"PRIZE CAR" Winners???

• Thread starter Old Geezer
  • 42 comments
Thanks for the help smallhorses. Also, I am sorry for the "text speek". Actually I posted the above rely reply first before I started the new thread that you answered and closed afterwards. Next time I will know better. But I am not trying to get spoonfed here, I was just a bit surprised over the prize car I got, and I immediately thought of consulting you guys, not knowing that I will sound like a spoonfeed guy. Again I apologize for this. I was not aware that the Japanese PAL version of the game has a different line-up of prize cars as compared to the US version. The link you gave me is a great help. thank you again.

Sorry about that, for some reason you should be OK after your first post is approved, but I've now had to approve 3 of your posts, and didn't see this one until after the other thread which was in the approval queue! :guilty:
Maybe the server hasn't updated your approved member status yet. Give it an hour or so.

Anyway glad you found your answer. 👍
Hope you enjoy the Formula GT Series and your prize! :)

Manufacturers Race Events

Asia

HONDA:
CIVIC Race: HONDA CIVIC Si (Mugen Motul Race Car) '87 4ea A-Spec [NO Mods!!!]

HYUNDAI:
Hyundai Sport Festival: HYUNDAI Clix '01 4ea A-Spec [NO Mods!!!]

ISUZU:
Isuzu Classic Sport: ISUZU 117 Coupe '68 64-68 A-Spec [NO Mods!!!]

MAZDA:
RX-8 Cup: MAZDA RX-8 Concept LM Race Car '01 1ea A-Spec [NO Mods!!!]

NISSAN:
Race of Red Emblem: NISMO SKYLINE GT-R LM Road Going Version (R33) '95 78-97 A-Spec [NO Mods!!!]
March Brothers: NISSAN mm-R Cup Car '01 1ea A-Spec [NO Mods!!!]
Silvia Sisters: NISSAN Sileighty '98 10-37 A-Spec [NO Mods!!!]
The most difficult thing about these races was finding the RIDE! :eek: They're NOT under NISSAN & there is NO "Sileighty" Dealer!!! I finally found mine by checking all FR Rides!!!
'Z' Club: NISSAN Fairlady 240ZG (HS30) '71 24-87 A-Spec [Changed Oil & Tyres to R-4s]

SUBARU:
Subaru 360 Race: SUBARU 360 '58 55 A-Spec [NO Mods!!!]
Race of Pleiades: SUBARU IMPREZA Super Touring Car '01 1ea A-Spec [NO Mods!!!]

SUZUKI:
Suzuki Concept Car: SUZUKI GSX-R/4 '01 10-27 A-Spec [NO Mods!!!]

TOYOTA:
Altezza Race: TOYOTA Altezza Touring Car '01 1ea A-Spec [NO Mods!!!]
Vitz Race: TOYOTA Vitz RS Turbo '02 13-21 A-Spec [NO Mods!!!]

U.S.

CHEVROLET:
Vette! Vette! Vette!: Corvette Stingray Coupe (C2) '63 1ea A-Spec [NO Mods!!!]
Camaro Meeting: CHEVROLET Camaro IROC-Z Concept '88 93ea A-Spec [Changed Trans ONLY]

SHELBY:
Shelby Cobra Cup: SHELBY Mustang G.T.350R '65 200ea A-Spec [Changed to R-1/R-2s + Trans/Driveline]
Another pleasant surprise! 👍 This ride is an absolute Dream to drive & helped to overcome my "Anti-FORD" bias to a degree!

Europe

ALFA ROMEO:
GTA Cup: ALFA ROMEO Giulia Sprint GTA 1600 '65 33-59 A-Spec [Changed Oil & Tyres to R-4s]

ALPINE:
Renault Alpine Cup: ALPINE A110 1600S '73 30ea A-Spec [NO Mods!!!]

ASTON MARTIN:
Aston Martin Festival: ASTON MARTIN DB9 Coupe '03 81-83 A-Spec [NO Mods!!!]

BMW:
'M' Club: BMW M3 GTR '03 89ea A-Spec [NO Mods!!!]

CITROEN:
2HP-2CV: CITROEN 2CV Type-A '54 48-52 A-Spec [Changed Oil ONLY]

LOTUS:
Elise Cup: LOTUS Elise Type-72 '01 47-103 A-Spec [Changed Tyres ONLY]
Lotus Classic Cup: LOTUS Elan S1 '62 66ea A-Spec [NO Mods!!!]

MERCEDES-BENZ:
SL Challenge: MERCEDES-BENZ 300 SL Coupe '54 84-155 A-Spec [Changed Oil & Tyres to R-3s]

MG:
MG Festival: MGF '97 62-63 A-Spec [NO Mods!!!]

RENAULT:
Clio Trophy: RENAULT Clio Sport Trophy V6 24V Race Car '00 79ea A-Spec [NO Mods!!!]

TRIUMPH:
Spitfire Cup: TRIUMPH Spitfire 1500 '74 53ea A-Spec [NO Mods!!!]

