Pre-release GT5:Prologue Thread Firmware 2.17 mandatory for GT5:P? (and Pictures)

• Thread starter amar212
  • 3,239 comments
Yeah, I think the Pikes Peak Hill Climb was the only real-life event in all their rally stuff.

Honestly if they gave up on rally I would be happy just playing DiRT for my rally fix.

I doubt they will suddenly stop doing that after it was in past games. Although it may not be in Prologue.

I remember the sparks in GT3, ¿but in gt4?

I remember the sparks in GT3, ¿but in gt4?
You don't drive Costa Di Amalfi much do you?

Just lower a race car all the way and drive down the Mulsanne Straight fast. Watch the replay and tell me if you see any sparks.

Answer: Yes.

I like the rally events, never played 4 but didn't they have snow races on that

Yes they did...however I feel that rally became a lot more difficult in GT4 compared to 3...It's been awhile, but to me if felt like the dirt tracks almost felt like snow, and the snow tracks were really reaallly difficult to drive on for me at least...so i didn't do much.

I'd love to see some rally cars in prologue with one rally track....but i know it's prologue and PD has to save something for the whole GT5.

Yes they did...however I feel that rally became a lot more difficult in GT4 compared to 3...It's been awhile, but to me if felt like the dirt tracks almost felt like snow, and the snow tracks were really reaallly difficult to drive on for me at least...so i didn't do much.

I'd love to see some rally cars in prologue with one rally track....but i know it's prologue and PD has to save something for the whole GT5.

i personally loved the snow and ice track in gt4!!...it just takes a completaly diff driving technique to controll your car...and if you master that the fun and slides are endless.....:)

I sure hope that there will still be Rally events in GT5.I thought it came up in an interview a while ago that Pikes Peak would make it to GT5 :D

This thread is now 154 pages long. Now that we have an "official" GT5 Prologue board, I see no need for this thread to be the end all be all "official" thread.

Why you ask? Because, we were given a firmware update yesterday. I am looking for information specifically about the firmware update. Which SHOULD be the discussion in the last couple of posts. But because this thread has become so cluttered with everything under the sun related to Prologue, it is no longer a useful resource. I am not going to sift through 154 pages of clutter to extract information that SHOULD be posted in it's own thread. Instead of getting the information related to the firmware update (as teased by the thread's author), I see chatter about sparks and crap.

The "OFFICIAL" designation of this thread should be removed.

I appreciate the author's attention to detail and attentiveness in treating his thread with care. But, it has gone WAY OFF TOPIC. I highly suggest this thread author take over the "Translations Thread" (as the original author has allowed images to expire) and the Blacklist Thread, as that thread's author has no clue how to update it and keep a running list at the front.

Thanks

This thread is now 154 pages long. Now that we have an "official" GT5 Prologue board, I see no need for this thread to be the end all be all "official" thread.

Why you ask? Because, we were given a firmware update yesterday. I am looking for information specifically about the firmware update. Which SHOULD be the discussion in the last couple of posts. But because this thread has become so cluttered with everything under the sun related to Prologue, it is no longer a useful resource. I am not going to sift through 154 pages of clutter to extract information that SHOULD be posted in it's own thread. Instead of getting the information related to the firmware update (as teased by the thread's author), I see chatter about sparks and crap.

The "OFFICIAL" designation of this thread should be removed.

I appreciate the author's attention to detail and attentiveness in treating his thread with care. But, it has gone WAY OFF TOPIC. I highly suggest this thread author take over the "Translations Thread" (as the original author has allowed images to expire) and the Blacklist Thread, as that thread's author has no clue how to update it and keep a running list at the front.

Thanks

You don't have to read it all.

Why you ask? Because, we were given a firmware update yesterday. I am looking for information specifically about the firmware update. Which SHOULD be the discussion in the last couple of posts. But because this thread has become so cluttered with everything under the sun related to Prologue, it is no longer a useful resource.
All major announcements are updated on the first post and non-GT5:P details are being discussed in the PS3 System Update thread.

Dang, just ask man!

