Primus Ortus

Thx a lot Dave :cheers:
I totally understand your choice of fav' in this last set. This one is awesome, great use of this kind of angle for a perfect composition 👍 The smooth rendering of the tree is excellent and the tonning is just at the top. Bravo !
And the others ones are also great, I especially like the warm tone of this set and the collection of nice angles you've used 👍

Thanks Jeremy for the detailed critique! I had reservations about the signs on the track, but I thought they added some realism to the shot.

GPR
I agree with Jeremy, the warm tones in this set are nice and angles you've captured are also very good. Also good choice for your entry out of those. 👍

Funny I went with the same car for my entry. ;)

Thanks! Your entry is far better than mine though... :)

This set is sooooo good - there is a certain magic that happens when you and the Ferrari F1 come together. :) The beautiful warm tones and expertly composed photos make for very pleasant viewing. And that last shot! :eek: :drool: :bowdown: If it wasn't for the GT logo in the top corner you wouldn't know it came from the game. ;)

Thanks Nathan - I wouldn't call it magic, more like just okay, but I'll take it!

Fantastic stuff! :)

Thanks for the visit and comment GTracer! That's nice of you to say. :)

I absolutely love the soft lighting in your latest shots, Primus Ortus. The tones and individual compositions are spot on, as well. Keep the great work coming! :) 👍

Thank you! I will try... :nervous:

Excellent angles and lighting on the Ferrari set!

Thanks maz! That's very nice of you to say!

+1 .. It truly is a fantastic set!

Thanks d-zig! You are too kind. :)

Primus Ortus, I agree with you in that I also like your last shot, although the large rectangular signs are distracting.

You've touched on the same issue I had with the picture - I thought the same thing. I decided to keep them, rather than edit them out, because I thought they added to the realism. Kind of a toss-up though.

Hmmm, while shots 1, 3 and the last shot (of the F1 set) look excellent, I sort of feel as if some have a bit too much blur, not speed blur but just general blur (or it looks like that). But still, excellent shots as usual. 👍

If I look good, you've desaturated a little bit more the pic and there is less yellow in it. I find it quite more realistic than the original. But I also liked the warm feeling of the first one ;)

Interesting re-edit, Primus Ortus. I noticed that you went for slightly colder tones and desaturated colours in general. I'm liking it as much as the previous version, because both of them leave a mark in their own way. 👍

You have added just the right amount of noise reduction, blur, and sun glare to make this photo a masterpiece. 👍

Hmmm, while shots 1, 3 and the last shot (of the F1 set) look excellent, I sort of feel as if some have a bit too much blur, not speed blur but just general blur (or it looks like that). But still, excellent shots as usual. 👍

Thanks Skython, I appreciate the criticism and comments. Sometimes I get carried away in editing... :guilty:

If I look good, you've desaturated a little bit more the pic and there is less yellow in it. I find it quite more realistic than the original. But I also liked the warm feeling of the first one ;)

Thanks Jeremy - I feel the same way about liking the warmth of the original as well.

Interesting re-edit, Primus Ortus. I noticed that you went for slightly colder tones and desaturated colours in general. I'm liking it as much as the previous version, because both of them leave a mark in their own way. 👍

Thanks GT-R, as always. 👍

Nice set of F1 2007, Primus! :drool:👍

Thanks SP! I appreciate the visit and comments. :)

Shinny and fast! The 2 things that come to my mind when I see that shot! :drool: Great!

Thank you GTracer98!

Love the amount of glow. 👍 👍 :)

Thanks Nathan - I overuse the glow sometimes, but I liked it in this shot. :)

You have added just the right amount of noise reduction, blur, and sun glare to make this photo a masterpiece. 👍

Thank you for the kind words Croooooow - that's very nice. :)

Nice shot, i like the glowing look too! nice editing.

