Preferred cars?

• Thread starter John G
  • 84 comments
The 2013 V12 Vantage is my pick. Love that V12 engine note.

I also love this car, it's planted to the ground and you can floor it no problem, she always behaves.

Sound wise I maybe prefer the 2019 but compared to the 2013, she's a lot more nervous when accelerating out of corners, at least with the default aggressive setup. I yet have to try messing around with setups in this game.

Make sure you’re running the correct steering degrees by car before judging.

The Porsche is horrible with 540*, but lovely with 800*, for example. The Ferrari feels great out of the box as it’s steering degrees are pretty close to the standard 540.

Interesting I started my career and chose Porsche which turns out is impossible to drive! I am fine with all the other cars.

Thanks for the tip, will try it later and hopefully means I wont have to restart and go through the Lamborghini test all over again

Edit: Tried it and I can finally control the beast! Thank you!

Last edited:
It's early but my favorite car is the Audi. It's extremely planted and the sounds of downshifting are just sublime

My second favorite car is the Aston Martin.

Interesting I started my career and chose Porsche which turns out is impossible to drive! I am fine with all the other cars.

Thanks for the tip, will try it later and hopefully means I wont have to restart and go through the Lamborghini test all over again

Edit: Tried it and I can finally control the beast! Thank you!

The Audi is still a lot easier to drive!

No Lambo love? Yes it doesn’t like trail braking and can feel on edge for much of the time but I absolutely love it. Feels alive. Add a bit more preload and stiffen the front anti roll bar and you can make it behave better at the rear.

The Merc is very stable and sounds awesome but there’s just something about the Lambo for me. The looks, the sound. It all just adds to the experience and makes me want to drive it more than the others!

I haven’t tried all the cars by a long shot though. NSX was if of a little dull. Porsche was just laughably rear end happy (typical Porsche!) but I’m sure once I got the hang of it I’d enjoy it. Bentley felt really nice. Stable yet chuckable.

The only others I’ve tried so far are both Aston’s. The 2019 V8 version, while sounding great, was a right pig in slow corners. Just wanted to come round on me all the time. Strange for a front engined car. That was with the aggressive setup on Misano. The V12, while very understeery, was so stable and a joy to drive. Disappointed by the sound a little. Seemed a little too quiet. Downshifts were brutal though.

I’m going mostly in Ferrari at the moment.

Tried to do the special event in Porsche early and lost rear in end 3 times a in row first lap at ear rouge , with safe setup and 800 steering lock!

Loving the balance of the mclaren in the damp special event. Managed to get 150 place too!

Tried to do the special event in Porsche early and lost rear in end 3 times a in row first lap at ear rouge , with safe setup and 800 steering lock!

Loving the balance of the mclaren in the damp special event. Managed to get 150 place too!
I found if you lower the rear ride height Eau Rouge is a little bit more manageable.

I found if you lower the rear ride height Eau Rouge is a little bit more manageable.

Anything to soften or to put more weight on the rear will help.

Lower rear anti roll bar
Lower rear tire pressure
Softer rear springs
Lower rear slow bump
Lower rear rebound
Lower rear ride height
Softer rear bump stops/adding travel to bumpstops

Maybe even more rear wing, but you'll lose speed down Kemmel

Any of these should help, but only change one thing at a time in small increments.

Last edited:
i only race the ferrari with the safe setup and tc 4 ,tc2 4 ,abs 4 ,rear brake duct 3 ,both brake pads 1. i can focus on racing in stead of wrestling the car in every corner

I have tried this event all week, thoroughly enjoyed it.

same problem here too, so nervous! Eventually settled on the aggressive set up, 1 traction & 2 abs with map 8.

54 litres of fuel and 3 extra on the rear wing with f&r brake ducts on 1.

final position was 40th about 1 hr ago, lapping around 2:23.

Fantastic game for hot stints.

Of what I've driven so far.

1. Porsche 911 GT3 R
2. Audi
3. Aston Martin
4. Bentley
5. Lamborghini
6. Nissan
7. Lexus

The bottom 3 are the Mercedes, BMW, and the Ferrari with the Ferrari being the worst of them all. And that's because I just can't get any of the three of them to turn properly. Any track with a tight chicane kills them because I have to go so slow with one hand off the wheel in order to turn it way past 180 degrees to try and negotiate those tight turns.

1. Porsche 911 GT3 R
2. Audi
3. Aston Martin
4. Bentley
5. Lamborghini
6. Nissan
7. Lexus

The bottom 3 are the Mercedes, BMW, and the Ferrari with the Ferrari being the worst of them all. And that's because I just can't get any of the three of them to turn properly. Any track with a tight chicane kills them because I have to go so slow with one hand off the wheel in order to turn it way past 180 degrees to try and negotiate those tight turns.

Do you have the correct wheel ratio set up for each car?

1. Porsche 911 GT3 R
2. Audi
3. Aston Martin
4. Bentley
5. Lamborghini
6. Nissan
7. Lexus

You are steering too much if you go past 90 lock in any car

Do you have the correct wheel ratio set up for each car?

I think so. This is what I've got from a link posted earlier when the game came out.

Ferrari = 480 deg
McLaren = 480 deg

BMW = 565 deg

Lamborghini = 620 deg
Lamborghini ST = 620 deg
Honda = 620 deg

Lexus = 640 deg
Aston Martin = 640 deg
Bentley = 640 deg
Nissan = 640 deg
Mercedes = 640 deg

Jaguar = 720 deg
Audi = 720 deg
R-EX = 720 deg

911 GT3 = 800 deg
911 CUP = 800 deg

You are steering too much if you go past 90 lock in any car

I know. But I don't know how to fix it.

I think so. This is what I've got from a link posted earlier when the game came out.

Ferrari = 480 deg
McLaren = 480 deg

BMW = 565 deg

Lamborghini = 620 deg
Lamborghini ST = 620 deg
Honda = 620 deg

Lexus = 640 deg
Aston Martin = 640 deg
Bentley = 640 deg
Nissan = 640 deg
Mercedes = 640 deg

Jaguar = 720 deg
Audi = 720 deg
R-EX = 720 deg

911 GT3 = 800 deg
911 CUP = 800 deg

I know. But I don't know how to fix it.

Change the steering ratio in the car setup options to the lowest setting possible. I run the Audi at 15.0

Change the steering ratio in the car setup options to the lowest setting possible. I run the Audi at 15.0

I did find the option to change this setting during free practice and the Ferrari did feel better with steering set at 11. But how do you change settings like this if you're wanting to run a quick race? The race just starts and everything is at defaults.

I did find the option to change this setting during free practice and the Ferrari did feel better with steering set at 11. But how do you change settings like this if you're wanting to run a quick race? The race just starts and everything is at defaults.

I haven't done a quick race so i couldn't tell you.

Setup is available in quick race

What section on car setup do you find this steering ratio you mention ? I know I can change the steering lock for each car in the wheel options

What section on car setup do you find this steering ratio you mention ? I know I can change the steering lock for each car in the wheel options

Here

Attachments

• 20200705_142811.jpg
    20200705_142811.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 35
Back