The Easiest Ways to Make Money and XP in Gran Turismo Sport

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 926 comments
Level 50 is my last trophy needed for Platinum. I have been doing Nostalgic La Sarthe. But I was wondering if there are other races that are good for XP. The Blue Moon X-Bow rubber band trip is great for credits, but bad for XP (leaving the console on six hours for the same XP I can get in twenty minutes doing it myself - not worth the wear and tear on the console).

Nostalgic gives 4,950 XP for a seven-minute race (with clean race bonus). That's roughly 60,000 XP per hour.

However, are there any races out there that give a better XP/hour? I don't care about credits. It could give me 25 for all I care. I was just wondering about possible better XP/hour races.

Thanks.

Gr.1 Monza will give 6,300 XP for a clean race.
It's too late in my neck of the woods for maths.....:cheers:

... Nostalgic gives 4,950 XP for a seven-minute race (with clean race bonus). That's roughly 60,000 XP per hour. ...

Is there a typo somewhere ? ... as your calculation is not quite correct.

4.950 XP / 7 min = 42.400 XP per hour. The Premium Lounge event on BMB with the N300 X-BOW gives you 8.250 XP / 11 min 45 sec = 42.100 XP per hour. If you factor in the number of restarts and the time it takes, both events are on par.

So you at least have an alternative if one gets too boring :D ...

Is there a typo somewhere ? ... as your calculation is not quite correct.

4.950 XP / 7 min = 42.400 XP per hour. The Premium Lounge event on BMB with the N300 X-BOW gives you 8.250 XP / 11 min 45 sec = 42.100 XP per hour. If you factor in the number of restarts and the time it takes, both events are on par.

So you at least have an alternative if one gets too boring :D ...

Yes, definitely botched the math. Thanks for the correction and the suggestion!

I posted this in another thread, but maybe someone might find it useful and expand upon the Excel-file. Hopefully this doesn't break any double-posting rules! Find the original thread here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-minute-in-version-1-41.389009/#post-12822183

Here's a short list of races that give the highest cash/min and mileage points/min (for version 1.41). It's based on my average time so you might get slightly more or slightly less depending on your car, setup, and whether you take/exploit shortcuts or not. Attached is an Excel-file that's more in-depth with all the races available up to version 1.41. You're free to update, edit and repost the file if you wish! (XP/min might be a good addition!)

Top 5 - Money

League: Professional
Class: X2014 Nations Cup
Race: 5
Track: Circuit de la Sarthe
Cash/min: 26488
MP/min: 67,95
Car: Red Bull X2014 Standard
Time: 8 min 41 secs
Credits: 230.000

Class: Nostalgic 1979
Race: 1
Track: Autodromo Nazionale Monza No Chicane
Cash/min: 25946
MP/min: 82,70
Car: Ferrari 330 P4 '67
Time: 6 min 10 secs
Credits: 160.000

Race: 2
Track: Circuit de la Sarthe No Chicane
Cash/min: 24870
MP/min: 77,72
Time: 6 min 26 secs

Class: Group 1 Cup
Cash/min: 22680
MP/min: 60,82
Car: Dodge SRT Tomahawk VGT (Gr.1)
Time: 9 min 42 secs
Credits: 220.000

Race: 7
Track: Kyoto Driving Park - Yamagiwa+Miyabi
Cash/min: 21188
MP/min: 56,82
Time: 10 min 23 secs

Top 5 - Mileage Points:

League: Beginner
Class: Sunday Cup
Track: Northern Isle Speedway
Cash/min: 2804
MP/min: 207,48
Car: Peugeot L500R HYbrid VGT 2017
Time: 1 min 47 secs
Credits: 5.000

Class: Stars & Stripes
Track: Blue Moon Bay Speedway - Infield B
Cash/min: 6094
MP/min: 182,81
Car: Dodge SRT Tomahawk S VGT
Time: 2 min 8 secs
Credits: 13.000

Class: FF Challenge
Track: Blue Moon Bay Speedway II
Cash/min: 2057
MP/min: 137,14
Car: Renault Clio R.S. 220 Trophy '16
Time: 2 min 55 secs
Credits: 7.000

League:
Beginner
Track: Suzuka Circuit East Course
Cash/min: 1765
MP/min: 134,12
Car: Peugeot L500R HYbrid VGT 2017
Time: 2 min 50 secs
Credits: 5.000

