Press release GTR Revival

• Thread starter Ian Bell
  • 18 comments
“GTR Revival is a hardcore racer that is driven by an entirely new, bespoke physics engine created specifically for this game. Allied to the unsurpassed graphics from the Unreal Engine 5, the game will feel like a generational leap in the same way that GTR revolutionized the genre almost two decades ago.”

setting sky high expectations - that’ll go well

Heard this before. Then we got pCars 3, which wasn't an awful title, but definitely wasn't what was promised, "all the sim we would ever need", minus everything that makde pCars 2 a sim and then some. As I said in the other thread, I'll believe when I see it.

I have my doubts but I hope you're able to pull it off 🎂 GTR and especially the super touring mods have given me hours and hours of fun.

Ohhh, that might be interesting. Assuming it's not another arcade spinoff pretending to be a sequel. hehe

I'm hoping it has a big focus on 90s & early 2000s GT1 cars. :D

ACC has proven you don't need huge car lists to have a successful title, focused efforts on one class or genre can be rewarded, but then also PCars had that on some level too, each class available in PC1 and 2 had enough variety of cars to make for a proper racing experience.

I wish you the best of luck on this project Ian, you're a bit of a crazy guy but I like that, the world needs those and I've enjoyed most of your work.

I like Mildy Annoyed Studios but I guess it was too close to Slightly Mad. Not sure how I feel about Straight4 but that doesn't matter I guess

Straight 4 Games is an improvement imo, but has an inherent risk of offending certain audiences who also don't understand it.

Back