Preferred DLC strategy

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nielsen
  • 88 comments
  • 3,754 views

What kind of DLC would you prefer?

  • Vision GT and other unique / concept cars (GT6's free DLC strategy)

    Votes: 34 29.6%
  • Car packs including various road and race cars (GT5's paid DLC strategy)

    Votes: 81 70.4%

  • Total voters
    115
Messages
10,022
Denmark
Denmark
I'm wondering what you all would prefer when it comes to DLC for GT6 and beyond. Given how free DLC also differentiates GT6 from GT5, I thought it was worth mentioning in addition to the type of content offered.

I would prefer the return of car packs, even if I had to pay for them.
 
I allso wonder why not both?

Maybe you should add a multiple vote option. :p
 
The Vision GT cars will be added to the game no matter what (they're supposed to be at least) and I doubt PD will skip on getting some more money via paid DLCs. I'd probably get them as opposed to last year.
 
I still hope for regular cars DLC . We need more cars , come on create some more car models either way you will use them for GT7 :P I am sure
 
I will be happy to pay for Premium Supra, S14, Honda's, R32gtst, AE86 ….. I mean all classic from Japan. PD should be proud of the japanese car history and more other it is their own culture.
Also would love to get more JZX chassis but it is me ;) !
 
Vision GT should be in free updates. Real cars, tracks and race cars should be as paid DLC. However, paid DLC will probably be in the beginning of 2015...
 
Why do people want paid DLC? :confused:

Paid DLC supposedly equals better quality content in the eyes of some.
 
Why do people want paid DLC? :confused:
More stuff. Based on the poll, option 1 is only VGT's and a few other things. Option 2 is tracks, cars, etc.
 
More stuff. Based on the poll, option 1 is only VGT's and a few other things. Option 2 is tracks, cars, etc.
Well we've had tracks and real-life cars for free already so the poll is kinda biased.
 
Well we've had tracks and real-life cars for free already so the poll is kinda biased.

My memory may be tricking me right now but did we get any real-life in GT6 cars besides unique race cars and concepts? Also, the poll only takes cars into account, maybe I should have stated that more clearly.
 
My memory may be tricking me right now but did we get any real-life in GT6 cars besides unique race cars and concepts? Also, the poll only takes cars into account, maybe I should have stated that more clearly.

The only proper real-life cars we've had included in updates have been the BMW M4, Lexus IS-F CCS-R and Toyota TS030.
 
The only proper real-life cars we've had have been the BMW M4, Lexus IS-F CCS-R and Toyota TS030.

Yeah, totally forgot those. However, we also got at least a free Toyota and Scion in GT5 so that kind of balances it out.
 
But I would still like to see some of the car packs and what not be released...
 
Both. Only one does not make sense since it's highly probable DLC are coming and we have these usual free VGT.
 
The only proper real-life cars we've had included in updates have been the BMW M4, Lexus IS-F CCS-R and Toyota TS030.
We also got the Andretti Hudson and the Senna cars.
 
Second option should be changed to "car packs that consist mostly of touring versions of cars already in the game like in GT5," and then a third option should be added: "car packs containing new cars that people are actually interested in and are worth paying for."
 
Paid DLC all the way. It's obvious why PD doesn't do it. Because they can't and don't want to.
 
Paid DLC all the way. It's obvious why PD doesn't do it. Because they can't and don't want to.

Could also be that those PSN store credits (for people who don't want to grind) kinda negate the need for payed DLC.
 
Both. Keep VGT free while charging us for some of the new cars. I would have paid €5 just for the Toyota TS030-HYBRID although that is a special case as I love that car.
 
I'd rather them just keep doing what they're doing; have everything free.
 
I think the way they are doing is great.

Delivering free content to us, sure they take a while to deliver, but on GT5 they also took a while to deliver and made us pay for extra content, so I guess between waiting months and getting for free, or waiting months and getting it by paying, I'd rather have for free.
 
Real cars for me every time even if I have to pay for them.

TANSTAAFL!
 
Back