Class: Stars & Stripes
Race: 4
Track: Circuit de Sainte-Croix - A
Cash/min: 4149
MP/min: 124,47
Car: Dodge SRT Tomahawk S VGT
Time: 3 min 8 secs
Credits: 13.000

Attachments

• GT Sport - Mileage Points.xls
    71.5 KB · Views: 55
Level 50 is my last trophy needed for Platinum. I have been doing Nostalgic La Sarthe. But I was wondering if there are other races that are good for XP. The Blue Moon X-Bow rubber band trip is great for credits, but bad for XP (leaving the console on six hours for the same XP I can get in twenty minutes doing it myself - not worth the wear and tear on the console).

Nostalgic gives 4,950 XP for a seven-minute race (with clean race bonus). That's roughly 60,000 XP per hour.

However, are there any races out there that give a better XP/hour? I don't care about credits. It could give me 25 for all I care. I was just wondering about possible better XP/hour races.

Thanks.

Hi there.
I don't have a lot of time these days to play this game as much as I want, but I'm sick of driving junk cars and would really love to buy some of my dream cars in this game.
Could you go in a little more detail on this blue moon xbow rubber band trick please?

Thought I report back here too for everyone especially interested in mileage points.

Top 5 - Mileage Points:

Track: Northern Isle Speedway
Cash/min: 2804
MP/min: 207,48 ...

This is my gold MP race :
100 wins under my belt already, a full power / weight upgrade for my Mk IV and ready for update 1.42 :) ...
Got my racetime down below 1 min 40 sec with the N300 X-BOW ( the legendary one ) so you get about
11.000 MP as well as 250.000 CR per hour.

Anyone got tips to win the Nostalgic 1979 at Goodwood? I know the other races are better/easier options but in the interest of variety this would be a nice alternative, but I can't even get within visual distance of the leader in the vintage Ferrari.

Its basically git gud, keep your car ON the track, dont make mistakes, roll a slow grid and use the 330p4.

I'm not good at this class at all an I was like less than 5 secs behind a 330 in a Daytona.

There will be races where there's like 3 x 330p4's and you wont have a hope. There are other races where there's a single 330 and you're in with a chance.

Also try to overtake cleanly and do it quickly. You can get stuck in mid pack and the rabbits run away.

You dont have a heap of time as goodwood is a 1'15" track so the race is over pretty damn quick.

So, I FINALLY reached level 50 today (welcome prize to Diamond Driver Club?? A decal :grumpy: ). Boy, level 49 took forever!

To give an overview of what it took:

Logged on days - 213
Miles (KM) driven - 47,043.
Credits earned - 116,277,960
Mileage Points - 605,210

Campaign Races Won - 609 of which:

Blue Moon (Premium Sports)- 52
Monza (Gr 1) - 106
La Sarthe (Nostalgia 79) - 167

Those stats just taken off the screen today.

I earned enough at BMB to get my first Unicorn, the Jag. I tried the X-Bow and couldn't get on with it, so I went for higher rated cars and less prize money. As soon as I had the Jag, it was bye-bye to BMB and hello La Sarthe!
Later on Monza was added to the Gr.1 races and it paid well, was really enjoyable and made a change from La Sarthe!

As I knew I was going to get it (had only about 2,000 points to get) I decided to do it in style - in the Jag, original livery at La Sarthe. :cheers:

EDIT - PS, I hope this isn't taken as bragging - it's not meant that way! Just trying to offer encouragement to those who see level 50 as a lot of XP points away! While you're building XP, everything else is building up too. And it absolutely does not have to be a chore - you're better off picking races you enjoy than getting stuck in a rut to max the XP.

Last edited:
For those of you going for level 50 here are 5 races that yields the greatest XP for me. Naturally, depending on your driving style, clean race bonus, and whether you take shortcuts or not will affect the yield. I drive dirty and go for speed over handling so you can probably get better times than the ones listed below. Hope it's useful! :)

Top 5 - XP (Clean Race Bonus):

XP (with Clean Race Bonus): 535,14 (CRB 802,70)

XP (with Clean Race Bonus): 512,95 (CRB 769,43)

XP (with Clean Race Bonus): 511,90 (CRB 767,43)

XP (with Clean Race Bonus): 432,99 (CRB 649,48)

XP (with Clean Race Bonus): 404,49 (CRB 606,74)

Im thinking of uninstalling the game back to patch 1.01 and starting again using glitches. All I need is rank 50 and it is taking forever. Currently rank 47

Finally have all the cars for all of the events mentioned so far in this thread that give the best Credits per time.
Here's what I got, the times I put in here are the "average rounded" times. I can get like 5 seconds faster in all of these but that depends on the cars I get on the field and their starting positions since sometimes when overtaking I have to slow down a lot in some corners to get the clean race bonus.

