PRAIANO'S TUNES : SETTINGS FOR GT7

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 11,919 comments
I concur entirely about Sardenga. The track and event is far too easy (after you've run it a couple dozen times) when weighed against the incredible performance of the cars that can be used in the event, which just happen to be among best ever in racing history as well as Gran Turismo history (R92, 787, 962). It becomes auto pilot. It's why I vastly prefer Tokyo if I'm gonna simply race to grind for credits. It's always challenging (wet, narrow, strict CRB conditions), and you can run pretty much every iconic road car from the 1950s to the 2020's, so it doesn't have the same repetitive feel like Sardenga.
I run mostly Gr.3 cars and road cars with racing car engines at Sardegna. Still easy, but feels more balanced.

The problem is that the best Gr.3 car (McLaren F1) can barely reach 800 PP, but the Group C cars can be downtuned to 800 PP with lots and lots of grip.

I run mostly Gr.3 cars and road cars with racing car engines at Sardegna. Still easy, but feels more balanced.

The problem is that the best Gr.3 car (McLaren F1) can barely reach 800 PP, but the Group C cars can be downtuned to 800 PP with lots and lots of grip.
Yeah, a lot of it just comes down to why I play the game and personal preference. I'm there for the icons. Be they road cars (F40, 911s, Mustangs, Skylines, etc.) or race cars (GT40, R92, MP4/4, etc.). I just don't enjoy running GR3 or GR4 cars as they tend to be much more generic (especially when BOP is in effect). From time to time, sure, but definitely not when grinding for credits. I need the cars to change and feel significantly different since the tracks don't.

Also, since I play in VR, the interiors actually matter and do help keep it fresh. That's another area the GR3/GR4 cars come up short as they are (with some notable exceptions) all quite similarly spartan and stripped with switches, buttons, and carbon fibre everywhere, aesthetic. Plus, having banged my head against roll cages getting in and out of cars more times than I care to admit or remember (probably can't remember due to all the times I did it), I really don't want them in my VR car!!

Can anyone recommend me a strategy for the Super Formula events? I’m on Atlanta right now. Tried a no-stopper with hards, came 6th..

Can anyone recommend me a strategy for the Super Formula events? I’m on Atlanta right now. Tried a no-stopper with hards, came 6th..
I really don't remember well but i think the best way is to regular lap after lap , 1 stop with racing medium tires. Perhaps Racing soft if it can do the stint. Take care with the line entering the box.

Coming next AUDI R8 Coupé V10 plus '16 at 800PP. Soon.

1711739622655.png

I really don't remember well but i think the best way is to regular lap after lap , 1 stop with racing medium tires. Perhaps Racing soft if it can do the stint. Take care with the line entering the box.
I’ll give that a try, thanks Laurent

Audi R8 Coupé V10 Plus '16 - 800PP - Racing Medium Tires - All Tracks - 1.44

Wide car
Rims 20" - rims width wide - Offset wide
Front B - Side B - Rear B - Wing B

Top car on SPA , just take care on technical track like Norschleife , never overdrive the car , don't do late braking sessions during you change the direction , the sanction will come immediately. Be smooth , cool and fast.

Gran Turismo® 7_20240329172700.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20240329172721.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20240329172728.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20240329172739.jpg

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.

Toyota GT-One (TS020) '99 - Gr2 - Maxed - Racing Soft Tires - All track - 1.44
Look like a Gr1 car but it's a Gr2 for sure. At least in GT7. In GT5 it was +900 HP , GT6 this car could reach +1100 HP , i don't know the magic they've made this time.
The original setting is showing a lot of understeer , to correct this , you need to use full front downforce and almost minimum rear downforce to balance the car.
If you want to use it at 800PP , bad news. You'll lose a lot of power for this PP because front downforce increase PP , the low rear downforce too. Forget this kind of range like TWC800. Not performant at all.
The best choice is the WTC900 using maxed settings , it's a good battle together others GR2 cars. GR1 cars at 900PP are a lot more fast . I did my best , i've spent around 8 hours trying a lot of configurations , this is the one i've enjoyed the most.

View attachment 1341192View attachment 1341193View attachment 1341194View attachment 1341195
Hey praiano63,
I love your setups and use them on almost every car.

But I can't agree with you on this one.

