private track

Italy
Italy
I wanted to know if, like in the first Gran Turismos, there are test tracks where you can record your times and try out the various setups.

Like the first Gran Turismos...? 🤔

The only unique test track I can think of is Complex String from GT3...otherwise, not sure what you're on about.

By the way, the fictional GT7 main screen resort should be a stylized or cartoon version of real life private tracks. In our garage/profile, for example, we could enter Magarigawa Club (Asia), Monticello Motor Club (America) or Bilster Berg Drive Resort (Europe). There, we could do personal tests, challenge friends in matchrace and other things.

Last edited:
Like the first Gran Turismos...? 🤔

The only unique test track I can think of is Complex String from GT3...otherwise, not sure what you're on about.
I think 2 had "test course" but special stage route x is basically the same thing

I think 2 had "test course" but special stage route x is basically the same thing
Duh, but I don't think Test Course is a viable test track, which focuses purely on top speed.

And I meant tracks that are exclusive for testing.

I wanted to know if, like in the first Gran Turismos, there are test tracks where you can record your times and try out the various setups.
You can do this at any circuit in the game in Time Trial mode.

I'm not quite sure what you're referencing with "Private Track" in "the first Gran Turismos" though.

It's implemented really poorly. It just highlights how bad GT7 is laid out if you try to go to the trouble of trying different tunes. 95% of your time will be spent waiting for menus to load.

Ideally, right within the tuning screen, there should be a small, quick-loading test track you can access with the press of a button, to quickly determine how one tune compares to another.

Hitting the "measure" button on the tuning screen does give you some basic stats on the left side that most people ignore: max lateral Gs, and various acceleration statistics such as 0-60 and quarter mile, but since launch, several patches have rendered those stats UTTERLY WORTHLESS, since the "measure" process no longer factors in your transmission settings, your LSD settings, or your suspension settings!

If you actually do want to iteratively test out small variations in tunes, it takes an unbelievably long time just navigating the menus and loading screens just to get the car on a track.

bad bad bad bad design for anyone who cares about tuning.

Last edited:
Clearly you haven't played GT1, 2, or 3 before. Races are actually held on the track, but the last time I checked, Complex String is time trial only.
So rude, you asked a question and I provided an accurate response that you disliked and then attacked me multiple times because the test course was not the test course you were looking for. lol

So rude, you asked a question and I provided an accurate response that you disliked and then attacked me multiple times because the test course was not the test course you were looking for. lol
Well, it's not my problem you don't know the definition of either private or exclusive, so I'll leave it at that.

Last edited:
Route X recorded acceleration data(GT6?). In GT7, we have the PP calculator that runs a virtual lap, each time the tune is adjusted.

Last edited:
Route X recorded acceleration data(GT6?). In GT7, we have the PP calculator that runs a virtual lap, each time the tune is adjusted.
In GT7, it is not accurate at all after so many changes have been removed from the calculations.

Back