----- Red Bull X2014 Nations Cup-La Sarthe - Red Bull X2014 Standart - 9:05 - 345.000 Cr - 6450 XP - 580 Miles - ~633 Cr. per second + ~11,8 XP per second.
----- Gr. 1-Monza - Dodge SRT Tomahawk Gr. 1 - 8:50 - 330.000 Cr. - 6300 XP - 670 Miles - ~622,7 Cr. per second + ~11,9 XP per second.
----- Nostalgic 79-La Sarthe - Ferrari 330 P4 - 6:50 - 240.000 Cr. - 4950 XP - 510 Miles - ~585,4 Cr. per second + ~12,1 XP per second.
----- Premium Sports-Blue Moon Bay - KTM X-Bow R - 11:50 - 375.000 Cr. - 8250 XP - 750 Miles - ~528,2 Cr. per second + ~11,6 XP per second.

Not only is the Red Bull X2014 on La Sarthe the best grind for credits, I also find it the most enjoyable, I really love cars with lots of downforce. The only thing that bothers me slightly is the sound of the car, a little bit too high pitched for my taste.
A sub 9 minute run on this race is pretty possible, done it a few times at 8:58 but I can't do it constantly. We are human so we are bound to make mistakes here and there.

Still, when I get bored of one, I go to the Gr. 1 Monza and the Nostalgic La Sarthe. Haven't done BMB much at all, it's considerably worse and much boring, but I still do it once in a long while when I feel like it.

Pretty much bought all cars that are worth 20 million, now I'm gunning for the 10-15 million cars.

Finally have all the cars for all of the events mentioned so far in this thread that give the best Credits per time.
Here's what I got, the times I put in here are the "average rounded" times. I can get like 5 seconds faster in all of these but that depends on the cars I get on the field and their starting positions since sometimes when overtaking I have to slow down a lot in some corners to get the clean race bonus.

----- Red Bull X2014 Nations Cup-La Sarthe - Red Bull X2014 Standart - 9:05 - 345.000 Cr - 6450 XP - 580 Miles - ~633 Cr. per second + ~11,8 XP per second.
----- Gr. 1-Monza - Dodge SRT Tomahawk Gr. 1 - 8:50 - 330.000 Cr. - 6300 XP - 670 Miles - ~622,7 Cr. per second + ~11,9 XP per second.
----- Nostalgic 79-La Sarthe - Ferrari 330 P4 - 6:50 - 240.000 Cr. - 4950 XP - 510 Miles - ~585,4 Cr. per second + ~12,1 XP per second.
----- Premium Sports-Blue Moon Bay - KTM X-Bow R - 11:50 - 375.000 Cr. - 8250 XP - 750 Miles - ~528,2 Cr. per second + ~11,6 XP per second.

Not only is the Red Bull X2014 on La Sarthe the best grind for credits, I also find it the most enjoyable, I really love cars with lots of downforce. The only thing that bothers me slightly is the sound of the car, a little bit too high pitched for my taste.
A sub 9 minute run on this race is pretty possible, done it a few times at 8:58 but I can't do it constantly. We are human so we are bound to make mistakes here and there.

Still, when I get bored of one, I go to the Gr. 1 Monza and the Nostalgic La Sarthe. Haven't done BMB much at all, it's considerably worse and much boring, but I still do it once in a long while when I feel like it.

Pretty much bought all cars that are worth 20 million, now I'm gunning for the 10-15 million cars.

Very helpful analysis, thanks!

