pre- or post-1.12 physics: Which do you prefer?

Which physics do you prefer?

• pre-1.12 update

• post-1.12 update

Results are only viewable after voting.

Skygrasper550

Back and forth between gaming and Gunpla
Premium
Philippines
Philippines
skygrasper_550--
Couldn't find any thread or poll similar to this one, so here it goes...

As we all know, GT6 updates contain fixes and changes which, for whatever reason, the PD devs neglect to tell us about it. These are what we call "Undocumented Changes", and each update has their own thread for it (I'm not gonna put up links in here since there are a lot of them). Among these undocumented changes, one of them has made a ginormous (giant + enormous) impact on the game. It came in the 1.12 update (the update that featured the Toyota FT-1 Vision Gran Turismo), which is the major physics change. It's too hard to not notice it; all the cars in the game behaved differently, and tuning them requires your tuning know-how to be totally revamped. Long story short, A LOT of people complained about it, even going so far as to say that the physics are "ruined". And this is my opinion, but I agree with them. The physics have indeed, gone worse. But I'm not so sure, because there might be people around who say that they are more comfortable with the physics "update". So that is the reason this poll exists. Which do you prefer, the pre-1.12 physics or the updated physics caused by the 1.12 update?

As we all know, GT6 updates contain fixes and changes which, for whatever reason, the PD devs neglect to tell us about it. These are what we call "Undocumented Changes", and each update has their own thread for it (I'm not gonna put up links in here since there are a lot of them). Among these undocumented changes, one of them has made a ginormous (giant + enormous) impact on the game. It came in the 1.12 update (the update that featured the Toyota FT-1 Vision Gran Turismo), which is the major physics change. It's too hard to not notice it; all the cars in the game behaved differently, and tuning them requires your tuning know-how to be totally revamped. Long story short, A LOT of people complained about it, even going so far as to say that the physics are "ruined". And this is my opinion, but I agree with them. The physics have indeed, gone worse. But I'm not so sure, because there might be people around who say that they are more comfortable with the physics "update". So that is the reason this poll exists. Which do you prefer, the pre-1.12 physics or the updated physics caused by the 1.12 update?
There was a force feedback change in 1.12, but I do not recall any discussion of physics changes.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/update-1-12-1-13-undocumented-changes-thread.316999/

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/the-update-1-12-discussion-thread-believe-the-hype.316935/

I thought it was 1.09, along with the stock setup changes. I could be wrong though.

The bolded part confuses me :( I didn't know that a lot people complained back then ...

1.16 made me change some of the cars I built ( usually ARB and damper ), but 1.12, I don't really know what changes if there ever were, as I stuck on 1.09 for awhile and updated to 1.15 when it came out.

They handling of some cars has been difficult from the beginning of the game. Some of the cars are just generally really snap over steer at low speeds and then understeer at high speed which is odd, its much the same story now as then. Camber still is best generally at 0, and ride height is still generally better higher rather than lower.

Force feedback on the single seaters is now weaker, I use 10 10 on the RED BULL standard and 8-10 on the other single seat cars like LMP, Lotus 97, etc. I think the veering on the straights and having to hang onto the wheel was the reason they did that. But it was better before they toned down the veering.

There is also a strange dead spot I'd say in some cars, the cars feel like their disconnected from the wheel sometimes. :odd:

I just wish they fixed the handling of Huayra which is unfairly to it...

Other than that, after all that have being changed in physics and ff, my only complaint is about some cars being better (more grippy) than in real life as Ford GT or MP4-12C for example which matches McLaren F1 in Midfield which imo is impossible having so much more weight and not so great downforce with F1 being sucked to ground having venturi effect type of aero underneath.

I suspect maybe the OP was unaware of the impact of the FFB changes from 1.12 and confused that with changes to the physics.

I suspect maybe the OP was unaware of the impact of the FFB changes from 1.12 and confused that with changes to the physics.

I'm aware about the FFB change and the settings that allowed you to change the FFB, that came with the 1.12 update. But isn't that also where the physics changed? And also when the stock setups of the cars changed? Before we had 0.0 / 0.0 for Camber and 0.00 / 0.20 for Toe, now we have 0.5 / 1.5 for Camber and 0.00 / 0.60 for Toe. Please do correct me if that was in another update.

Back