Premium and Standard question

  • Thread starter Thread starter MattZR1
  • 17 comments
  • 1,120 views
Messages
932
United States
Peoria, AZ, USA
Messages
MattZR1_81
What was PDs reasoning for including cars that are the exact same model, but can be premium or standard? Like the Lotus Elise or Mazda Eunos Roadster, for example. Wouldn't they realize that people were going to compare the quality to each other...I just think it was stupid.
 
They are cars that are from GT PSP but are premium cars in GT5.

Maybe PD did it on purpose, what's wrong with comparing a standard model with a premium model? It just shows how good the premium models are.
 
What was PDs reasoning for including cars that are the exact same model, but can be premium or standard? Like the Lotus Elise or Mazda Eunos Roadster, for example. Wouldn't they realize that people were going to compare the quality to each other...I just think it was stupid.

They probably did it to infuriate you. Sounds like mission accomplished. 👍
 
To make up the numbers :) there I said it, Let the flaming commence haha
 
They are cars that are from GT PSP but are premium cars in GT5.

Maybe PD did it on purpose, what's wrong with comparing a standard model with a premium model? It just shows how good the premium models are.

Sadly, it also reinforces how poor some (most) standards are.
 
Oh look we have 1032 cars, of which 300+ are duplicates:dopey:
 
Yeah the whole 1000 cars is basically a lie.
Yes. There are that many cars, plus.
But
There are many duplicates, many standards look absolutely disgraceful and the time making , porting them could of made a few more premiums.

Gt5 is known for the beautiful cars and graphics so when people say

I don't care about standards. I use bumper cam.

Go play a pc simulateor.

They are better but have really bad graphics.

Gt5 needs premiums. Its what gt5 is all about. Its beauty.
 
I like driving in cockpit view but in races where I need every spare tenth I often drive on dial view.

For me the differences between Premium and Standard haven't been as disappointing as I thought they'd be!

More OT: As already answered; some of the 'duplicated' models are PSP imports.
 
What was PDs reasoning for including cars that are the exact same model, but can be premium or standard? Like the Lotus Elise or Mazda Eunos Roadster, for example. Wouldn't they realize that people were going to compare the quality to each other...I just think it was stupid.

GT5 is filled with stupid decisions, left and right and in between. Sometimes you really wonder how a game with so much crap and bad decisions turned out as good as it did. I mean it's still better than like 90% of games out there, and is indeed a great game overall (but not excellent).
 
There are so many Miatas I can't even remember them all.and then they say they have 1000 cars with so many that are almost the same.
 
On the video above I can barely see a difference on the miatas! On the other side the premium BMW looks quite a lot better! But who really can see that form distance in a race and/or cares about during racing? For photomode it's a pity and those driving cockpit view are screwed with standards...

Overall it is just not as bad as the discussion everywhere would imply! I rather have these 800 standards because the other option would have been to only include the premiums!
 
The standard cars are mostly copy-pasted from GT4. If there's both standard and premium version, I would suspect that 35 different Skylines, 28 different Miata's etc. just wasn't ebough of a variety... Somehow they had to reach 1000, didn't they :lol:
 
I don't really see a difference in that video. The BMW looks different but it seems to be just the paint color to me. I could do without all the duplicate cars but overall I'm happy with the car selection in GT5
 
Yeah the whole 1000 cars is basically a lie.
Yes. There are that many cars, plus.
But
There are many duplicates, many standards look absolutely disgraceful and the time making , porting them could of made a few more premiums.

Gt5 is known for the beautiful cars and graphics so when people say

I don't care about standards. I use bumper cam.

Go play a pc simulateor.

They are better but have really bad graphics.

Gt5 needs premiums. Its what gt5 is all about. Its beauty.

Nowhere on my box does it say "1000 different cars" or anything like that. They could have put 1,000 variants of the Subaru 360 and there would still be 1,000 cars.
 
Sadly, it also reinforces how poor some (most) standards are.

Yeah some of them are PS2 standard... look at the front grille of the Option Stream Z. It looks like its made out of 4 pixels!!
 
Back