Pre-Season Trials Weekend

• Thread starter AJ
  • 176 comments
I'm struggling quite a bit around GT Arena, getting lots of understeer in the second half of the lap in particular (DS3).

Best is a 28.0

UCNr3CIohtyktBNeE_0.jpg

A tougher heat this time, faster competitors and a tighter circuit.

Pre-Race:
Once I got the gearing set I didn't really make any gains and hovered around the 28.0 range. Tried a few brake balance settings but couldn't get the kart rotating properly around sector 2.​

Qualifying:
Did a somewhat decent lap given my pre-race practice times but was still far down the field.

9th

Race:
_ktz_ false-started in front of me which have me P8 and I spent the first few laps trying to catch and pass jomontoya. Ultimately his pace allowed him to pull away and _ktz_ regained his spot soon after.

I then spent multiple laps defending from @Chrisw265 before the leaders started lapping us. At one point he makes a dive down the inside of Turn 4 and gets by. Given how fragile the karts were around this circuit I took some front left damage. I tried getting back past but once he pulled away my position was sealed.

10th

I then spent multiple laps defending from @Chrisw265 before the leaders started lapping us​

I probably spent 4 laps just entirely on your back tires. After watching the replay, I do have to apologise. I had a big run and thought, "I have to make something happen here, I can't afford to lose this momentum," so I just dove in hard. I wasn't even thinking and honestly didn't realize I hit you. I meant to get past you, but not make contact and cause damage. Sorry about that, entirely my fault. :ill:

It was really good defensive racing on your part though! To be fair, it had to only be a matter of time, and at least I was the only one that got by you. I really do hope we can race again. Maybe next time you'll be pushing me out of the way for revenge.

AJ
Lobby crashed just as I took a photo at the end of the race, so lucky I have the results form Heat 4. ;)

This happened again in the final corner of Heat 23. Again I got a photo.

AJ
This happened again in the final corner of Heat 23. Again I got a photo.
Does it show kolio123 as first place, and msgt-sd as second?

I can't figure out the gearing on these things. Fastest I ran was a 57.2xx. :dunce:

AJ
I am going to put it down as a Dead Heat for you and @msgt-sd, I think that is the fairest thing to do given your race long battle.
Sounds good to me. What exactly does that mean though? :)

AJ
Entry Lists

- These have now be updated for both days.
- Please note the major changes to Sunday.

My heat was on Sunday at 22:00 utc I have no idea what that is EST without Googling it. Can you please advise? No lobby up and it's 22:09 EST my number is 331 and handle is CivilSavage

My heat was on Sunday at 22:00 utc I have no idea what that is EST without Googling it. Can you please advise? No lobby up and it's 22:09 EST my number is 331 and handle is CivilSavage
You should have google it.

The time has passed. I do not think there will be anymore trial races.

Dang. That's what the heat .pdf read yesterday without a utc conversion just 22:00 for NA...

I'm sorry that you missed your heat. Next time, you should google 22:00 UTC to EDT. (or EST when we stop being under Daylight Savings.) (Obviously replacing 22:00 with your heat time if it's different.) It will tell you right on the page.

@kolio123 "Dead Heat" means "Draw" or "Tie". In other words, you both will be awarded 1st Place. Due too two drivers being awarded 1st Place, I will still be awarded 3rd Place, not 2nd.

Last edited:

http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/ add it to your favorites and never miss a race again. Id also like to say a big thanks for everyone making this series possible, keep up the good work.

Results

- Full Results for both UK and NA Trials have now been published.
- Please check the Noticeboard for announcements regarding the Regular Season and Class Allocation/Seedings.
- Points were scored as follows;

Fastest Lap - The driver with the slowest Lap scored 1 Point. Each subsequent driver scored 1 Point more then the Driver behind them.

Heats - The Driver who finished last in each Heat scored 1 Point. Each subsequent driver scored 1 Point more then the driver behind them. Heat winners scored 2x Points.

Penalties - Drivers who were issued with a warning received a -5 Point penalty. Drivers who were issued with a warning received a penalty received a -10 Point penalty.

uff, didnt thought of being promoted into KZ1 class :eek::bowdown: i was sure(due to my results) that i will be in the slowest class, but, wow :embarrassed::scared::bowdown::cheers: will try to do my best to improve my skills for Karts..

Also surprised with my placement, but hey, not going to question it! :D

Back