TVR:
Blackpool Racer: TVR Cerbera Speed 12 '00 1ea A-Spec [NO Mods!!!]

VOLKSWAGEN:
GTI Cup: VOLKSWAGEN Golf I GTI '76 65-78 A-Spec [NO Mods!!!]

I was AMAZED :eek: at how much easier some of the races were this time! :eek: Especially the ultra low powered rides like the Citroen & Baby Subie! First time I needed tyres & more HP to best the "AI"...guess I've learned something in 9 months of GT4 after all! :lol::lol::lol:

As always...THANX for wading thru all this! 👍 PLEASE let me know if you find a mistake!!! Just hope it'll help someone to find a "Good Race" you may have overlooked!...O.G.
old.gif

I bet you mazda race with the concept type I race car no mods

first off, Welcome to gtplanet,

second, could you please try and make some sense when posting. I mean a little more detail than this would be nice.

third, try not to quote such a big post, edit the quote to only include the information you are quoting on.

fourth, try not to double post.

Fifth, again welcome to gtplanet, follow some basic rules and you will get on fine here. :)

I bet you mazda race with the concept type I race car no mods

Do you mean you used a different car other than the "PRIZE CAR" you are awarded to win this race? If so that is not in the spirit of what Old Geezer did here.

Does anyone know where i can get the fourmula GT other then in the nurburgring 24hr and the fourmula GT

As far as I know, The FGT is only available by winning the Nurb 24hr, or 100% game completion. Unless you have another memory card you can trade with.

Just realised you forgot the Tsukuba 9hr enduro.But a JGTC car against Road Cars won't be any fun so...

THANX GeeTeeR 👍 , post #1 amended & credit given. I've recently started playing again after nearly a 4 YEAR "Hiatus" :guilty: in hopeful anticipation of GT5 being worth the wait. I was going to wait until there were 12,000 thread views to post these three corrections but figured if GT5 comes out first no one would see them. Checking against Smallhorses' excellent resource [Found here/www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=75993/Post #38] I discovered two more omissions myself. The VOLKSWAGEN Nardo W16 was good for a relatively easy 200 points @ "Like The Wind" & I had not thought the MERCEDES-BENZ CLK Touring '00 was eligible for "Legends of the Silver Arrow" but it is. NO challenge however :guilty:, much like the Skyline @ Tsubuka. THANX Again...O.G.
old.gif

Last edited:
Since GT5 is now buried up SCE's arse, I want the FGT. 24hr Nurb this weekend. Some advice?????

Thanks in advance.

Since GT5 is now buried up SCE's arse, I want the FGT. 24hr Nurb this weekend. Some advice?????

Thanks in advance.

Gotta go to work, will get you some advice ASAP. Do NOT get too excited about the FGTs however. They're over matched for the F-1 Series & you'll have LOTS moer fun running it with a LeMans type ride...O.G.
old.gif

Hiya FishforRent:

Here's the opponent info I found:

• Opel Calibra Touring Car '94
  • AMG Mercedes 190 E Evol Touring Car '92
  • Nissan C-WEST RAZO SILVIA JGTC '01
  • BMW M3 GTR Race Car '01
  • Spoon S2000 Race Car '00
  • ASL ARTA Garaiya JGTC '03
  • ABT Audi TT-R Touring Car '02
Sounds like you intend to drive the whole thing yourself??? I did NOT as the 'Ring is NOT my favorite venue & I'm just NOT "Hardcore" enough to do 24 hours myself. Most likely I B-Speced it w/the Opel Astra Touring Car. "IF" I were to drive it I'd most likely use the BMW M3 GTR Race Car '01. Have driven it a bit lately & it's a real sweetheart. I'd buy all the race tyres but fit R-1s & run a few laps as a test. I suspect you can find a fun race w/little or no HP "Ups."
Hope this helps & let us know how you make out...O.G.
old.gif

Last edited:
Thanks OG! I completed it earlier this month. I chose the MB CLK Tourer. Stock with old oil (I've never changed it, EVER, in 3yrs of DTM races for $$$).
I planned on splitting time with 'Bob' but he continually disappointed me. The Beamer was in the field and besides the Falken GTR, was our only competition. I started the race and planned on trying to give 'Bob' some cushion before I turned it over to him, but I got a phone call that turned into a couple of errands, and upon my return I found 'Bob' had put us in third place almost a lap down (have no idea what he got himself into). So I had to put in a bunch of time solo.

Happily it all turned out well, as 'Bob' got his sea-legs back and began to improve his lap times so I let him put in the overnight stint. We won with half a lap to spare so the FGT is mine (yellow one). I wanted it to complete the FGT Championship to gain the sought after 100% completion goal, however the car itself is a disappointment.

I haven't started the FGT Championship yet, but I will have time it seems.(?)(#@$%, PD)👎

Thanks for your help. By the way, will an LMP car have success in the FGT Series?

Latest Posts

Back