Prize Cars

ScottPuss20

Pretty Kitty
Premium
Australia
Melbourne
ScottPuss20
CheetahsMeow
Prize cars were an integral part of the old games and really gave you a sense of achievement after completing an event, especially when you received something iconic, rare or expensive. I think it's an essential part of Gran Turismo and a necessity for GT7 if it's to emulate that classic experience. GT Sport got it completely wrong with the daily workout gift and that simply has to go. Make prize cars special again!

Here are a few possible suggestions:
Mercedes AMG Project 1
Mercedes AMG Petronas W08 EQ Power Plus
Ferrari FXX K
Porsche 911 GT1 Strassenversion
Ferrari 250 GTO
Ford Mustang GT350 Hertz
Lamborghini Veneno
Bugatti Centodieci
Jaguar XJR-15
Dodge Challenger Demon
McLaren P1 GT-R
Nissan GT-R 50
Cizeta Moroder V16 T Roadster
Porsche 935/78
Volvo/Cyan Racing P1800 Restomod
Mitsubishi Pajero Evolution
McLaren Senna
HSV GTS-R W1

Last edited:
My idea would be to bring back how prize cars often tied into the motif of the event, but also have some events offer multiple potential prize cars that all tie into the event, where one is picked at random. Some events would have just one prize car, some two, and some even four, but in any case, all prize cars would have something to do with the event.

So, as an example of this idea, the Nissan GT-R Cup could offer either the Nismo 400R, the Nissan GT-R Nismo ('17), the Nissan GT-R Nismo ('14), or the Nismo Skyline GT-R (R32) S-Tune.

Another example would be the All Japan GT Car Championships potentially offering either the Nissan Skyline GT-R (KPGC10), the Honda S800, or the Toyota 2000GT.

Yet another example would be the X2014 Nations Cup, which would get you the X2014 Fan Car. (As I don't see the point of rewarding another X2014 since you're required to have one already to enter the event!) Meanwhile, the Mercedes-AMG Grand Prix could reward you just the Mercedes-Benz VGT LM44 Edition, as the car used in this event was indeed driven by Lewis Hamilton.

Last edited:
I'm in two minds over this. On the one hand, prize cars are a staple of GT1-6 and therefore part of the GT experience. On the other hand, it's not terribly realistic to have a car as a prize for completing racing events, especially low level ones, so perhaps there is another more natural way certain cars can be gifted to you.

Sponsorship/manufacturer events seems like the most obvious one. Like those invitational events in GT6 with the hill climb, they could have manufactuers invite you to do PR events, or one-off events like the hill climb, and in return you get a car. Or as I say straight up sponsor perks, so you sign with Mercedes and every X amount of races, or so many wins or whatever, you get a new Merc.

If they do go back to the old one I absolutely disagree on multiple prizes, or rather, multiple unique prizes. Nothing worse than those GT2+4 events you had to keep winning multiple times, even the endurance races, only to not get gifted the car you wanted and couldn't get anywhere else, so had to keep doing them over. That's not fun.

Sponsorship/manufacturer events seems like the most obvious one. Like those invitational events in GT6 with the hill climb, they could have manufactuers invite you to do PR events, or one-off events like the hill climb, and in return you get a car. Or as I say straight up sponsor perks, so you sign with Mercedes and every X amount of races, or so many wins or whatever, you get a new Merc.

I could see there being events not just for certain brands associated with GT like Red Bull and the Goodwood Hillclimb, but also the formal partnerships for GT Sport, such as Mazda and Toyota - and Porsche, even if it's not an official partner. Then for brands like Michelin and BBS, you could still have events where you win prizes, like a new tire sticker and wheels respectively. Perhaps it could be how you obtain the Pilot Sport tire stickers and whichever BBS wheels they outfitted the cars with for the GT World Series event that was recent.

I also suppose if there are a large number of events in the campaign, it wouldn't be necessary to have multiple potential prize cars for any event.

Last edited:
My idea would be to bring back how prize cars often tied into the motif of the event, but also have some events offer multiple potential prize cars that all tie into the event, where one is picked at random. Some events would have just one prize car, some two, and some even four, but in any case, all prize cars would have something to do with the event.

So, as an example of this idea, the Nissan GT-R Cup could offer either the Nismo 400R, the Nissan GT-R Nismo ('17), the Nissan GT-R Nismo ('14), or the Nismo Skyline GT-R (R32) S-Tune.

