Private races and in-game chat in the works

• Thread starter PalmerW
  • 23 comments
Team Speak works fine for now. I can't wait for the private rooms! Hopefully, PD will give us more than 4 public races every week. For many of us, this current week (ending tonight) has been less than exciting; we like oval racing.

Yeah good news and bad....but overal good that they have confirmed it's in the pipeline and we won't have to wait till GT5! whats "Team Speak" Dave? is this some forms of in lobby or in ing game coms?

Team Speak is a computer application used for voice chatting. It's really good for gaming since it doesn't use alot of cpu or ram and doesn't make your games lag. It's free and very usefull.

Can be downloaded here : http://www.goteamspeak.com/

That's what they were using in the WoW south park episode to voice chat lol.

Well, my wishes for Prologue had already been exceeded, but this is really the kicker and puts it over the top. We'll probably get private races after they are sure the bugs are gone from online play. I'm thinking the smoother it goes, the sooner we'll get it.

Team Speak is a computer application used for voice chatting. It's really good for gaming since it doesn't use alot of cpu or ram and doesn't make your games lag. It's free and very usefull.

Can be downloaded here : http://www.goteamspeak.com/

That's what they were using in the WoW south park episode to voice chat lol.

That won't work on the PS3 whilst playing GT5p surely?????????????

Or is the idea to have it running on your PC at the same time as playing?

Uh oh, I talk a lot... :D

That won't work on the PS3 whilst playing GT5p surely?????????????

Why wouldn't it? Most multiplayer games have it. The lack of teamwork required (compared to other games) make it kind of a questionable addition.

July for the release of Home? They really need to get there finger out with that. Sometimes you just wish Sony would keep there mouths shut and just tell us about stuff a month or two before release. They just keep adding features and tarting up the graphics with home, the beta testers must be getting bored by now LOL.......Awaits nes of GT5p delayed till April!

right I'm with you, your running it on your PC not your PS3 thats where I was getting confusedie "thats completly imposable" LOL
Right thers one hope left, we know theres no private servers....But can you invite friends into the public servers like a lot of other games? Failing this there better be adamn tight match makeing system and a huge amount of specific events in the server list....there will be a list of servers rather than randomly droping you into random ones?......
PD I really hope you guys haven't completly lost the plot when it comes to online raceing, theres hundreds for you to look at to see how it's done! If we end up with the absaloute bare minimum then left dangleing for months with promises of added features which never apear your going to be seriously upseting your user base....sour grapes? Yeah I'm anoyed voice coms SHOULD have been there from day one, theres no excuse for not haveing it, and private lobys are not a necesity but for raceing games they build community like nothing else

Right I'm leaveing that post there! But I am going to apologise for it LOL
GT5 prologue is a taste be it a BIG taste (I'm not using the word demo, my flack jackets all shot up) And as such anyone expecting a FULL online system is barking mad...That includes me LOL Got carried away a bit in the last post PD say there adding private lobbys and chat then thats a bonus and a welcome one, they have no need to do this and the fact they've made this commitment means there listening to the GT community! Well done PD

yeah.....If it aint in GT5 from day one then PD better hide there mothe.........Breaks of into another foaming at the mouth rant LOL

Wait a second....so there is NO voice chat support whatsoever in GT5P?????? I coulda sworn I read that it will. Even Motorstorm has it FFS!

Back