Pre-release GT5:Prologue Thread Firmware 2.17 mandatory for GT5:P? (and Pictures)

• Thread starter amar212
  • 3,239 comments
If they announce Indianapolis I will pronounce Gran Turismo 5 god of racing games then I will die. ;)

What makes announcements like Daytona so stunning is that you would never expect GT to include it in a million years. Daytona is a NASCAR track, and you would think PD wouldn't care to try and get the license for an oval NASCAR track that already has games that feature it. Same goes with Indy. You'd expect them to announce Spa, Brand Hatch etc but one of America's premier ovals? If you'd ask me beforehand what chance I thought Daytona had of being in GT5 I would have probably said 1%.

And as someone whos raced the Daytona oval online virtually hundreds of times I can tell you nothing beats the racing there. All the cars get stuck in one huge pack and 3-wide racing is not uncommon. Here's a pic of a typical online Daytona Race

And you should expect a game of GT5's calibur to take a long time to create. PS3 games are what, 50x more detailed than PS2 games, so its only natural to expect longer development times now and more delays.

gt5kz4.jpg

The new hub looks interesting, the second icons is a G-meters, but do you have any idea of what the 1st, the 3rd and the last icon are ?

I would rather have a G meter like the one they use during F1 broadcasting:

wmplayer200709141332269ah5.jpg

Much better than just the sideway G's :)

(i always turned it off in GT4)

The only thing I want to know, if it's possible of using a 3-screen-setup in GT5P. Think about it; cockpit view with a left and right view => peripheral, (peripheric) view.

Tantalising glimpse of the London city track, there... 👍

If the game were truly realistic, however, you'd have to pay 10 Cr. just for entering the city centre. DAMN YOU RED KEN! :irked:

HAHAHAHA! That timeline edit is priceless!! :lol:👍
Ditto! :lol: +rep to MGR for that 👍 I have a new wallpaper for Friday afternoon!

Once again, great find amar 👍

Daytona footage is impressive. Never been a fan of city centre street circuits, i could think of a dozen better venues for a UK GT track.

Why doesn't amar have a 'quality posts' tag yet? - come on guys, his contributions are priceless!!!

muahahahaa I love The Office! Dwight is so freakin hilarious, specially with the aformentioned Schrute Bucks!

holy smoly, the pics look great. the in-car looks awesome with the viper. glad to see they cleared up the mirror. keep up the good work PD.

So only 4 tracks were supposed to be in the "demo" right? (yes Im calling it a demo; move on). Have they already announced Eiger Nordwand as an available course or has that just been widely assumed? If yes then I guess Ill be waiting a little longer for Indy and Brands Hatch (they put those 2 on the map for a reason; hopefully PD wasnt screwing with me).

by toyota_gt1 "Eiger Nordwand has been announced for the full gt5p game"

:grumpy: I see what you did there :grumpy:

So only 4 tracks were supposed to be in the "demo" right? (yes Im calling it a demo; move on). Have they already announced Eiger Nordwand as an available course or has that just been widely assumed? If yes then I guess Ill be waiting a little longer for Indy and Brands Hatch (they put those 2 on the map for a reason; hopefully PD wasnt screwing with me).

Eiger Nordwand has been announced for the full gt5p game. however for the "demo of a demo", im not sure.

one question i have is that will daytona be in the demo, gt5p, both or up for download.

Well the nice thing about this "demo of a demo" is that it will be easy to get even if GT5P isnt released in NA. All you need is an account for a country that does get the demo. Even if PD is silly enough to show us NA'ers all these sexy videos and screens of a game that won't be released here then all you have to do if you really want it is get a credit card that will work in other countries. If you want the game that bad it's worth it by far.

I'm concerned a bit about Daytona, it seems PD doesn't have a clue how to model ovals properly, you cannot drive on the apron like that! And going from the banking to the apron in the middle of a turn will upset the car to the point where it will bottom out and spin out!

Online racing at Daytona will stink if everybody is driving on the apron! PD fix this!

I don't see how many road cars could bottom out, a race car built for road racing sure, but a Dodge Viper has plenty of ground clearance by comparison. Also, it's not like he was doing it at some super speeds, he was doing about 130mph.

Every serious GT'er knows from GT3 and GT4 on Test Course that the fastest line is the realistic "groove" higher up on the banking. He's a just an idiot who doesn't know the basics of racing theory, you could see the AI pass him left and right. (or maybe just left...)

I doubt these online morons will be of any threat, unless they drive the course backwards. That's what online racing leagues are for!

by toyota_gt1 "Eiger Nordwand has been announced for the full gt5p game"

:grumpy: I see what you did there :grumpy:
He isn't trying to call you out on eth demo thing because there is going to be GT5:P in December but an offcial demo in October. So by saying "the full GT5:P" game he is referring to Prologue in December and not the demo in October. At this point it is just easier to call one Prologue and one a demo because the demo demo just sounds and looks weird.

Why is it that every time they show a new video of someone playing the game that they manage to pick the worst driver imaginable.
lol, I asked the same thing when I saw the videos from Leipzig. Ironically, when it showed Kaz driving at the GC, he was a whole lot better then these people. I swear he and Holl01 need to show these dudes how its done:sly:

A question for our London-based members: does anyone actually recognise the part of London in the video?
Yes, approx. 2 seconds before the end of Amar212's video, you can see the exact spot where I dropped a Spring Roll recently purchased from a take-away in Gerrard Street... (the 10-second rule applied, of course :P )

Why is it that every time they show a new video of someone playing the game that they manage to pick the worst driver imaginable.

If you think those drivers are bad, you should see some of my races with the control pad.:yuck::lol: I'd make them look like pro drivers.

Back