 or is it completely different by your experience ? I can try obviously.....:)
Bye
massimo

I tested ford 05 using ford 06 tunes last night using sport sport tyres.
Using balast 41kg at -50 to make weight and distribution same with ford 06 (1230kg 46:54)
in my hands:
At 600pp ford 06 faster than ford 05, ford 05 hard to control at this point.
At 550pp ford 05 faster than ford 06, ford 05 very stable and controllable at this point.
Thank you.

RUF CTR2 `96 //550PP // SPORT SOFT TIRES

1997_RUF_CTR2_-_Flickr_-_The_Car_Spy_(9).jpg

View attachment 150061

Enjoy your drive ><(((((°>°°°°°

This car support racing tyres very well.

I´ll publish them this week end here in my GTP garage.
Lamborghini Miura P400 Betone P. 1967 550pp
Internet problems again, back now... I´ll send the files for APP IOS update today. Also for donators.

Ferrari 512 BB 1976
Lamborghini Countach LP400 1974
Ford GT 2006
Nissan Calsonic Skyline 2000
Mazda RX-7 Touring Car GT

Hey P., just want to say thanks a million, finally had time to do some your latest tunes ^.
These 6 cars are just awesome to drive, clutch also works with custom trans, no GT6 glitch. :)

Just want say this, your tunes are a lot of what keeps me hanging in there. 👍 👍

GT6 online is completely borked for me, much worse than GT5...
...so your tunes & No SRF Seasonal Group are what keeps me going.
Please keep it up. :bowdown: :bowdown:

Wish I had a way to take video to show everyone how awesome they are to drive with stick.

:gtpflag: :gtpflag:

Last edited:
Hey P., just want to say thanks a million, finally had time to do some your latest tunes ^.
These 6 cars are just awesome to drive, clutch also works with custom trans, no GT6 glitch. :)

Just want say this, your tunes are a lot of what keeps me hanging in there. 👍 👍

GT6 online is completely borked for me, much worse than GT5...
...so your tunes & No SRF Seasonal Group are what keeps me going.
Please keep it up. :bowdown: :bowdown:

Wish I had a way to take video to show everyone how awesome they are to drive with stick.

:gtpflag: :gtpflag:
Thanks my friend. I´ve tuned this cars the way i like to drive them. I´ve read in a recent thread that somebody find my tunes over rated.
I´ve never tune any car to be rated. I just do this for my pleasure , not to be classified or noted. Like Jump_Ace says, there are plenty of tuners around here with very good cars that perhaps fit better than my cars to somebody with a different driving style than mine.
Anyway. Me too , i´m tired of GT6, Online sessions are very difficult to play, the fun is gone for me.
I have a lot of job lately but i ´ll still tune some cars. Less than before but always with the same pleasure.
Have a good week end everybody.

The Unratable tuner of fake cars.

><((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°

I've noticed your tunes are very drift heavy. I always fix it with a raise in braking lsd by 5. This fixes it almost every time. Sometimes, you just get people who expect you to make ALL of your tunes for their driving style, instead of doing minor tweaks to an already great tune.

Keep tuning them the way you want, and at the rate that you find enjoyable 👍 :cheers:.

And also to anyone looking for some hectic racing, take the general Cobra '66 tune, lower the braking lsd all the way, and raise the acceleration lsd all the way. That thing handles like a bat out of hell :lol:.

Thanks my friend. I´ve tuned this cars the way i like to drive them. I´ve read in a recent thread that somebody find my tunes over rated.
I´ve never tune any car to be rated. I just do this for my pleasure , not to be classified or noted. Like Jump_Ace says, there are plenty of tuners around here with very good cars that perhaps fit better than my cars to somebody with a different driving style than mine.
Anyway. Me too , i´m tired of GT6, Online sessions are very difficult to play, the fun is gone for me.
I have a lot of job lately but i ´ll still tune some cars. Less than before but always with the same pleasure.

><((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°
Hi Laurent , I have always used and appreciated your tunes but GT5 was easier than GT6. Many wins in GT5 but not in GT6.....

I race online for pleasure , specially with a company of italians , very clever and nice people : I'm also happy when I arrive last. A bit like the famous De Coubertin said: it is more important to participate than to win; then if you win, it's best .... :gtpflag:

have a good day and tune for us , do not treat the criticism, it's just env
Bye Massimo

><((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°
I really enjoyed Gt5, I am getting not as much fun from gt6, many times when the race starts my engine sounds like a vacuum cleaner, a lot of glitches, I like you tunes praiano so that is where the fun for me.

><((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°[/quote]
That is a shame. But it seems to be a common story of late.

Just commenting on some of the 600PP tunes: Your GT-R Black Edition tune is blisteringly fast at SSR5. I'm comparing against some others, and the closest competitor to it so far (I haven't made them all) is the Diablo GT, but it's a +1.8 second gap. The Shelby GT500 is a +3.7 second gap.

