Preparing the second anniversary !

• Thread starter Cytoria
  • 23 comments

Which theme do you want for the Bonus anniversary round?

• Total voters

Cytoria

Premium
France
France
Cytoria
Hello everyone,

2 years ago, on March 14, @syntex123 launched the first round of the Livery Editor Competition.

Last year, we celebrated this anniversary with a Bonus Round of GTPlanet liveries.

For 2020, @Raphaele pointed out to me that the end of the 50th round of the competition will coincide with the anniversary.

So, along the first round of the sixth season (round 51), we will have a new Bonus event to mark the second anniversary. To allow everyone to be in both, they will be open for three week instead of the usual two.

The theme of the LEC 51 will be set by the winner of the current 49th competition, as usual.

But for the Anniversary theme, we need you! I’ll add a poll to this post, with some ideas. Select your two favorites or propose your own. The votes won’t be locked so if you think that a new idea is better, feel free to change your mind for a new choice.

I’ll add the various suggestions of the users but try to keep in mind that your proposition must represent something related with the idea of celebrating the competition, the website or Gran Turismo.

:gtpflag:

Poll will be up until March 12!

I’ll add the various suggestions of the users but try to keep in mind that your proposition must represent something related with the idea of celebrating the competition, the website or Gran Turismo.
I think it has to celebrate the three of them!

It could be a new GTP liveries comp, on a mandatory car (or category to allow more diversity) chosen by @Jordan, with the mandatory PD and GT sponsors we use to find on the classic GT liveries! 💡

I think it has to celebrate the three of them!

It could be a new GTP liveries comp, on a mandatory car (or category to allow more diversity) chosen by @Jordan, with the mandatory PD and GT sponsors we use to find on the classic GT liveries! 💡
To be honest, seeing the trends I did think about GTplanet liveries for one mandatory car.

But if we reach 30+ entries like the last time, don’t you think some of them will somehow look the same?

To be honest, seeing the trends I did think about GTplanet liveries for one mandatory car.

But if we reach 30+ entries like the last time, don’t you think some of them will somehow look the same?

I think it'd be fun if they all had to be GTP car's for a certain race category (GT3 or 4 for example) and they all needed specific number boards as if they were all being entered into the same series to give them a nice cohesion while also giving total freedom on design and look

That's the risk. That's why I think @Jordan could choose a category, hopefully Gr.3 or 4.

I think it'd be fun if they all had to be GTP car's for a certain race category (GT3 or 4 for example) and they all needed specific number boards as if they were all being entered into the same series to give them a nice cohesion while also giving total freedom on design and look
Yes, a mandatory IMSA compatibility (for example) could be a good idea.
We could provide the links to the stickers needed (made by a GTP member if I remember well, "sky something" right?).

I’ve added the fourth choice : GTPlanet liveries, but on a mandatory class, so you can change your vote if you wish.

Maybe we can use @syntex123 numberplate here : Number Board

Or something updated like this one, where we can also add the selected class :
AB4AAC0D-2B44-464C-B3F5-E1F40BBD11BA.png