Another example would be the All Japan GT Car Championships potentially offering either the Nissan Skyline GT-R (KPGC10), the Honda S800, or the Toyota 2000GT.

Yet another example would be the X2014 Nations Cup, which would get you the X2014 Fan Car. (As I don't see the point of rewarding another X2014 since you're required to have one already to enter the event!) Meanwhile, the Mercedes-AMG Grand Prix could reward you just the Mercedes-Benz VGT LM44 Edition, as the car used in this event was indeed driven by Lewis Hamilton.

This is a good idea. Also, you could get cars that get into the theme and serve you for future races. For example, in the FR challenge, you can win a powerful FR car for the FR+ challenge (a Jaguar F-type for example). In addition, in Gr. cups you could win a car of the next gr. For example, in Gr. 4 cup you win a Gr. 3 car.

I'm in two minds over this. On the one hand, prize cars are a staple of GT1-6 and therefore part of the GT experience. On the other hand, it's not terribly realistic to have a car as a prize for completing racing events, especially low level ones, so perhaps there is another more natural way certain cars can be gifted to you.

If they do go back to the old one I absolutely disagree on multiple prizes, or rather, multiple unique prizes. Nothing worse than those GT2+4 events you had to keep winning multiple times, even the endurance races, only to not get gifted the car you wanted and couldn't get anywhere else, so had to keep doing them over. That's not fun.
Multiple unique prizes were not a thing in GT4. But yes it should be a bit more realistic and correspond to manufacturer events, special events or be rewarded when you achieve a certain goal. Having a prize car for every event no matter how big or small makes them a bit less special. I threw many of GT4's early prize cars in the bin because they were either useless or boring.

Last edited:
Well if we get the Circuit Experience again, the prize car should be the car you're using to do the actual Circuit Experience or a car from that Group.

In Gran Turismo Sport, the main emphasis are on the GR.3 & GR.4 cars. The most common Groups used to complete Circuit Experience. There are some Gr.B and GR.1 cars as well.
The carousel should reflect this. If there are four to five cars spinning, each one should be collectable.

This was something GT3 had. Although sometimes I'd get the same car multiple times, the programming should recognise if the player has already acquired a specific car & color/trim/livery.

That's my take on it anyway.

It doesn't need to be more than one prize car per event. It is terrible game design to force the player to do the same event over and over again to collect em all. Additionally I don't want a prize car that is the actual car you would have used in the event itself...
For a normal event, no. The way Circuit Experience is, it makes sense to be gifted the car being used.

In GT6 I enjoyed winning Championships and receiving gift cars. But now GTS completely ruined it. No need for daily cars, by this way it kills the Brand Central as you don't need to visit it excluding your dream cars.

Last edited:
Prize cars are indeed part of GT's charm, such a shame that daily workout gift got everything wrong. I really hope they'll get rid of this.

However there's a little something on the trailer that might indicate the daily workout gift is (unfortunately) still there.

d2bfbee9-9ef0-418b-914f-cf7a8ce18489.jpg

Prize cars are indeed part of GT's charm, such a shame that daily workout gift got everything wrong. I really hope they'll get rid of this.

However there's a little something on the trailer that might indicate the daily workout gift is (unfortunately) still there.

View attachment 1062127
I hope that wont prize you with cars, instead, the mileage could be used for another reason — like getting a free upgrade for a car, I dunno, but please, anything but cars!

Last edited:
I hope that wont prize you with cars, instead, the mileage could be used for another reason — like getting a free upgrade for a car, I dunno, but please, anything but cars!
Paint jobs and driver suits/helmets could also be used for the random drop. Basically any of the side collectibles from GT5 could be used for the Daily Workout.

View attachment 1062127
I actually can't believe that never registered in the brain as many time I watched the trailer, damn.

I really hope its something similar to what @SuperKlonoaGT suggested. Paint chips and rims would be what I would prefer. Getting reward cars for free by simply doing a lap around the Nurburgring takes away so much satisfaction away from the car collecting process, and just bloats my garage with a bunch of useless Gr.3 and Gr.4 cars I have no interest in ever using. It was fine in GT Sport, having it in GT7's GT Mode would be a massive, massive mistake. It would singlehandedly ruin the singleplayer progression of the game.