I changed your setup a little pit and dropped the PP to 800.
It's not the best Gr.2 car as you said but i have to say it's definitely enjoyable.
I changed the suspension, Rear Downdorce at 900, Front at 551, a little bit of extra weight and reduced power.
It's a bit more slippery on corner exit than other Gr.2 cars but not definitely not that bad.

Did 2.07,900 at Spa 1h race, my best with the Honda GR.2 was about 0,600 sec faster.
Only thing is that the car is eating front tires.
Fuel consumption is also as good as other GR.2 cars.

Last edited:
Use prariano’s tune, SF23 seems better than the 2019s. I tried the SF23 tune on the 19 and it seemed to have no 6th gear. Learn the lines where you need to slow down and floor it on exit (use kerbs to your advantage to limit oversteer/wheelspin). Pretty sure I did the whole race on RMs and used fuel map like 3 to get a big lead before I pitted for fuel and a tire change. I can’t remember but I might’ve kept the same tires I started with.

Use prariano’s tune, SF23 seems better than the 2019s. I tried the SF23 tune on the 19 and it seemed to have no 6th gear. Learn the lines where you need to slow down and floor it on exit (use kerbs to your advantage to limit oversteer/wheelspin). Pretty sure I did the whole race on RMs and used fuel map like 3 to get a big lead before I pitted for fuel and a tire change. I can’t remember but I might’ve kept the same tires I started with.
Yeah, the Honda SF23 tune did the trick for me. Put the anti lag on strong as he notes. The F1 type cars are challenging to drive at first as they are so different than all the other cars in the game in terms of handling. Few more reps and you’ll nail it.

My advice is whatever speed you think you should carry into the turns, go faster. Whereever you think you should begin braking, do it much later!

Last edited:
Yes , it seems they "FIX" this the PD way. When something is working good , PD do a sabotage. It's not the first time :banghead: . It's totally broken in a totally stupid way , individuals ratios don't mean anything anymore , impossible to match with the final ratio , it just a big 🤮🤮🤮. Congratulations PD :cheers:.
Sorry but i can't do anything to help , there is no way to set any custom gearbox anymore.
View attachment 1341162
Not sure if anyone else has posted this but you can get to your original by just adding 100km/h to the automatic gear settings
eg. Original gears set at 200km/h, change to 300km/h

Last edited:
Not sure if anyone else has posted this but you can get to your original by just adding 100km/h to the automatic gear settings
eg. Original gears set at 200km/h, change to 300km/h
I don't think so.
It seems that this bug only affect the 1st gear.
There is a range of preset (Top speed auto) , where you can set the 1st gear at his maxi speed value.
If you take the Genesis G70 '22 for example, 1st gear pre 1.44 = 117 kmh. Impossible to reach this speed in 1st gear after 1.44
To get the max kmh now , set Top speed auto to 450 kmh , you can reach 92kmh max in 1st gear.
If you set a lower final gear , the 1st gear kmh value would have to increase , together all the uppers gears according the final gear. But it don't change . 1st gear is limited to this kmh , no matter of the lower final gear you're setting on.

This is not a real problem for a 8 gears gearbox. Use 7 only and set 2d gear to use as a 1st if you need.

Hey praiano63,
I love your setups and use them on almost every car.

But I can't agree with you on this one.

I changed your setup a little pit and dropped the PP to 800.
It's not the best Gr.2 car as you said but i have to say it's definitely enjoyable.
I changed the suspension, Rear Downdorce at 900, Front at 551, a little bit of extra weight and reduced power.
It's a bit more slippery on corner exit than other Gr.2 cars but not definitely not that bad.

Did 2.07,900 at Spa 1h race, my best with the Honda GR.2 was about 0,600 sec faster.
Only thing is that the car is eating front tires.
Fuel consumption is also as good as other GR.2 cars.
Yes , but i'm not talking against another GR2 car , performance is matching you're right. I'm talking about 800PP . On SPA for example you can have 3 seconds less for a GR1 setted at 800P. At this PP level , GR1 is a lot faster. SPA or Sardegna .. any other place.

Lamborghini Urus '18 - 700 PP - Racing Hard Tires - All Track - 1.44

This is the faster 700PP car in Nordschleife . Perhaps only some very few Frankeinsten SWAP .... perhaps.
Easy , very fast , grippy.
I didn't use racing brakes , only pads , stock are very good and racing brake are adding a lot of PP. I prefer power.

