Preview write up of F1 2011

• Thread starter wills2084
  • 49 comments
Judging by that write-up and those screenshots, it's going to be an awesome game :)

"F1 2011 features a whole new lighting system, dynamic clouds (which are more impressive than they sound) and hugely improved background scenery, right down to blades of grass. As you can see from the first screenshots, the weather system is also looking fantastic."

yes.

I'm not getting it unless it gas dynamic cows.:lol: Just kidding.

Dynamic cow gas: Air in the vicinity of cows which have recently farted has a higher methane content, increasing the power of your engine as you pass through it. This also works in Melbourne with those flatulent, beer-swilling Australians. ;)

It'd probably reduce the power actually due to throwing the oxygen balance out, but I think it would be better for gameplay when running time trials if you go round and round waiting for that perfect lap when all the cows fart in unison.

Thank you akmuq, for making my day much more entertaining. 👍👍👍

I was tempted to get F1 2010 ... but then India joined the calendar for 2011. And I'm tempted to get F1 2011 (since my PC can easily handle DIRT 3) ... but Austin is joining the championship for 2012 (and it looks ridiculously good). And I'll probably be tempted to to get F1 2012, but Russia is joining the Formula 1 circus in the future, too ...

Yada yada yada looks great yada yada yada.....

release date anyone? I was going to buy 2010 but thinks me might holds off on that.. Unless it goes to $20 ;)

I was tempted to get F1 2010 ... but then India joined the calendar for 2011. And I'm tempted to get F1 2011 (since my PC can easily handle DIRT 3) ... but Austin is joining the championship for 2012 (and it looks ridiculously good). And I'll probably be tempted to to get F1 2012, but Russia is joining the Formula 1 circus in the future, too ...

I'm confused... Do you have F12010?

No. I mean I was looking at getting it, but decided to hold off for a year because I knew there would be a whole lot more extra content included as standard - like the Buddh International Circuit, Pirelli tyres and the DRS and KERS. So I figured I'd hold off for a year, and get F1 2011 ... but once again, circuits like Austin and new tehcnical regulations will have been applied to F1 2012.

Great! Those screenshots have the typically trademarked Codemasters colour tones...

:yuck:

What the heck is up with Codemasters and their sepia tones? Can they just not take 5 seconds to watch some F1 onboard footage or photos and take just that little bit of time to get some natural lighting.

No. I mean I was looking at getting it, but decided to hold off for a year because I knew there would be a whole lot more extra content included as standard - like the Buddh International Circuit, Pirelli tyres and the DRS and KERS. So I figured I'd hold off for a year, and get F1 2011 ... but once again, circuits like Austin and new tehcnical regulations will have been applied to F1 2012.

I thought that's what you meant. Treat yourself to 2011. Your presence in this forum confirms your interest. Then again, that doesn't mean that your as impatient as me.

Pacman: really?

Interludes: F1 2010 was a really good game and the series is worth a yearly buy. Go for it, you shall not be disappointed.:)

Interludes: F1 is an ever-evolving sport, so you can't rely on a point where buying the official F1 game will give you everything that next years will also throw in the mix. If you can get F1 2010 for cheap then it is a must. But then In September, getting F1 2011 will highlight all of the changes in the sport and also the improvements made by Codemasters.

I do see why you would want to wait though, as it can be seen waiting a year will see you pay the same amount of money but with an additional track to use each time. My mind ponders to the many Fifa players though who buy the new game each year, to find that EA Sports have simply spent a year counting the money roll in, and then updated all the new kits and transfers in the last couple of weeks. And maybe a new feature. If you are lucky...

yeah i felt the same way about 09.

as a general rule i've got F1 games every 5 years of so:-

MonacoGP '90
Formula 1 (95)
F1-2000
F1-2005
F1 2010.

At least 2010 was a really good base for 11 to be built on. Still don't think it will be enough to make me buy it. Would need a lot of classic F1 cars and tracks on there too.

interludes
I know what the release date is.

But I'm not going to tell you.

Why not?

Because all you have to do is Google it instead of relying on the forums to give you an answer.

Dude seriously you have issues.

akmuq
Pacman: really?

Interludes: F1 2010 was a really good game and the series is worth a yearly buy. Go for it, you shall not be disappointed.:)

And so do you but I am grateful that you took the time to be more of an upper class smart ar*e. Forums are a good place for information as well as google so if you two people spent time being a lot more helpful then being smart it would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
If this anything like the Dirt series... F1 2011 is the game to get... F1 2010 and F1 2012 wont be that good of a deal for diferent reasons... IMO

If F1 2011 is like DiRT, then I'm turned off by it. DiRT is far too arcady for my liking. Just fix F1 2010s problem with not enough mechanical grip and too much aerodynamic grip and ill be massively satisfied.

If F1 2011 is like DiRT, then I'm turned off by it. DiRT is far too arcady for my liking. Just fix F1 2010s problem with not enough mechanical grip and too much aerodynamic grip and ill be massively satisfied.

At least Dirt (even with arcadish physics) has believable handling and F1 2010 hasnt IMO.

I don't really see why the need for a safety car is so imperative. I've seen people claim that they won't buy F1 2011 unless it includes a safety car. But seriously, where is the fun in doing several laps at half speed behind a safety car?
Yeah, I have issues with lazy people. I'm old-fashioned like that.

And so do you but I am grateful that you took the time to be more of an upper class smart ar*e. Forums are a good place for information as well as google so if you two people spent time being a lot more helpful then being smart it would be appreciated.

Nice job on the double post. You have access to google, which is one of the best tools available for information. Why type something on a forum and potentially wait days for an answer when you can find out in an instant?

I don't really see why the need for a safety car is so imperative. I've seen people claim that they won't buy F1 2011 unless it includes a safety car. But seriously, where is the fun in doing several laps at half speed behind a safety car?

Some people dont seem to understand that a safety car is for safety reasons only and does not contribuit to the racing experience one bit and when playing racing games our safety isnt in jeopardy so there really isnt any need for a safety car... but if it is optional then its all good.

interludes

I think it's a case of immersion. I would love a safety car, but only for long races. It adds depth and can reward or punish risky strategies.

Some people take it too far though. I've seen people on the official forum asking for ludicrous amounts of cutscenes and interviews. It seems so important to them now, but you know the same people will skip them before long.

In real F1, safety cars drastically alter race strategies all around the field. I'd like to be able to gain something or lose something because of a huge crash on track.

interludes

Yes, it's not good to be lazy. But wouldn't it have been easier and less damaging to your reputation to have just said "September 24..."?

Back