Prize money

• Thread starter wobbleguts
  • 3 comments
Australia
Australia
Hi,

Why is the prize money 'estimated' on AI races. I'm in the professional league and never really took any notice of what I got paid for a win before . But on the last 2 races the estimated prize for a win was 100,000, but I got 140,000. Not complaining but what does it mean? The post race screen in the prize box says 'Car Handicap +40%',and the same in the ''Experience' box.

Why is there a car handicap? Happy to take it.

What does added experience bring to the game?

Hi,

Why is the prize money 'estimated' on AI races. I'm in the professional league and never really took any notice of what I got paid for a win before . But on the last 2 races the estimated prize for a win was 100,000, but I got 140,000. Not complaining but what does it mean? The post race screen in the prize box says 'Car Handicap +40%',and the same in the ''Experience' box.

Why is there a car handicap? Happy to take it.

What does added experience bring to the game?
Any of the campaign events which feature road cars will have a “max tune”. For example, in the Festa Cavallino, the max level a car can be is N600. In the Premium Sports Lounge, max level is N1000. If you complete the event with a car that is a lower level than the listed max, you get the handicap bonus, which increases for every level that your car is below the max. Again for example, if you complete a Premium Sports Lounge event (N1000) with an N300 car, the handicap bonus is something like 140%.

Additionally, there is another bonus called the Clean Race Bonus (CRB). This is an additional 50% bonus on top of the Handicap bonus. To get the CRB, you must complete the event without making contact with any walls/barriers, any other vehicles, and your car must stay at least 2 wheels on the circuit (there’s lots of minor exceptions, but that’s the general rule).

So, let’s say you do an event that pays out 100,000 for 1st place, and you use a car that will reward you with a handicap bonus of 40%. In this case, 1st would reward 140,000 credits. If you get the CRB as well, you get an additional 50% of the 140k, which is 70k. So in total, for a race that pays 100k with a 40% handicap and the CRB, the total payout will be 210,000 credits.

Remember, the handicap bonus ONLY applies to road car events that use the Nxxx classification. Clean Race Bonus can be won in any event.

This is the main way people farm credits in this game. You can use N300 and N400 cars to win some of the Premium Sports Lounge events, and get a massive handicap multiplier, plus the CRB. Many of these races don’t take very long, so repeating them over and over nets a lot of credits in not very much time.

Last edited:
Any of the campaign events which feature road cars will have a “max tune”. For example, in the Festa Cavallino, the max level a car can be is N600. In the Premium Sports Lounge, max level is N1000. If you complete the event with a car that is a lower level than the listed max, you get the handicap bonus, which increases for every level that your car is below the max. Again for example, if you complete a Premium Sports Lounge event (N1000) with an N300 car, the handicap bonus is something like 140%.

Additionally, there is another bonus called the Clean Race Bonus (CRB). This is an additional 50% bonus on top of the Handicap bonus. To get the CRB, you must complete the event without making contact with any walls/barriers, any other vehicles, and your car must stay at least 2 wheels on the circuit (there’s lots of minor exceptions, but that’s the general rule).

So, let’s say you do an event that pays out 100,000 for 1st place, and you use a car that will reward you with a handicap bonus of 40%. In this case, 1st would reward 140,000 credits. If you get the CRB as well, you get an additional 50% of the 140k, which is 70k. So in total, for a race that pays 100k with a 40% handicap and the CRB, the total payout will be 210,000 credits.

Remember, the handicap bonus ONLY applies to road car events that use the Nxxx classification. Clean Race Bonus can be won in any event.

This is the main way people farm credits in this game. You can use N300 and N400 cars to win some of the Premium Sports Lounge events, and get a massive handicap multiplier, plus the CRB. Many of these races don’t take very long, so repeating them over and over nets a lot of credits in not very much time.

Thanks for the explantion Twitcher - very helpful. Had no idea there was a CRB bonus but it's a good idea. It should make racing more realistic.

Back