Anyone got tips to win the Nostalgic 1979 at Goodwood? I know the other races are better/easier options but in the interest of variety this would be a nice alternative, but I can't even get within visual distance of the leader in the vintage Ferrari.
I ran a 7:52.869 last night clean in a 330 P4, even though i bumped two cars in the rear and cut a corner with all four tires off the track.
Search "goodwood752" if you want to watch video.
I'm using stock suspension , RS tires but have it geared to not use 5th. Max downforce BB -2
Twice each lap you will hit 300+ kph , it's scarey as hell the first few dozen laps but once you know the track,where to shift ,pass ,brake
it's an absolute blast!:lol:

I did a 1:13 first lap which is kind of slow , 1:09 - 1:10 is very doable.
And then ran 6 consecutive 1:06.xxx laps ,.... felt really good!
It took me alot of races to get to this point but made a ton of credits and had alot of fun doing it.
Next goal is to get under 7:50.:cheers:

Edit: Well , i thought i had this tracks AI figured out but i was wrong.
Did one race the other day, changed up field of cars and was greeted by L. Randolph who ran an avg. 7:47 with a best time of 7:44, i managed one win in six races.
Did lower my PB to 7:46.404, Best races i've found yet in this game !

Last edited:
Here’s my Ferrari 330 P4 setup that I use for St Croix, Goodwood, and Sardegna. I have a slightly different setup for Monza and Le Mans. I’m using stock power and weight, on RH tires, just purely for fun. It’s still more than enough to win any of these events with ease.

And here’s a vid of me doing Goodwood, an AI P4 starting on pole. Did it in 8:24 with the clean race bonus, still passed the lead P4 with more than 2.5 laps left. Not the cleanest run, I still don’t know this track that well, and kept getting distracted by YouTube lol.

Last edited:
Here’s my Ferrari 330 P4 setup that I use for St Croix, Goodwood, and Sardegna. I have a slightly different setup for Monza and Le Mans. I’m using stock power and weight, on RH tires, just purely for fun. It’s still more than enough to win any of these events with ease.

And here’s a vid of me doing Goodwood, an AI P4 starting on pole. Did it in 8:24 with the clean race bonus, still passed the lead P4 with more than 2.5 laps left. Not the cleanest run, I still don’t know this track that well, and kept getting distracted by YouTube lol.

I watched until you took the lead.... great driving, well done!

This isn’t necessarily the best credit/hour, but the Premium Lounge event at St Croix is one of my favourite races to do if I only have a short time to play. I use an N300 Ferrari GTO on Sport Soft tires, and it usually takes me about 20 minutes for the 375k payout (that’s with the Clean Race bonus). There’s other races that you can do in less time, but I find this one to be more enjoyable than most of the others. It’s a fun way to knock of the daily mileage to get the daily car reward, and 375k on top of that.

I just recently bought the Aston Martin DB3S...I’d heard it could win the La Sarthe Nostalgic ‘79 race, but I thought it would be a struggle like it is with the Daytona Coupe. The DB3S is a rocket ship when it’s fully upgraded!! I stuck with Racing Hard tires, just for a more slidy feeling, but went max power and stage 3 weight reduction. It hits 360kph on the Mulsanne, 370 in the draft lol. My new favourite car to use for farming credits at this event, a nice change from the P4. Definitely took me a while to adjust to the braking distances.

I could also win Monza with the DB3S, even against a P4 starting in 1st place. Passed him on the entry to Parabolica on the final lap :)

So recently I find the All Japan GT Championship Sardegna race to be my new place to grind credits for.

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20190902110018_1.png

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20190902110025.png

Just like the Maggiore race, have your preferred GT500 car to be maxed out in HP and lowest weight and have racing softs on. The reason I like this race is because it gives you the extra challenge of avoiding backmarkers especially aiming for that clean race bonus.

Nostalgic 1979 in 250 gto is actually very entertaining. With stock tune fully upgraded you will struggle a bit to keep it clean, but its a good fun and doable. Propably even mediocre difficulty with some tune to corner and brake more stable - but I dont know if I want to ruin the fun in stock tune. :cheers::lol:

To not use curbs for clean race i think is a bit steep from PDI.

hehe, it is actually possible to have some fun i gt leauge and earn som decent cash as well. Say what u want about the Ai, and I agree its annoying sometimes, but it can be fun overtaking everybody with a n100 car in a n500 class. I recommend nordschelife in sunday cup. Think its circus 100.000,- for 10 minutes. If clean.

600.000,- pr hour, x 40 hours= 240.000.00,-
306.231.290,-:240.000.00,- = 12.750 weeks to earn enough to buy all cars.

ecological enough for ya? :D

I’m quoting you from a different thread, but reposting it here in hopes of getting something constructive out of this, as opposed to that gong show of a thread where this came from :lol:

I just tried that event using an N100 AE86. I’ll admit, it was pretty fun, and I found it to be quite a challenge, which is rare in GT League lol. I had to dial in my transmission tune pretty good, and the event was some good testing to tune the suspension.

