Pre-release GT5:Prologue Thread Firmware 2.17 mandatory for GT5:P? (and Pictures)

• Thread starter amar212
  • 3,239 comments
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the latest firmware only needed for online play? And not just prologue, I think every ps3 game played online needs the latest firmware.

Well, you see I don't have broadband internet at my house only dial-up and I don't play games online. Thanks legroom for the suggestion but I don't have a flashdrive and broadand to download it at my home. :) So FW 2.17 is a certainy then huh?

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the latest firmware only needed for online play? And not just prologue, I think every ps3 game played online needs the latest firmware.
It is for online stability of games, but a notice went out telling everyone to install it before playing Prologue.

Well, you see I don't have broadband internet at my house only dial-up and I don't play games online. Thanks legroom for the suggestion but I don't have a flashdrive and broadand to download it at my home. :) So FW 2.17 is a certainy then huh?
You should look at getting a USB thumb drive. You can get a 2gb one on sale for $20 or less. Then you can move stuff from your PC to your PS3 and stuff all the time.

Yes that. I died once I seen the F1 pics

Any clue on his second update?
He only promised us the one. He ended his update with he wanted to go back so he can drive that Ferrari F1 as soon as possible.

A few days maybe?

Since the F1 car is in the PAL version (And hopefully NTSC), I wonder if NTSC has any surprises too! I sure hope so...

If the Ferrari F2007 isn't in other regional versions of GT5P, will it dilute your interest in playing GT5P for the region you're playing it in?

Nope, it's still Gran Turismo but I'm pretty sure it's also in the NTSC version... (And if it isn't, it's good I'm in the PAL region)

If anyone in the UK is going to play.com live this weekend, i will buy them a pint (for real) if they manage to get their mitts on the F2007s steering wheel! :lol:

Think you're up to the challenge? hehe

If the Ferrari F2007 isn't in other regional versions of GT5P, will it dilute your interest in playing GT5P for the region you're playing it in?
Honestly, my main interest in racing lies in the 200-350hp band. That's not to say that I'm not anxious to get my hands on the Ferrari F1, but that I'm more interested in cars like the 355 Challenge or F40. And the GT-R, that's one sweet car.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/player/nol/newsid_4970000/newsid_4977500/4977542.stm?bw=bb&mp=wm&news=1&ms3=6&ms_javascript=true&nol_storyid=4977542&bbcws=2

The BBCs Click programme which is a small consumer entertainments series has a small preview of GT5P in it. The games section starts at exactly 10minutes into the programme, lasts for about a minute and is quite generic.i would recommend watching the whole episode as it's a well put together show!

It's a short bit of clips we've almost all seen before, but we're all chomping at the bit for Prologue now so any hit of GT at all is a good one eh?! :P

Thanks for the link, I wonder where he got the top gear track in GT5P info from? I hope he is not confusing with the full version, and it is included in GT5P.

Things get more interesting when some interesting tidbits on Gran Turismo are revealed to the general public-at-large. This is no different. Here we were not getting much in the way of updates until the bombshell announcements in (the other thread). It's still just unreal reading the news on GT5P.

GOD DAMM I'M GOOD!

Pages and pages ago, i theorised that with Sony sponsoring ITVs F1 coverage this year that we would see an advert (commercial to our US friends) for GT5P mid race.

I was right. 2nd adbreak of of the race (4-6 break in the coverage) was a nice load of new footage of GT5P!

It showed many of the cars we've been looking at for ages (F430 etc) and a lot of in cockpit scenes too and really touted the online features. Gradually full screen shots tiled up on the screen and zoomed out to create the GT logo in a mosaic fashion.It finished with a shot of the GT5P/PS3 bundle.

For those of you in the UK who haven't watched the race this morning, watch the re-run this afternoon and see if it's on again. If anyones Sky+'ed it and can get it onto youtube at all, that would be brilliant.

legroom, your prediction was made on the 9th of march, mine was made on the 6th. bow down to your master of predictions.:bowdown:

seriously though the advert looks class and unlike many ads for games it has the words " REAL GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE " which will blow the casual gamer away, and make the hardcore take note.

Latest Posts

Back