Premium Fearures?

• Thread starter SCClockDr
  • 36 comments

SCClockDr

Premium
United States
Union, SC
SCClockDr29379
I think I am interested in going premium. I was wondering what the added features were. Clicking the link that indicates it should take me to the features page instead takes me to the purchase page in my profile with no indication of the features offered.

Premium Membership (Jump to Top, #)
What are the benefits of a Premium membership at GTPlanet? (#)

A complete overview of the Premium service can be found here.
The above quote from the FAQ, is an example. "here" yields no feature overview, just a means to purchase.

Access to The Infield and the GT5 VIP forum.

Trust me, The Daily Babe thread is worth $12.

We've recently shifted forum platforms and some of the pages (particularly in the FAQ sections) are a little out of date regarding links. In fact the actual overview may be a little outdated too, given some of the features of the new software, so I'd hang fire until Jordan responds here.

You get your name in red.
You get a bigger avatar.
(everybody gets a bigger avatar now)
You get a special badge under your name, which you can remove if you wish.
You get access to the Infield section.
Along with the Daily Babe Thread we also have the Daily Hunk Thread and the Daily Monkey Thread, for whatever floats your boat.
You can have your username changed once a year.
You get the satisfaction of knowing you're helping support GT Planet.
Most important, NO MORE ADS.

Probably other things that I'm forgetting.

The red name was a good one, Special badge I like the not show option. Babe Thread :drool: and the ads well. If you have ad block plus there are no ads anyways.

Hi @SCClockDr, thanks for considering GTPremium service.

Sorry about the confusion over those outdated links on the FAQ page; I really need to finish cleaning that up. :ouch:

As others have noted here, the current primary advantages to Premium membership are ad-free viewing, access to private community forums (the "Infield"), and the knowledge that you're directly supporting site. The site was recently updated to run on an entirely new software platform, and I'm now working on a new set of tools which will radically change and expand Premium member benefits. I hope to have the new service rolled out in the next month or two.

Until then, please let me know if you have any other questions.

Question: If a premium member access a premium exclusive threads, does the profile card look like this?

Screenshot_2015-08-31-06-54-20.jpg

Username is censored.

Question: If a premium member access a premium exclusive threads, does the profile card look like this?

EDIT: I see what you are talking about now. Is that consistent for you?

View attachment 439326
Username is censored.
I don't really undersrand what you mean. But I think this might help.

Screenshot_2015-08-30-20-38-47.png
Screenshot_2015-08-30-20-39-36.png

Yes, like that! Or probably privacy settings.

If the latter, what happen to the card when the premium member access premium threads?

Assuming you're reffering to the portion regarding your recent activity, Nothing really.

View attachment 439326
Username is censored.
No.
I think it's the same for all members if you click on the user's name, as a logged in user.

It appears something has been edited. But that's what you see if you click on a users name.

I stand corrected. I misunderstood what you meant.

Last edited:
I still wonder what features we have anymore. Besides the now permanent premium yellow banner (wish could be hidden) the infield and 100 people conversations. Other than that nothing else?

I still wonder what features we have anymore. Besides the now permanent premium yellow banner (wish could be hidden) the infield and 100 people conversations. Other than that nothing else?

No advertisements and the ability to change your username once a year are things you can add to list.

Kinda miss being able to close your own thread. While its not the biggest deal for everyone, just felt like there was that little bit of that freedom.

No advertisements and the ability to change your username once a year are things you can add to list.

Well the ads can be worked around and the change the username, well that isn't a big thing unless you messed up to begin with.

The close your own thread would be nice and also the red username was good too, and the ability to hide the premium status was also nice.

Kinda miss being able to close your own thread. While its not the biggest deal for everyone, just felt like there was that little bit of that freedom.

This x 7,000!

:D

Back