@Baliwa ; @BLiTZ ; @CorvairGuy69 ; @CroxSkin ; @Cytoria ; @D-Max ; @JKcreativeworks ; @machine1121 ; @MatskiMonk ; @MMX ; @Noisy ; @Raphaele ; @Sjaak ; @Strax ; @syntex123 ; @Teal ; @teensonacid ; @TYLER2013; @2clicks ; @A_Keyboard ; @Akwaaba ; @alexlees ; @Alpha Cipher ; @anthaliscious ; @antony68 ; @autonomous ; @Azabear6 ; @baldgye ; @Baron Blitz Red ; @BigJimmy ; @BKGlover ; @BombaMat ; @c_14S6 ; @Carzz ; @Claudio 81 ; @CLowndes888 ; @D3V ; @daan ; @danhighway ; @DartRalph ; @DigitalBaka ; @dioptrija ; @dizco ; @Drew Causby ; @fastimmy ; @FlichFloch ; @ghostrider135 ; @graveltrap ; @Greycap ; @gri4994 ; @GT_Alex74 ; @GTRacer22 ; @GTvsForza ; @H1s6n ; @HAKOSUKA1971 ; @Hayden ; @Higny ; @im2fst4u ; @JaimePL ; @Jakedog23 ; @JamCar0ne ; @jamesaflee ; @JR98 ; @Kelmac ; @Kiki25 ; @KK78 ; @LaSupra ; @Lebowski ; @LI1599 ; @LineR32 ; @Lost Sheltie ; @Marcobzzcs ; @MaRcvdl1 ; @mastretta_mx ; @McDotter ; @Michelin Man ; @Mires ; @MrWaflz55 ; @NBDESIGNZ ; @Nico_Ble99 ; @NoStopN ; @Not_Alibi ; @nowcontrol ; @Nuschel01 ; @OJT6627 ; @Panoz ; @PerformLAB1 ; @polo510 ; @PrinsvOranje ; @RacingManiac ; @rallymorten ; @ren0vat0r ; @Ren-Tec ; @Rizla ; @RZQSPEED ; @Senail27 ; @Shagprince ; @silverman_GT ; @sinner ; @Sinyster ; @SkoLvic ; @Slender_Man ; @Snaeper ; @Snake55wildcat ; @Splurge ; @ss3 ; @steffenx80 ; @Stephan ; @Stephen220378 ; @Stiggy ; @Street Racer 77 ; @suzq044 ; @TAU_GTP ; @TheGeologist ; @ThePotatoKing ; @Timebandit67 ; @TrdScionxB2 ; @uccio21 ; @Unfinished Na ; @UnkaD ; @V100s ; @VaderBomb ; @VGvelzen ; @WallRunner ; @Weirdsht ; @WJHMH ; @YpsilonKappa ; @YukinoSuzuka ; @ZappaD ; @zzz_pt
@250Cal @Adam Barber @AfraidRacer @AgentBlackDog @AlexWilmot @AlfoDesigns @Amavai @Arkseven @CammyK90 @cderekw19 @CrazyJohn @girabyt3 @GTNihei @hairless_ape @HoonigaN96 @LittleSpike @Mistah_MCA @Popenna @quinnidor @RealJaySee @ro_har_ @Sian @Sikumatchbox @SouperK @stepsinpairs @stpatty @svenhjs666 @tankuroded @TaSiMa @Thorin Cain @twiget56 @VulcanSpirit @Warte @wowbaggerBR
@AngryKowski
@BoxwerxRacing
@Drex124 @Nearlander @p78 @PoSM @Racerx_34 @ringkurier @sturk0167 @taylordirects

I like the idea of a GT Planet livery with some selected sponsors (with the likes of Gulf & Martini specifically excluded).
I also think there should be a limited number of each type of car that can be done,
that way it's capped at 3-5 examples for each type, after which somebody has to pick something else.
(eg RX7 & Ferrari GT3 in recent competitions)
Keep it updated on the OP which cars are available, which cars have been used & how many times.

I also think there should be a limited number of each type of car that can be done,
that way it's capped at 3-5 examples for each type, after which somebody has to pick something else.
I like this idea, but it could be difficult unless you do a draw once everyone wanting to be part of have declared themselves.

On another side, some of us like to select a car people are probably not going to select too...

@Cytoria I changed my vote for the 4th option.

I'd like to see another GTP liveries contest, imagining we could all compete in the same race!

I like this idea, but it could be difficult unless you do a draw once everyone wanting to be part of have declared themselves.

On another side, some of us like to select a car people are probably not going to select too...

@Cytoria I changed my vote for the 4th option.

I'd like to see another GTP liveries contest, imagining we could all compete in the same race!

Do a list at the start and have people comment to select one.
Update the OP to indicate who is designing what & what else is left.
Comment & allocate before starting the competition.

Do a list at the start and have people comment to select one.
Update the OP to indicate who is designing what & what else is left.
Comment & allocate before starting the competition.
Yes of course, but I used to organise PES / Fifa comps with some friends and I didn't like the "1st come 1st served" thing that much, so we decided to give the teams after a draw so everyone is equal.

But it's my personal opinion, yours is good too. :)

Maybe it's an idea to make a mandatory livery (again) ?!

I remember a LEC edition where were forced to use one of the fantasy logo's from the GTsport archives.. it was a good contest with tons of inspirational stuff for the following LEC's.

Example ;

Mandatory is using a tech sponsor beginning with the same letter as the brand you chooses. For instance I've chosen a Nissan GTR, my main sponsor will be Nvidia or a Honda NSX and I've Hardt Hyperloop as my title sponsor.

Maybe it's an idea to make a mandatory livery (again) ?!

I remember a LEC edition where were forced to use one of the fantasy logo's from the GTsport archives.. it was a good contest with tons of inspirational stuff for the following LEC's.

Example ;

Mandatory is using a tech sponsor beginning with the same letter as the brand you chooses. For instance I've chosen a Nissan GTR, my main sponsor will be Nvidia or a Honda NSX and I've Hardt Hyperloop as my title sponsor.
Although I reckon this might be a nice theme, I don’t think this is related enough to the idea of « celebrating » our anniversary for this particular round.

Seeing how uncertain the results were, I was about to reset the poll and ask everyone to vote for one option only.

But in fact, very few people did select two options, so we can see two majors trends :

- People are not bored with GTPlanet liveries and want to make them again.
- People want @Jordan to be involved in the theme.

I’ll play the coward here and I’ll pass the buck to him, to refine how restrictive about the cars or the liveries the theme will be.

I just want to thank the 45 voters, and please stay tuned!

Back