Thanks Lee - very kind of you. 👍

Wonderful F1 set, Dave ! Love the atmosphere and nice warm tones 👍
Last shot is absolutely amazing ... as all of them :drool: :drool: :drool:

Slight departure from the F1 and Corvette, but I thought I'd take the California out again for a spin. It's a shame the Ferrari 250 California from the 50's and 60's didn't make an appearance in GT5, because there are few vehicles (IMO) that are as beautiful. After driving cars in GT5 like the California, 458 and 430, one can easily see what Jeremy Clarkson is on about regarding the joy and excellence of Ferrari. (The 599 and Enzo must be the exceptions...) Each pic has a slightly different edit.
As always, click on the pics. :)

Last edited:
Very nice - glad you've used this somewhat neglected Ferrari. 👍
That first image is amazing my friend - a masterful use of light and shadow and the background is just gorgeous - I'm liking the crisp, vibrant feel it has too. :drool:
Of the next two images my preferance is for the tones and composition of the former, that's not to say I don't like the latter. ;)
The final image is also very good, again with great tones and with this one I'm enjoying the softness of the image. Thank you for another wonderful set. :)

"The sea was red and the sky was grey, wondered how tomorrow could ever follow today." Awesome set! 👍

Loving the diversity in your latest set. Both contrast and lighting are spot on in each shot and I'm a huge fan of the individual compositions. 👍

OMG ! The whole set is gorgeous but the first one is just awesome. This is typically because we can see this kind of work that I've decided to create an account here... Composition, scenery, light (& shadow) etc. All is perfect ! :drool:
There is only one very tiny detail only visible with the large format : on the scenery, at the bottom of the hill there are some ungracious lines & angles on the background. Maybe juste a little use of the clone tools to erase it for a v2 ? ;)
I also love the warm feeling (like a blazing sun afternoon) of the second shot.
Great work with this set Dave 👍 :cheers:

Wow ! First one is amazing ! :drool: :drool: :drool: Nice set 👍👍👍

Thanks Ilya!

Very nice - glad you've used this somewhat neglected Ferrari. 👍
That first image is amazing my friend - a masterful use of light and shadow and the background is just gorgeous - I'm liking the crisp, vibrant feel it has too. :drool:
Of the next two images my preferance is for the tones and composition of the former, that's not to say I don't like the latter. ;)
The final image is also very good, again with great tones and with this one I'm enjoying the softness of the image. Thank you for another wonderful set. :)

Thanks Nathan as always, you're very kind. :embarrassed:

Very nice shots, love the mood in them!

Thanks mazda787!

"The sea was red and the sky was grey, wondered how tomorrow could ever follow today." Awesome set! 👍

Haha, thanks!

Loving the diversity in your latest set. Both contrast and lighting are spot on in each shot and I'm a huge fan of the individual compositions. 👍

Thank you GT-R!

OMG ! The whole set is gorgeous but the first one is just awesome. This is typically because we can see this kind of work that I've decided to create an account here... Composition, scenery, light (& shadow) etc. All is perfect ! :drool:
There is only one very tiny detail only visible with the large format : on the scenery, at the bottom of the hill there are some ungracious lines & angles on the background. Maybe juste a little use of the clone tools to erase it for a v2 ? ;)
I also love the warm feeling (like a blazing sun afternoon) of the second shot.
Great work with this set Dave 👍 :cheers:

Thanks Jeremy - I completely missed that issue (don't know why, cause now that I've seen it, it sticks out like a sore thumb...). I've done a quick edit. What say ye?

Amazing set Primus! Love the mood - perfect!!:drool:

Thanks G73!

2nd and 3rd are my favs
wish the second one had a blur to it to make it seem like there is distortion because of the heat

Your colour choice is genial for the set. The blue sets in really well with the bridge. The warm tones you chose is made offset by the blue of the subjects in the photo, providing that ever-needed balance and to not make the reds too overwhelming.
Couple that with solid compositioning and framing and you have a very, very nice set.

Back