[PRC] PTCC Parity Touring Car Championship • Amarynceos is Champion!Finished 

• Thread starter Tijee
  • 333 comments
PTCC Official Announcement

The spokeperson of the Parity Racing Club held a press conference earlier today, announcing two major news about this first season of the PTCC:

It appears that the official test drivers recently reported an issue with the BoP, resulting in the PRC committee deciding to apply some changes to the regulations of the series. As might be expected, this provoked an outcry from the teams and manufacturers when they were told the news, and particularly from the two manufacturers most affected by these new regulations, BMW and Toyota. They stated in a press release that these last-minute changes were unacceptable, implying too much additional costs just a few days before the season start, and that the unsuccessful negotiations with the PRC left them no choice but withdraw from the PTCC. Unfortunately the representative of the PRC confirmed the information just a few hours ago: BMW and Toyota will not be part of this PTCC season.

However, he also announced that in the meantime two other manufacturers had signed contracts to enter the championship, confirming the last weeks rumors about new cars. First, Alfa Romeo will be making a comeback with the well-known 147. Second, Peugeot will build an RCZ with the hope of better results than with the old 406. The schedule is not certain for these newcomers, but these two cars may appear this Friday at the pre-season race.

alfa-thumb.jpg

Alfa Romeo 147 TI 2.0 TWIN SPARK '06

peugeot-thumb.jpg

Peugeot RCZ '10
Nice! 👍

Dangit, and I had just got my 86 dialed in really well. :D

Normally I'd opt for the Civic, but in the interests of grid diversity I'll take a Poo-joe Arr Sea Zed.

Dangit, and I had just got my 86 dialed in really well. :D

Normally I'd opt for the Civic, but in the interests of grid diversity I'll take a Poo-joe Arr Sea Zed.

Yeah sorry mate, I expected that some of you guys would be disappointed. I've done some testing and the RWD cars had a huge advantage at the race start. I'll stick to FWD for this season.

Due to a break down in final negotiations, (Clearly I do not have Mr. Hamilton's charm!) I shall no longer be racing for team VW-Racing. :(

However, thanks to the recent event with two new teams coming into the fray, I have managed to secure myself a seat in the historic racing team of club Alfa...

And shall be racing in this
r0zm2yEEs7aoJk1LxD_0.jpg

:)

(Something to do with scrapping the dregs together to get a team going ;) )

Due to a break down in final negotiations, (Clearly I do not have Mr. Hamilton's charm!) I shall no longer be racing for team VW-Racing. :(

However, thanks to the recent event with two new teams coming into the fray, I have managed to secure myself a seat in the historic racing team of club Alfa...

And shall be racing in this
View attachment 348799

:)

(Something to do with scrapping the dregs together to get a team going ;) )

Considering the very new job opportunity at VW-Racing, I may consider terminating my trial period at Ford Motorsports. :D

Last edited:
Hey guys, if there are spots open still I'd like to join. Any particular car that I should take?

Hi @twodogsgolden, there are spots open, thank you for joining the PTCC! :cheers:

The cars are listed in the first post, you are free to take the one you want. You will also need to tell me your number.

There is a test round scheduled on tomorrow at 10pm GMT, you are welcome to join! And don't forget to join the Parity Racing Club! ;)

See you on track! :)👍

I didn't really try it as I don't like much its look, but it seems that the Civic is meeting some success :)

Good all round car from my memory. Should easily be on pace, and could be a contender for the win towards the end of a race!

Very well balanced. The only issue is to get the 380hp it takes a big turbo and it is hard to put power down smoothly.

Keep in mind that you'll have to stay below (I mean slower than) the capped time so you may not need 380bhp. Tomorrow at Cape Ring South, the capped time will be 1'18.000.

Keep in mind that you'll have to stay below (I mean slower than) the capped time so you may not need 380bhp. Tomorrow at Cape Ring South, the capped time will be 1'18.000.

Noted*

Not to come in here and pick apart the rules and be difficult, but wouldn't the faster drivers benefit from being able to run 1'18s with hard tires and not having to pit as much as those running 1'18s with the softs?

I tried tweaking the Volvo a bit. Switched to harder tyres and got it down to 1:18.5 or so. Might get tenth or two off with some susp tweaks maybe... Maybe same amount with some practice around the lap :)

Might have to use ABS and TCS as well to get some kind of consistency... My laps were all over the place. But it's a fun and challenging car 👍

Noted*

Not to come in here and pick apart the rules and be difficult, but wouldn't the faster drivers benefit from being able to run 1'18s with hard tires and not having to pit as much as those running 1'18s with the softs?

The races are 50km long and the tyre wear is set to normal, so you shouldn't need to pit (although I confess that with RS it can be tricky at the end, particularly at Cape Ring where you put a lot of stress on the tyres).

Also, as stated by Cu3e, don't forget that you are allowed to use all the aids, for example TCS and ABS can help to save the tyres.

The pre-season round will take place tomorrow at 10pm GMT. Please be on time. I will tolerate a few minutes late, but please keep in mind that it will be midnight here in France, I will not wait for too long ;)👍

There will be a short warm-up session, then 10 minutes of qualifying, then two races of 15 laps each. You will have a few minutes between the two races in case you were faster than the capped time and need to adjust your setup.
  • Track: Cape Ring South, 0% wet.
  • Capped time: You must not achieve a lap faster than 1'18.000. It is better to be a few tenths slower just in case you get better during the race, than a few tenths faster because there will be time penalties (10 times your gap with the capped time).
  • Max. 380bhp
  • Min 1100kg
  • RH/RM/RS tyres
  • All available aero parts required
  • Number plate required
  • All aids allowed
  • Please do not cut corners, and respect your opponents
Important: The lobby will be open to the club members only, so please join the Parity Racing Club and sign up for the event.

Even more important: this is a game and it is about our passion for racing, so the main rule is: ENJOY and HAVE FUN! :gtpflag:

See you guys on track!

Last edited:
Also, be really....REALLY careful on the rumble strips, it's really easy to flip these cars on this track. I've done it like 3 times already trying to push the car lol.

I would like to join this championship even though it will be a Saturday 7AM start for me... I will submit a Volvo entry in honor of my dear friend @JockeP22 . Go Sverige:cheers:
I would like to use #27

Hi there @gkgamer :cheers: been a while ;)

That is kinda the reasoning why I picked the Volvo as well :D

Ah... The timezones... :banghead: It is 1am for me. Thought it would be one hour earlier...

I'll try to join the test session but might not make it every race of the season :indiff:

I just realized that I forgot something about the rules!

If you get under the capped time during the qualifying session, you will keep the position that the game granted you as we cannot change the grid order manually. However, in order to be fair, you will get penalties as if it was a race lap, it will be added to your time at the end of the first race. The second race will not be affected.

See you on track :)👍

Latest Posts

Back