Prius @ Grand Valley East - Locks console (UPDATE: Fix is to turn OFF Race BGM)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Falango
  • 33 comments
  • 3,255 views
Messages
3,575
Canada
Vancouver, BC
Messages
Falango
3 times in a row, my PS3 has locked up on me as I turn in to the first corner on the second lap of the Prius seasonal event. It's happened at the exact same spot each time, and I can't even use the controller to go back to the XMB or anything. Anyone else having this problem?

UPDATE:

FIX!!!!

Turn OFF Race BGM.
 
Last edited:
Try deleting the cache or install data etc. Think its on the bottom row of the options screen.
 
It's a subliminal message telling you not to drive the Prius because its a horrible car.
 
I had a real Prius once and believe me the GT5 one is actually a lot better than the real thing. When cars have come to mean absolutely nothing to you at all other than getting from A to B still don't get a Prius.
 
Its because of the horrible drone of the POS
 
Tried deleting the cache, and it still froze up in the exact same spot. Guess I'll be skipping that seasonal event........
 
It's a subliminal message telling you not to drive the Prius because its a horrible car.
👍 Be enlighten people! And throw rocks at them when you see a real one!
 
The prius is not a nice car but it didn't cause my system to lock. Hope you get it sorted Falango.
 
Well, now I just got 80010514. System won't read any discs at all. Why is GT5 DESTROYING our systems..............
 
Well, now I just got 80010514. System won't read any discs at all. Why is GT5 DESTROYING our systems..............

Maybe just a faulty PS3. Everyone always blames the game.
 
I've had it for just about 3 years, and it's had its fair share of use. I guess they all fail when GT5 is playing because all we ever play now is GT5, lol. I'm not blaming the game though. I guess it's had its time.
 
Just went through a YLOD a few days ago. It happens...
 
I had a real Prius once and believe me the GT5 one is actually a lot better than the real thing. When cars have come to mean absolutely nothing to you at all other than getting from A to B still don't get a Prius.

Bahahaha, epic quote 👍
 
Well, now it started up GT5. I'm wondering if the laser may just be too dirty.
 
Just spray the inside of of the bluray slot with some carb cleaner, you'll be good in no-time! 👍


:lol:
 
Mine kept doing the same thing after every race, then wouldn't even load the game. After researching it on the net I just cut my losses and went and bought a new ps3. It sucks big time but you just gotta do to keep playing.
 
As it looks like your ps3 might die completely soon, make sure you backup your gamedata.
 
Ya I backed it up right away. I have a disc cleaning disc somewhere, and hope it's just the laser that's dirty. My place does collect alot of dust (my 4 month old PC has alot of dust on the main fan grill already), so I hope that's all it is.
 
Well, now it started up GT5. I'm wondering if the laser may just be too dirty.

your laser has packed up and will need replacing, unfortunetly. theres 2 laser types, get the one with the brown clip and not the white. If u having laser issues, you probably have the ' phat' PS3 - if u replace laser, run console without top cover with a house fan directed at it, to prevent or prolong ylod, which should be due any time now.
 
Well that's not what I want to hear, lol. I have an 80gb PS3 that didn't go to weight watchers, and have had it for about 3 years. It was previously owned as well. It is one of the old fatties that is in the SN range that has been getting YLOD. It is reading GT5 again for now, so we'll see how long it lasts. I just ran a cleaning disc through too.
 
i had same issue :grumpy:- it will go soon(laser), maybe sell while u can. Otherwise you might end up with an expensive doorstop
 
I've already checked google, and realize that it probably will die out soon. Not sure if it's worth getting a new blu-ray drive put in, or just getting a new console. I don't want to have a new drive put in, just to get a YLOD in the future.
 
Get a new console if you can afford it, it's not worth making a "Frankenstein" PS3.
 
Alright, so I replaced my console yesterday, with a new 160gb. Transferred all my data, ran the i-Miev seasonal race, it froze at the last corner, of the first lap. Uninstalled the game data, reinstalled it, still happens, exact same spot. Does GT5 not like me racing in these cars?! Any ideas this time around anyone? Anyone it's happening to? I have already submitted a report to Sony.
 
I hope you get your problem solved soon, that Mitsubishi race was a hoot, enjoyed driving a real slow car around the track, bumping rolling breadboxes into the weeds. :)
 
Alright, so I replaced my console yesterday, with a new 160gb. Transferred all my data, ran the i-Miev seasonal race, it froze at the last corner, of the first lap. Uninstalled the game data, reinstalled it, still happens, exact same spot. Does GT5 not like me racing in these cars?! Any ideas this time around anyone? Anyone it's happening to? I have already submitted a report to Sony.

Maybe I missed it but have you cleaned the disc?
 
Cleaned the disc a few times. That was the first thing I did.

EDIT:

It just froze on the Volvo race now too, I'm getting quite pissed off. Something is seriously wrong here.
 
Back