For a normal event, no. The way Circuit Experience is, it makes sense to be gifted the car being used.
I'm not too sure about that, especially if they go with Gr.4/Gr.3/Gr.2/Gr.1 cars like in GT Sport's version of the event. If they decide to do that again, I'd reward cars that might have something to do with the course itself, such as its location, or a car that may be appropriate for the layout. So I might reward a Gr.3 car for Dragon Trail Seaside, and perhaps a Jaguar E-Type for Goodwood Circuit.

But if they go for a truly wide variety of cars - in the N-Series, the major groups, and Gr.X - then I think that would be a scenario where rewarding the car you drove would be more appropriate.

EDIT: Given that there does seem to be a larger emphasis on the world map in that initial reveal trailer for GT7, maybe the circuit experience mode could be divided into regions, where each region is similar to a license. So there would be three prize cars per region, as you'd be rewarded one for getting all bronzes, silvers, and golds. There'll likely be three regions: North/South America, EMEA, and Asia/Oceania. And much like the license tests in previous games, the prize cars could be from a radical variety of groups and classes.

EDIT2: Just using the GT Sport car list alone, here would be my picks for the three prize cars of each region, plus a hypothetical diamond reward:

Americas: Ford Mustang GT (2015), Dodge Viper Gr.4, Chevrolet Corvette C2, Fittipaldi EF7 VGT by Pininfarina

EMEA: Alfa Romeo 4C Launch Edition, Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport, Jaguar E-Type, Alpine VGT Race Mode

Asia/Oceania: Nissan Fairlady Z (Z33), Hyundai Genesis Gr.4, Toyota 2000GT, Lexus LF-LC VGT

EDIT3: As another alternative, there could be a large emphasis on the circuit experience prize cars having to do with a location, such as how the "F" in the Lexus RCF stands for "Fuji," or how the "N" part of the Hyundai "N" has to do with both the Nurburgring and the Namyang test center in South Korea. But I really like the idea of the circuit experience being divided into regions, and instead of there being a single prize car for each course, there could be multiple prize cars for each region.

EDIT4: I just think that, if you're loaned various Gr.4/Gr.3/Gr.2/Gr.1 cars for each circuit and then you win those same cars, then being given free race cars would diminish the pacing of the campaign. Especially for the latter two groups. Otherwise, I really liked the circuit experience in GT Sport, and I hope it returns in GT7.

I actually can't believe that never registered in the brain as many time I watched the trailer, damn.

I really hope its something similar to what @SuperKlonoaGT suggested. Paint chips and rims would be what I would prefer. Getting reward cars for free by simply doing a lap around the Nurburgring takes away so much satisfaction away from the car collecting process, and just bloats my garage with a bunch of useless Gr.3 and Gr.4 cars I have no interest in ever using. It was fine in GT Sport, having it in GT7's GT Mode would be a massive, massive mistake. It would singlehandedly ruin the singleplayer progression of the game.
Keep in mind that the initial reveal trailer could very well be from a much earlier build of GT7, and game development (from the little that I know) is very volatile. Tons of stuff can get added or scrapped at various points of development. I don't really want paint chips or rims, and I definitely agree that prize cars wouldn't be ideal, either. I think a simple credit or mileage point prize would be ideal, with said prize increasing for each subsequent day - or there could be a bonus if you complete your daily workout for a whole week, and/or a month, etc. like how in Pokemon GO, there are the Research Breakthroughs you can collect for every seven (consecutive or not) days you complete a research task.

Last edited:
I'm not too sure about that, especially if they go with Gr.4/Gr.3/Gr.2/Gr.1 cars like in GT Sport's version of the event. If they decide to do that again, I'd reward cars that might have something to do with the course itself, such as its location, or a car that may be appropriate for the layout. So I might reward a Gr.3 car for Dragon Trail Seaside, and perhaps a Jaguar E-Type for Goodwood Circuit.

But if they go for a truly wide variety of cars - in the N-Series, the major groups, and Gr.X - then I think that would be a scenario where rewarding the car you drove would be more appropriate.

EDIT: Given that there does seem to be a larger emphasis on the world map in that initial reveal trailer for GT7, maybe the circuit experience mode could be divided into regions, where each region is similar to a license. So there would be three prize cars per region, as you'd be rewarded one for getting all bronzes, silvers, and golds. There'll likely be three regions: North/South America, EMEA, and Asia/Oceania. And much like the license tests in previous games, the prize cars could be from a radical variety of groups and classes.