In short: Amazing job on that GT-R! It's awesome! Very stable. Only thing I changed is adding a rear wing to address some personal instability from high speed braking. I'm very aggressive, so I had to add some downforce. :lol:

Quick edit: My VGT mercedes seems to be able to keep up with the GT-R, but said VGT is much faster on straights!

Last edited:
Hi Praiano, many, many thanks for all your great tunes as always. I too am tired of GT6. I find myself logging in for pleasure cruises on the Ring more than anything else these days. My favourite Ring cruiser is the Aston Martin V12 Vantage. I would love to find a solid tune close to its stock power since I'm seemingly forever tinkering with settings on mine. If you ever feel like giving that one a go, I would be much obliged! Not a request, mind you, just if you ever feel the urge! Thanks again and all the best.

LAMBORGHINI COUNTACH LP400 `74 //550PP // SPORT SOFT TIRES

Lamborghini-Countach-LP400.jpg

View attachment 150046

Enjoy your drive ><(((((°>°°°°°

Mr. Praiano,
I've lurked on GTPlanet for the past few months but finally had to register just to comment on the Countach tune. This was the car I fantasized about in the '70's when I was in my teens. Up until now, MR layout cars in GT6 and my very average DS3 steering and throttle control skills just did not mix well. The few MR cars I have in my garage are generally just frustrating. I saw your tune come up a few days ago and I decided to buy the Countach. I put the tune on it and immediately headed for Nordschleife. 100 miles later I was still laughing at how much fun this is to drive. It's one of just a few cars I can drive at the limit of traction AND control it. This car is why I got GT6 - to drive some amazing vintage road cars at reasonable real-life speeds on some great circuits. Excellent work on this tune and all your chassis documentation, I've learned more than a few things from that info. Keep up the great work and thanks for making my GT6 experience even better!

GTerepka_6

Yes they work perfectly, just a bit more power stock and the Anniversary Edition paint ..... The rest is exactly the same.
Thank you very much! I wanted to know so I could put different paints on as well. 👍

EDIT: I re-made my post to be more organized. Here is the rundown of my results.

• GT 86 Anniversary Edition
    • Set up the exact way you have it.
    • Lap time on SSR5: 1:32.936.
  • GT 86
    • Suspension, Brakes, Differential, Tires, and Transmission the same way you set it up.
      • I had to modify the beginning final drive to get 6th gear to be 1.209.
    • Oil also changed like your tune.
    • Power
      • 92.2% Limiter
      • Engine Tuning Stage 1
      • Sports Computer
      • Stock Exhaust
      • Isometric Exhaust Manifold
      • Sports Catalytic Converter
      • Stock Intake
      • Stock Turbo
      • Nitro Optional
    • Body
      • No Wing
      • Weight Reduction Stage 3
      • Carbon Hood
      • Window Weight Reduction
      • No Ballast
      • Resultant Stats
        • Maximum RPM: 8500
        • Peak HP: 244 hp
        • Weight: 1030 kg
        • Weight Distribution: 53:47
        • Peak Torque: 189 lbf-ft
        • P:W Ratio: 0.237 hp/kg
    • Lap Time on SSR5: 1:32.684
  • Faster Lap Time w/ Gap: GT 86 by 0.249 s
  • Notes
    • The Anniversary Edition has a slight bit of power lag compared to the regular one.
    • The Anniversary Edition is a little squirrely coming out of hairpins.
    • The regular car has no lag and smoother power delivery.
    • The regular car has a little bit of understeer in braking in general. Changing the brake balance and differential tuning can fix this nicely.
    • Overall both cars are really fast in their class, and I'm sure that the Anniversary edition is faster on some tracks. I love your tune a lot!
Here's a picture of the two chilling together!

Yet another edit :lol:: I did a similar thing with the Ford Shelby GT500. It went around 0.639s faster than the Anniversary Edition, despite having a worse power to ratio. I think it had a little wider of a power band, though. I'm not sure! :lol: Edit: I noticed a trend. The lighter cars went slower. I think your suspension setup is actually better for a heavier GT500 because of the stiffness!

(Normal GT 500 1: 817:1550 ; AE: 800:1550)

Attachments

• GT86's.jpg
    GT86's.jpg
    499.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Takes some smooth inputs but wow this a blast to drive. Finally a Lamborghini I like! (Besides the Miura of course) Amazing work as always!
Very good setup and feel like a race car ^_^
Thanks a lot, those cars are both very good to drive and they are also icons. Very well build by PD . Perhaps not very real , to old to be as fast as an LFA or any top new 550PP ...... but anyway, a real pleasure any track. This is what i´m looking for in the game first.

beetween 500-590 pp fastest car Miura but praino setup only.after your Miura setup room admins write (focus RS rx 500 Miura not allowed)I try 512 bb Ferrari good driving but not enough fast and I try Gallardo too braking is not for rookie but if you drive clean on 550 pp very fast too.i have 66 car in garage.40-45 car praiaono setup and support all kind race tire too.thx again next one is yellow bird praiano test)))

Back