The Update 1.12 Discussion Thread: Believe the Hype

United States
Indiana
DSkywalker01
So, the sun is rising and the coffee is brewing in the PDI offices in Japan.

Last Friday, Nissan leaked the update, and then the update did not come out.

Then this post was made on the Sony GT6 boards, by a member who is allegedly close to PDI, that 1.12 is aiming for a 'late Monday release'

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Gran-Turismo-Series-General/Sierra-track/td-p/44427126/page/4

The update is supposed to contain:

Sierra Circuit
Sierra Time Rally Special Event
2014 NISMO GT-R
Toyota FT-1 GT Vision Gran Turismo
Toyota FT-1 Graphite
Quick Match
A new dash instrument

So, another week dawns. Will this "insider" be right? Will Kaz troll us again? Will jimmies be rustled?

Let's find out. Post any relevant infos about the possible Monday release of 1.12 here!

Last edited:
So, the sun is rising and the coffee is brewing in the PDI offices in Japan.

Last Friday, Nissan leaked the update, and then the update did not come out.

Then this post was made on the Sony GT6 boards, by a member who is allegedly close to PDI, that 1.12 is aiming for a 'late Monday release'

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Gran-Turismo-Series-General/Sierra-track/td-p/44427126/page/4

The update is supposed to contain:

Sierra Circuit
Rally Sierra Special Event
2014 NISMO GT-R
Toyota FT-1 GT Vision Gran Turismo
Toyota FT-1 Graphite
Quick Match
A new dash instrument

So, another week dawns. Will this "insider" be right? Will Kaz troll us again? Will jimmies be rustled

Let's find out. Post any relevant infos about the possible Monday release of 1.12 here!
Don't forget shuffle racing might not be listed but we need it,we really need it back.

Guaranteed nobody will have relevant patch info until the patch is already out.
Exactly. The only person who knows when it will come out or what's on it is Kaz himself. I remember last week someone watched the stream of the new track and said that it was supposed to be released by today. Well he was dead wrong on that one. :grumpy:

Jump on lads...

All-Aboard-for-the-Pakistani-Express.jpg

Exactly. The only person who knows when it will come out or what's on it is Kaz himself. I remember last week someone watched the stream of the new track and said that it was supposed to be released by today. Well he was dead wrong on that one. :grumpy:

Honestly I'd be pretty surprised if even Kaz knew. People forget he's probably not as involved in the whole process as everyone seems to think. I bet Kaz has to go in on Monday and ask his lead designers what time they think they'll be done everything and chances are they'll have to ask their team members what time they'll be done. Nobody knows until it's absolutely finished and out the door and somebody looks at their watch.

what's a "new dash instrument"?

From what I've heard it's an instrumentation option, so I'd guess it has something to do with the layout of the instruments or something like that. I don't think there's any more useful instruments to add, really.

Edit: Also, I wouldn't trust this source very much. All of the details are known from before, the only thing new here is the date, and anyone can come up with a date and claim that it's from a reliable source...

Not buying a ticket for the train at the moment, but if it was going to release tomorrow, that would be great for me since I actually have a couple of days off work! :D

In the stream we could see how the player starts racing after the countdown similar to that of Goodwood's Hillclimb, with a guy standing in front of your car.

The countdown finishes, he takes off, and he starts overtaking AI vehicles after some times, with some distinctive sound playing when he passes them.

I remember this sort of thing from GT5, I think it was in that AMG Academy thingie. Full Nurburgring lap time trial or something, there definitely were AI cars in that one, but they weren't counted as your opponents...

Do you guys think we may face some new challenges like that soon?

Honestly I'd be pretty surprised if even Kaz knew. People forget he's probably not as involved in the whole process as everyone seems to think. I bet Kaz has to go in on Monday and ask his lead designers what time they think they'll be done everything and chances are they'll have to ask their team members what time they'll be done. Nobody knows until it's absolutely finished and out the door and somebody looks at their watch.
You're probably right man. He doesn't sit in a chair and yells at PD saying 'Hurry up we have to meet this deadline otherwise there will be riots outside our offices tomorrow.' If he did that, maybe 1.12 would come tomorrow? Well, guess we'll find out won't we?

These threads get locked for a reason. Simple as that. Nobody outside of those responsible for pending updates has any insight whatsoever into when they will be released and what they will contain unless those responsible provide information in the form of a press release, and then it's up to them to stick to the schedule and content advertised. If they truly are as delayed as people are inclined to believe, perhaps another press release is in order. No press release, no confirmation...and no need for these cursed speculative threads that offer no information at all.

So not Monday? haha
I'll bet that every day the update isn't released that everyone is going to say It'll come out the next day (If it's not released tomorrow then it'll come out Tuesday. If it doesn't come Tuesday then it will be Wednesday etc etc).

Back