EDIT2: Just using the GT Sport car list alone, here would be my picks for the three prize cars of each region, plus a hypothetical diamond reward:

Americas: Ford Mustang GT (2015), Dodge Viper Gr.4, Chevrolet Corvette C2, Fittipaldi EF7 VGT by Pininfarina

EMEA: Alfa Romeo 4C Launch Edition, Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport, Jaguar E-Type, Alpine VGT Race Mode

Asia/Oceania: Nissan Fairlady Z (Z33), Hyundai Genesis Gr.4, Toyota 2000GT, Lexus LF-LC VGT

EDIT3: As another alternative, there could be a large emphasis on the circuit experience prize cars having to do with a location, such as how the "F" in the Lexus RCF stands for "Fuji," or how the "N" part of the Hyundai "N" has to do with both the Nurburgring and the Namyang test center in South Korea. But I really like the idea of the circuit experience being divided into regions, and instead of there being a single prize car for each course, there could be multiple prize cars for each region.

EDIT4: I just think that, if you're loaned various Gr.4/Gr.3/Gr.2/Gr.1 cars for each circuit and then you win those same cars, then being given free race cars would diminish the pacing of the campaign. Especially for the latter two groups. Otherwise, I really liked the circuit experience in GT Sport, and I hope it returns in GT7.

Keep in mind that the initial reveal trailer could very well be from a much earlier build of GT7, and game development (from the little that I know) is very volatile. Tons of stuff can get added or scrapped at various points of development. I don't really want paint chips or rims, and I definitely agree that prize cars wouldn't be ideal, either. I think a simple credit or mileage point prize would be ideal, with said prize increasing for each subsequent day - or there could be a bonus if you complete your daily workout for a whole week, and/or a month, etc. like how in Pokemon GO, there are the Research Breakthroughs you can collect for every seven (consecutive or not) days you complete a research task.
Even credits wouldn't be ideal, it would mess with the singleplayer progression of the game just like reward cars would. There is a good bit of people who think GT's singleplayer is boring. I'm sure even those people would agree that it wouldn't be fun to start playing the singleplayer in the 1st hour, and get a random reward of Cr. 100,000 because you got lucky in the daily workout reward.

Even credits wouldn't be ideal, it would mess with the singleplayer progression of the game just like reward cars would. There is a good bit of people who think GT's singleplayer is boring. I'm sure even those people would agree that it wouldn't be fun to start playing the singleplayer in the 1st hour, and get a random reward of Cr. 100,000 because you got lucky in the daily workout reward.
Maybe the reward - whether it's credits, something else, or a combination thereof - could correspond to your level, seeing how they're bringing that back. So lower-leveled players would get a smaller reward while higher-level players would get a larger reward, even though the hypothetical task to earn the reward wouldn't easier nor harder for either player.

Last edited:
Even credits wouldn't be ideal, it would mess with the singleplayer progression of the game just like reward cars would. There is a good bit of people who think GT's singleplayer is boring. I'm sure even those people would agree that it wouldn't be fun to start playing the singleplayer in the 1st hour, and get a random reward of Cr. 100,000 because you got lucky in the daily
A possible solution is to either have each track have say 3 different levels of Circuit Experience, Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced and each level puts you in a faster, more powerful car. The levels open up as you progress in the career or after you complete a certain percentage of Circuit Experiene tracks.

Winning a beginner trial would net you a lower powered car, intermediate something faster and advanced maight be a GR.3 race car or similar.

Alternatively, you can have each track just have the one trial in one set car but the tracks themselves are graded by complexity, so the beginner tracks like High Speed Ring would net you smaller rewards, more difficult tracks open up later and reward better cars/more Cr.

Last edited:
That's where driving school licence tests come into play. Those can offer road cars. Circuit Experience are primarily race cars. As it is in GT Sport.

In the Lewis Hamilton rewards, there are the F1, Group C and finally, AMG GT3. Depending on Gold, Silver and Bronze, respectfully. So, it's there to reward a higher level car, based on skill.

Le Mans CE uses the 919. If you Gold that, you get the 919. Silver, RSR, Bronze Cayman GT4.
I have to check my list ad to what car I actually received.

The Tsukuba CE, it uses the GR 4 EVO. I received the GR 4 Viper. May as well gift me the EVO.

A possible solution is to either have each track have say 3 different levels of Circuit Experience, Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced and each level puts you in a faster, more powerful car. The levels open up as you progress in the career or after you complete a certain percentage of Circuit Experiene tracks.