Wide body
Rims "22 / Rim width Wide
Front part A - Side A - Rear A - Wing B

Gran Turismo® 7_20240330093656.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20240330093718.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20240330093726.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20240330093734.jpg

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.

Last edited:
Audi R8 Coupé V10 Plus '16 - 800PP - Racing Medium Tires - All Tracks - 1.44

Wide car
Rims 20" - rims width wide - Offset wide
Front B - Side B - Rear B - Wing B

Top car on SPA , just take care on technical track like Norschleife , never overdrive the car , don't do late braking sessions during you change the direction , the sanction will come immediately. Be smooth , cool and fast.

View attachment 1341476View attachment 1341477View attachment 1341478View attachment 1341479

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.

This is a ridiculously fun drive. I do love a 4wd that can also get sideways on command. So. Much. Fun.

Love the r8 and the evo 9 tune. For some reason my TME is really likes to slide with engine swap but this is with no areo. Looking forward foe the evo 6 TME tune

Toyota GR Corolla Morizo Edition '22 - 700PP - Racing Hard Tires - All Track - SWAP -1.44

SWAP ENGINE : 2JZ-GTE-Supra

Wide car
Rims size "18
Width wide

Front B
Side B
Rear St
Wing B

Short base , the car have a lot of pivot , you can let it slide out slow corners using torque distribution 40/60 , up to you.
Beware with your brake and wheel input entering medium and fast corners. It can lose rear end for the same reasons.

Gran Turismo® 7_20240330205638.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20240330205701.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20240330205708.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20240330205716.jpg

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.

Hey Praiano! Hope you are okay?
Thank you so much for all the hard work you do for us people that can’t tune (fine tune) the way you do! After using the Toyota GT-one, I was just wondering if you had a 900pp tune for the Toyota GR010 Hybrid 21’? I have tried to use the 800pp and set it to 900pp but I’m struggling with the top gear not being long enough and I think my downforce is a bit too high. If you have a 900pp tune already please could you point me in the direction of it as I can’t find it
Many thanks 🙏🏻
Keep up the hard work 😊❤️

I was watching naffantait's new video reviewing the new events and cars that just dropped with 1.44. First event he reviews is the new European ClubmanCup 600 and what do ya know? Valerio Gallo is once again up to no good, driving his car about 100-200pp faster than its supposed rating, as per freakin' usual. That guy needs to be investigated because I'm positive he's cheating!
I got in the same car and was even over 600pp and he was still right on me ... Where's a field of banana peels when you need them haha ...

Toyota GT-One (TS020) '99 - Gr2 - Maxed - Racing Soft Tires - All track - 1.44
Look like a Gr1 car but it's a Gr2 for sure. At least in GT7. In GT5 it was +900 HP , GT6 this car could reach +1100 HP , i don't know the magic they've made this time.
The original setting is showing a lot of understeer , to correct this , you need to use full front downforce and almost minimum rear downforce to balance the car.
If you want to use it at 800PP , bad news. You'll lose a lot of power for this PP because front downforce increase PP , the low rear downforce too. Forget this kind of range like TWC800. Not performant at all.
The best choice is the WTC900 using maxed settings , it's a good battle together others GR2 cars. GR1 cars at 900PP are a lot more fast . I did my best , i've spent around 8 hours trying a lot of configurations , this is the one i've enjoyed the most.

View attachment 1341192View attachment 1341193View attachment 1341194View attachment 1341195

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
I think you’ve been overly pessimistic about the potential at 800 PP. I used your suspension and differential adjustments, shortening the gear ratios and RM tires. The engine power at 800 PP was approx. 600 bhp. I lapped everyone but the second. Total time 25:10. Very consistent pace.

First of all, thank you for this thread. It's taken so many of my cars from being undrivable to absolute pleasures to drive. As someone who's been into racing in real life, it blows my mind that you've been able to set up so many cars, much less do it well!

I do have a question. Did something change on the Porsche 997 and 962c? The 1st gear on both cars is numerically higher by quite a bit than the recommended settings at the lowest it'll go. All the other gears are fine and can be adjusted accordingly. But 1st gear to 2nd is a huge jump because it won't go low enough so the car falls on its face between 1st and 2nd

Back