Private Lobbies

• Thread starter Jeff Ross
  • 21 comments

Should Project Cars 3 have private lobbies ?

• Yes

Votes: 12 92.3%
  • No

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
Should PCars3 have private lobbies at lauch or as a dlc patch?
Your answer won't influence development since it's likely been decided and team workloads have been allocated ages ago ;)

Also, it's a bit of a loaded question since "do you want X" always leads to a yes from people who don't have to weigh up the consequences of what else needs to get cut to accommodate the work :)

It would be nice if they're added later (I think that is the plan). If they are I'm sure they will do it properly and not make you pay to race.

It would be nice if they're added later (I think that is the plan). If they are I'm sure they will do it properly and not make you pay to race.

I think he meant free DLC.

It's a great shame that private lobbies aren't in the game from the start - it is such an important (and basic feature) of modern racing games that it suggests that this game has been rushed.

It's not like it's their first game, they have two previous versions which had private lobbies, so they know how to do them. And it's been in production since PC2 ended so it's not exactly rushed.

And maybe, just maybe, there might actually be invite only lobbies in the game from the get go. ;)

I thought i read somewhere multiplayer lobbies can be friends only, password protected, invite only, etc. if that’s the case, isn’t that virtually the same as a private lobby?

From @terrible1fi's link above.

Are private online lobbies available in Project CARS 3?
Custom multiplayer lobbies can be created and set as public, friends only, invite-only, or password-protected.

Although that's written by a forum moderator but is gathered from information released.

It's not like it's their first game, they have two previous versions which had private lobbies, so they know how to do them. And it's been in production since PC2 ended so it's not exactly rushed.

And maybe, just maybe, there might actually be invite only lobbies in the game from the get go. ;)

The whole impression of the game for me to date is of one that was not due to be released for a long, long time then someone came along and said "what can we do to get this game done and dusted" - all sorts of stuff cut and rushed or not ready.

The marketing has been unexplainably awful - it's as if nobody cares!

I hope I'm wrong on all counts - we will see soon enough.

The whole impression of the game for me to date is of one that was not due to be released for a long, long time then someone came along and said "what can we do to get this game done and dusted" - all sorts of stuff cut and rushed or not ready.

The marketing has been unexplainably awful - it's as if nobody cares!

I hope I'm wrong on all counts - we will see soon enough.

Almost as if when they became part of CM they realised that it was their last game to be released under BN before they could reap the venefits of being under the CM umbrella....

Almost as if when they became part of CM they realised that it was their last game to be released under BN before they could reap the venefits of being under the CM umbrella....

It certainly feels that way, but it could be that the rush was purely to get the game out before the new consoles - but if so why is the marketing so lack lustre?

Your answer won't influence development since it's likely been decided and team workloads have been allocated ages ago ;)

Also, it's a bit of a loaded question since "do you want X" always leads to a yes from people who don't have to weigh up the consequences of what else needs to get cut to accommodate the work :)

I'd take note of what PJ wrote here. He seems to know what he is talking about ;)

We'll agree to differ @Sick Cylinder :)
I still think the game is what it is and is what they meant it to be and on also the console generation planned for it. Other than the slight scramble to catch up when it was mistakenly announced early by Sony, no rush involved. ;)
It's just a new direction - which isn't suited for all.

Marketing? Well they could be more prominent but perhaps they don't see the need too. It's up to them. There's still plenty of social media attention!

Hello @FernandoM76. I see you've come to check us out over here on GTP? :P

They need to make it where you can practice in lobbies while your waiting for players or races to start like you can in Gran Turismo

Latest Posts

Back