Winning a beginner trial would net you a lower powered car, intermediate something faster and advanced maight be a GR.3 race car or similar.

Alternatively, you can have each track just have the one trial in one set car but the tracks themselves are graded by complexity, so the beginner tracks like High Speed Ring would net you smaller rewards, more difficult tracks open up later and reward better cars/more Cr.
That's where driving school licence tests come into play. Those can offer road cars. Circuit Experience are primarily race cars. As it is in GT Sport.

In the Lewis Hamilton rewards, there are the F1, Group C and finally, AMG GT3. Depending on Gold, Silver and Bronze, respectfully. So, it's there to reward a higher level car, based on skill.

Le Mans CE uses the 919. If you Gold that, you get the 919. Silver, RSR, Bronze Cayman GT4.
I have to check my list ad to what car I actually received.

The Tsukuba CE, it uses the GR 4 EVO. I received the GR 4 Viper. May as well gift me the EVO.
I think it's more likely the regional grouping I had in mind will come into play before anything else, given the GT7 trailer's emphasis on the world and the three regions consisting of the Americas, EMEA, and Asia/Oceania. Besides, I don't recall any previous GT games where you were loaned the eventual prize car for an event. The prize car almost always seems to be something different, but also something that's relevant to the event. For example, the Goodwood Festival of Speed event in GT6 has you use an eclectic variety of cars, but none of them are potential prize cars. But the prize cars you do get for the FoS are still a similarly eclectic variety that you could imagine being assigned cars for the event regardless, such as the Plymouth XNR Roadster, the Citroen GT by Citroen Road Car, or the LCC Rocket.

And that's before we get into license tests. Anybody recall how in GT4, the Ford Model T was an all-golds prize for one of the licenses? Then there's the factor that for the GT Sport driving school, the various prize cars are mostly random, but with further limitations, like how completing Intermediate 3 gets you a random Gr.1 car. (Mine was the Alpine VGT 2017.)

Perhaps the Circuit Experience could be similar, but also combined with the idea I had that the prize cars could be regional. So here's my new idea, using the EMEA region as an example: getting all bronzes could grant you a random Gr.4 car from an automaker based in the EMEA region, while all silvers would get you a Gr.3 car from EMEA, and all golds would get you a random Gr.1 car, also from EMEA.

Now, as for the actual cars being assigned for players to use in the events, I'd hope it's more than just Gr.4/Gr.3 cars with the occasional Gr.1 car, but instead a truly large variety of cars that play into each location, like a Jaguar E-Type at Goodwood Circuit - though in GT Sport, I think it made perfect sense to assign the player a Porsche 919 for the Circuit de la Sarthe. For Fuji Speedway, a Lexus RCF - of any sort, whether it's the Gr.4, GT3, or the road car - would make perfect sense, given that the "F" stands for "Fuji."

Last edited:
This is my list of prize cars and total CR., for CE(hasn't changed since 13/9/2020 as many times I've started a new game since then). 36 cars from nearly all categories.
IMG_20210629_165236.jpg

After I collect these cars, I can jump into GT League and complete many categories through Endurance. Some cars I didn't get for the One Make series(MX-5, Clio, Supra, Mini/MINI, Beetle, Alpine, Raptor, 911 GT3). Pretty much I can buy the required cars with that amount of Cr.

Even if CE gave me all 36 Gr.1/GR 3/GR.4 cars, we are defaulted when attempting CE, the Cr. earned is still enough to buy many required cars.

I'm fine with prize cars - the way it has to work is that all the cars are accessible online, and that it's limited by progression in GT League/offline only. I hate content locked behind grinding, especially when the grind isn't challenging, only tedious

Agreed that the daily prize should go

The roulette animation must go as well

Someone playing GT every day since launch would've cumulatively spent approximately ten hours watching roulette animations for daily prize cars, 99% of which are going to be cars you already have or are easily affordable so the care factor is zero

The ability to sell prize cars must be there, especially when they're a chore to get rid of.

I also agree on the comments about making it more realistic, I don't know how, but it needs thought, and PD have a mixed record at best when it comes to coming up with new ideas that don't stink

Last edited:
Wait, I had an idea. What if the Daily Workout merely rewarded experience points instead of a car, credits, or Mileage Points? I think that'd make the most thematic sense, as playing more often means you're honing your skill, i.e. building experience.

Last edited:
Back