Preview write up of F1 2011

• Thread starter wills2084
  • 49 comments
So, everyone who has made videos at E3 had been asked to not post any until next week. But we know now there is a demo at E3, and it sounds good.

In real F1, safety cars drastically alter race strategies all around the field. I'd like to be able to gain something or lose something because of a huge crash on track.

Yes and it can ruin races too like it did with monaco 6 laps to go, as I said before if it is optional its all good...

Yes, it's not good to be lazy. But wouldn't it have been easier and less damaging to your reputation to have just said "September 24..."?

You seem to forget that not all of us know the release date and not all of us want to google it out for you so I think he was quite helpfull the way he managed the situation... he gave him the fishing rod instead of the fish... so that he wont be hungry when nobody else is around.

Remember all the build up hype before F1-2010 was released? with amazing screenshots, promises of great dynamic weather, full season rules, etc and then they released that glitch fest.

Seems like they are doing the same. I'm not buying all this PR BS until they release the game.

Yes and it can ruin races too like it did with monaco 6 laps to go, as I said before if it is optional its all good...

The safety car ruined nothing. You're thinking of the red flag.

The first safety car ruinned Buttons race... but I understand its for stafety reasons

Irrelevant. Safety cars will always throw a spanner in the works in terms of race strategies. It's primary reason for being there is for safety reasons.

The red flag is what "ruined the race". But it was issued for safety reasons.

If you were Button (as you will pretend to be when playing the game - or any other driver) you will agree that it was the first safety car that ruined your race... thats why I say that the safety car car ruin your/my race... jesus is that so hard to understand? if you are talking about the race/show from the viewer point of view than what ruined the race was one of the toro rossos (Jamie Alguersuari) IINM
So I wouldnt call it Irrelevant when playing 50% races like I usually do to have a safety car ruin my race... Ill say it for the third time if it is optional than its all good. thats my opinion and Im entitled to it.

Remember all the build up hype before F1-2010 was released? with amazing screenshots, promises of great dynamic weather, full season rules, etc and then they released that glitch fest.

Seems like they are doing the same. I'm not buying all this PR BS until they release the game.

I sure do and likewise I am waiting 2 weeks minimum after release to give the enthusiasts the time to tear this thing apart and see what's really under the hood. The mainstream gaming press completely failed to notify us of the bugs and issues in 2010, so I won't trust their initial impressions again.

Seems like they are doing the same.
And yet, their next game - DIRT 3 - was released without any significant glitches and a significant amount of content (namely the weather modelling) ported over from F1 2010. There's a few track boundary problems that have led to people exploiting them to get record stage times, but there are no crippling issues.

If there's one thing that Codemasters are known for, it's listening to their customers. The fans demanded the inclusion of the safety car; Codemasters promised to look into it. No doubt a release game that is as glitch-free as possible is high on their to-do list for F1 2011.

If you were Button (as you will pretend to be when playing the game - or any other driver) you will agree that it was the first safety car that ruined your race... thats why I say that the safety car car ruin your/my race... jesus is that so hard to understand? if you are talking about the race/show from the viewer point of view than what ruined the race was one of the toro rossos (Jamie Alguersuari) IINM
So I wouldnt call it Irrelevant when playing 50% races like I usually do to have a safety car ruin my race... Ill say it for the third time if it is optional than its all good. thats my opinion and Im entitled to it.

Here is your original quote.

If you had said "like it did to Button at Monaco" I might have agreed with you. I understand what you're saying in your last point, but as I'm unable to read minds, I disagreed with your first. Had you stated it like this the first time around, I would have agreed with you. It can compromise strategies. It's all part of racing.

If you had been clearer, then this whole arguement wouldn't have happened... Now to paraphrase you. Jesus... is that so hard to understand?

I think an apology is due. But I do agree that the safety car should be optional.

Who is treating you like an idiot? If I was treating you like an idiot, I would have just said 'shut up, you're wrong' or something like that. I'm just pointing out you were quick to jump him when you knew he made a mistake.

Who is treating you like an idiot? If I was treating you like an idiot, I would have just said 'shut up, you're wrong' or something like that. I'm just pointing out you were quick to jump him when you knew he made a mistake.

when someone says "Jesus, why is that so difficult to understand?" It implies they're talking to an idiot.

Fair enough.

Safety car should be optional, the end.;)

By the way I doubt they would make it mandatory anyways, some people may get sick of it and would want it disabled.

when someone says "Jesus, why is that so difficult to understand?" It implies they're talking to an idiot.

Ok I probably wasnt all that accurate in my first post and that might have misslead you, but I was talking about ruining the race for the player not the race in general and I can see that my 6 lap comment might have not been the best to get my point across... but for the record I was not treating you like an idiot I was just trying to make my point clear... if you want an appology... fair enough. Im sorry if it looked like I was treating you like an idiot... I was not... English is not my first language but that doesnt excuse the way I wasnt able to explain my view if my missleading first post...

Latest Posts

Back