• Thread starter et_
  • 16 comments

et_

(Banned)
Sweden
erazer13
elias_johansson
3 dt 1.jpg

*thanks to GRANKUSTOM for the picture.:)

Rankings Registration:
28/08/2014 – 11/09/2014, 3:00 GMT/UTC
Period of Availability: 28/08/2014 – 25/09/2014, 3:00 GMT/UTC

Eligible Cars:
Categories: Normal Car.
Year: 1979 or Earlier

Entry Requirements:
PP: No limit.
Tyres: Sports Hard or less.
Nitrous: Allowed.

Prizes:
Gold: Cr.55,000
Silver: Cr.30,000
Bronze: Cr.15,000

Gift(s):
Gold: GT JAPANESE 004-W paint chip. (previously GT OLD GENARATION 004-W, PD changed the reward.)

Target Score:
Gold: 6,200
Silver: 5,000
Bronze: 3,800

TC, ASM & SRF are forced OFF (grayed out) in Driving Options menu.

Course Conditions:
Track: Ascari Full Track
Track Length: 5,425 m
Time of day: 15:00
Precipitation: 0%

Tunes:

Nissan SKYLINE 2000GT-R (KPGC110) '73 - shmogt

Toyota 2000GT '67 - shaunm80

Toyota 2000GT '67 - feydrautha

Nissan BLUEBIRD Hardtop 1800SSS (910) '79 - @nick77 ("on the budget" tune")

Please post links for applicable tunes so I can update OP.

Last edited:
Used this nice tune from @feydrautha of Arrakis Speed Shop. A nice little Toyota 2000GT managed to get me gold on my first try. A few more attempts later, I scored in the 11,000s range and put me up in 24th. I also looked in the rankings and recognized our very own @shmogt in 21st using his 1973 Skyline 2000GT-R. He's one of my go-to tuners and I know he sets cars up well, especially his drift cars. (The reason I used the Toyota is mostly because I already had one in my garage.)

Happy drifting! Watch out for that banked turn on Section 6: it's a little tricky!

used the dome zero concept`78 scored 16928 after a couple runs
here is the ranking from the last event with pre 1980 Japanese cars
Well since FWD handbrake weaving does not work in GT6, that would suggest that the Dome Zero is the car to go for. However I have a good feeling about the RX500 for some reason (its the most powerfull car allowed):P

The RX500 is the fastest pre-1980 Japanese car indeed, followed by the Dome-Zero and lastly the Nissan 240Z.

RX500 fully tuned
497 hp / 9,000 rpm
291 ft-lb / 8,500 rpm
763 kg (1,682 lbs)
590 PP

My best so far is 10,781 after 10-20 tries.

The key is to get more than 2k after the first 2 sectors. If you don't, might as well hit retry.

Last edited:
Used this nice tune from @feydrautha of Arrakis Speed Shop. A nice little Toyota 2000GT managed to get me gold on my first try. A few more attempts later, I scored in the 11,000s range and put me up in 24th. I also looked in the rankings and recognized our very own @shmogt in 21st using his 1973 Skyline 2000GT-R. He's one of my go-to tuners and I know he sets cars up well, especially his drift cars. (The reason I used the Toyota is mostly because I already had one in my garage.)

Happy drifting! Watch out for that banked turn on Section 6: it's a little tricky!
lol damnit I fell so much since last night. I was in the top 10 last time I checked. I am 100% positive that the tune can get the top spot it just needs a better driver than me. Some corners I would get 2,000 points on and the next run only get 600 because of small mistakes. A perfect run should be easy top spot.

This is CRAPP:banghead::banghead::banghead:
PD changes paintchips after people win the old ones? Now what?
Just checked in the game, and indeed, they changed them.

👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎 PD👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎
NOT COOL!!!

For any masochists out there, it is possible to get gold with the Subaru 360, takes a bit of practice :lol:.

I had a run in Isuzu 117 with track tune, but it wasn't so easy - for around 8000. If I get chance, I'll try with a better car, I should see 10K without too much trouble.

Ranked 370th with a 12,387 using a '73 Skyline tuned for 440PP CS classic car racing on CH and only brake balancechanged from the track tune (changed from 5/3 to 0/8). I'm content. My goal was to get the paintchip without spending anything and the '73 was the only approved car with any upgrades--it just happened to have CH tires as well since that seemed to be the most realistic tire for the stock car.
Funny enough I have a stock DOME-ZERO but opted out when I'm sure the vast majority of people bought it specifically for the event.

Have been giving these drift events a more proper go lately, I am kind of new and quite average at drifting but am totally enjoying it with each new event. Always fun to see the crazy car choices for drifting, tried the RX500 and Dome but struggled to string together consistent points. Then used the Cosmo Sport '68 for about 12 200 points. Will try some other oldies as well. It's a shame that more people don't do these drift events, they are a lot of fun.

Decided to do this one as cheaply as possible - normally I would have a car but didn't have any rubbish pre 1980 Japanese cars, so brought the cheapest one:

Ascari Full Track_2.jpg
Nissan Bluebird Hardtop 1800SSS (910) '79

Reckon to have spent around 60K including the car and got 8500 and Gold on my first run with it.

Tune was:
Comfort Medium front tyres
Comfort Hard rear tyres

Suspension
95/95
9.90/6.56
9/9
10/10
1/1
10.0/10.0
-1.00/-1.00

Brakes 0/10

LSD

High RPM Turbo Kit

Active Steering - off

Another one for the stockyard!​

Last edited:
For any masochists out there, it is possible to get gold with the Subaru 360, takes a bit of practice :lol:.

I had a run in Isuzu 117 with track tune, but it wasn't so easy - for around 8000. If I get chance, I'll try with a better car, I should see 10K without too much trouble.

In a stock or tuned one and stock tyres too?

I got gold using stock , non oil changed Isuzu 117COUPÉ '68 on (stock) Comfort Soft tyres. :sly:

In a stock or tuned one and stock tyres too?

I got gold using stock , non oil changed Isuzu 117COUPÉ '68 on (stock) Comfort Soft tyres. :sly:

The 360 was full tune of course! I don't think it can spin the wheels in stock form :lol:.

Good going with soft tyres on the Isuzu. I spent so much time trying to tune out the loose back end that it was a bit hard to drift nicely.

Does anyone have a good setup for the DOME ZERO?

edit. Guessed my way to a tune, I dont think it's really any good, considering I don't know what I'm doing when it comes to drift setups. Anyway I did get 17,498pts which is decent.:)

Last edited:
Back