On topic: I really loved Chamonix and Grand Canyon, but besides that I hated rally in GT4. It was to slippy!
But I would still like to see rally in GT5 or as an update to prologue

I like it when occasional threads wander off topic and are left to evolve, gives a feel for the community on here. Change the title to General GT5p info and let it wander on till it starts going in circles and then put it down like a rabid mouse.........oh yeah updates out....

I think about the drifting in GTHD and GT5P, then think about some of the drifting on the streets of London. I really tend to think of Project Gotham Racing with the drifting on city streets. Most of you know what I have great respect for the Project Gotham Racing series. I've played demos of PGR2 and PGR3 in my past. Just the drifting on city streets really remind me over and over again of Project Gotham. Is that a bad thing? No. I actually think the PGR series is great fun. I also think that those who like PGR and found some of the action in this game will probably enjoy the racing (and drifting). Just don't ask me to do switchbacks because I'm not very good with switchbacks in drifting.

I somewhat forgot what those 3D backgrounds just showing the car in some outside environment are called, but I thought of something. Remember last year's E3 video when the Motul Pitwork Nismo 350Z was cycling through those different environments? This little forest background I'm seeing in pictures reminds me a great deal of the forest that Nismo 350Z race car was zooming through. I really sort of fear this forest is really some wall rather than some immersive 3D background. Perhaps we can see some cars in that urban environment at night as a garage or background? I personally love urban environments as well as tropical environments. I'm guessing we'll see a beautiful city at night with some hot cars being shown. Perhaps we may see a lot more dazzling environments for these lovely cars in the future. I still envision what would be a great Houston environment. For me, it may be on the roof level of a parking garage at the Houston Galleria shopping mall at night under twilight. It's still a wet dream for me, but I'm not hatin' dawg! ^_^

I want to thank cudadude2 for Post #3,035 for some awesome pictures. One of the pictures shown a black Lancer with the GT wing at the back. I still think back to the guy saying "the same crap rear wing." Well for a guy who grew up with cars with the tuner scene, I'm not offended at all seeing it on the car. I see a TVR, and I think about my GTP friend Dave A. How you like these TVR Tamora pictures?

This is a reoccuring theme from waiting for the GT4- pictures that make us want to play the latest GT sooner than later. I'm going to closely follow this Tuned Car deal with some cars. Perhaps this could be a sign that we could modify cars to either our own tuned rides or even complete race cars. Maybe we could see the return of some series like the (I'm talking to you GT veterans) Hard Tuned Cup in which you raced against hard-tuned cars in a five-race series. But that was you against five other cars. Imagine racing against ten more hard-tuned cars! Speculate to your heart's content.

4123.jpg
:drool:

I can't help but wonder if we'll be able to tweak the interior somewhat as well. Possibly add gauges and such.

This pic makes me want the Fujiwara AE86 in GT5 more than ever .

Nothing wrong with letting a thread wander. But, eee gadz man, this thread is 155 pages deep!
Think of it as the official Prologue discussion thread.

If you really want it all truly official, kept clean and concise click on the news tab at the top. Jordan has been killing himself keeping that thing up to date, so show him some respect and use it.

I admit, this has become kind of a fanboy love thread, but as long as both the first post and Jordan's News page has everything important and official easily located I don't see it as a problem.

I see a TVR, and I think about my GTP friend Dave A. How you like these TVR Tamora pictures?
Well picked out John 👍, they're very nice. Actually the Tamora is the least favourite of the modern TVR's, I'm not sure why but I always put it last. It's still a beaut though and I can't wait to get behind the wheel in GT5:P.

Well it looks like my fav R34 is gonna be in GT5P:

I hope they get it as amazing as it seems in real life! I guess you've seen the Best Motoring clip with it, if so you know the sound of the engine in that thing is just awsome!!! :crazy:

I love the Mine's R34 too, but with 9 Skylines in GT5P I'd gladly trade it for some more variation.

I'd actually love to see full blown racing cars instead of "tuned" cars. C6.R in BBV livery I'm looking at you!
bbv_c6r_5.jpg

I love the Mine's R34 too, but with 9 Skylines in GT5P I'd gladly trade it for some more variation.

I'd actually love to see full blown racing cars instead of "tuned" cars. C6.R in BBV livery I'm looking at you!
bbv_c6r_5.jpg

Guys, I know you guys are excited, But this isn't the Car Wishlist so don't carried away.

Back