As far as earning 100k every 10 min, that won’t be happening. With the N100 car and the clean race bonus, the payout was 85,500 credits. Not the worst payout ever, but when you compare it to the Nostalgia 1979 events where you can earn 240k in roughly 7 minutes, it doesn’t compare at all.

I’m quoting you from a different thread, but reposting it here in hopes of getting something constructive out of this, as opposed to that gong show of a thread where this came from :lol:

I just tried that event using an N100 AE86. I’ll admit, it was pretty fun, and I found it to be quite a challenge, which is rare in GT League lol. I had to dial in my transmission tune pretty good, and the event was some good testing to tune the suspension.

As far as earning 100k every 10 min, that won’t be happening. With the N100 car and the clean race bonus, the payout was 85,500 credits. Not the worst payout ever, but when you compare it to the Nostalgia 1979 events where you can earn 240k in roughly 7 minutes, it doesn’t compare at all.
240k in 7 minutes, now we're taking this planet to a another level.

Last edited:
@MatskiMonk

I Moved your post to this thread. To avoid posting a lot of offtopic messages in the other thread :-)

@klondike

Further to this...

... just ran the race again using an SF-R Racing with sports softs level 3 weight reduction and turned down to just class as N200 and I'd taken the FT-1 for the lead on lap 3, so maybe I'd never bothered with the sports softs before, it used to be much closer IIRC

Anyhow... paid 128,250 inc. 90% handicap and 50% CRB.

... 'scuse the lazy driving, it's getting late.

But thanks again for another alternative suggestion what to grind. I tryed this combination a few times. Its fun but not that easy for me to get a clean race. I can get to first position rather easy, but for me its a bit harder to loose the FT-1. Its very agresive and often it pushes me offroad. So far I won the races a few times but only 1 time was clean.

Still fun, not the most effective but its a fun litle combination. The SF-R Racing is like its on rails. Very easy to handle :-)

@MatskiMonk
But thanks again for another alternative suggestion what to grind. I tryed this combination a few times. Its fun but not that easy for me to get a clean race. I can get to first position rather easy, but for me its a bit harder to loose the FT-1. Its very agresive and often it pushes me offroad. So far I won the races a few times but only 1 time was clean.

Still fun, not the most effective but its a fun litle combination. The SF-R Racing is like its on rails. Very easy to handle :-)

All I'd suggest with many of these GTLeague races, is not to battle too hard to get to the front straight away. The AI can't handle more than a certain amount of lateral scrub during cornering, when it detects it, it normally stands on the brakes - where human players would normally leave it knowing they'll still make the corner. Most people get frustrated by this because it seems like the AI is brake checking you, but really it's not. The last corner at Brands is a good example, many cars get half way through the bend, run wide a bit, brake hard then try and get down to the inside line. They loose a ton of time like this and you'll probably notice them doing it the same places over and over again. It's often just not worth trying to tailgate them and pop out at the last second, or trying to run side by side tight through fast apexes - it's just too easy to loose the CRB.

With this race, the SF-R will be faster through basically all the fast bends than the FT-1, though the FT-1 will kill it on the straights. Don't be afraid to back out of a corner and loose a place to it, it'll help you save your clean race bonus and the chances are you'll get past him again on the exit of the next bend. The AI will turn in on you if you don't have suitable overlap, so unless you know you can stick it down the inside without outbraking yourself, hang back and use superior corner exit speed to overtake. Stirlings (the penultimate 90° left) is generally a good place to try, you can get fully side by side before the apex simply braking in a straight line, and if you manage that the AI won't turn in on you.

Finishing second with the CRB would get you 79,800, winning without the CRB gets you 85,500, so you don't loose that much by being cautious, and you might begin to work out the specific weaknesses of the AI if you spend more time following them, than just trying to nail it down the inside each corner.

@klondike

Ran that Brands Hatch race again last night on Sports Hard tyres and the FT-1 was on my ass for 3 laps, only won by about half a second. He does seem to get a bit more fighty when he's close, and hit me twice whilst overtaking. Again, I made sure I just passed him cleanly and didn't nudge him back, so I still got the CRB. Much closer race, but still possible.

For those of you going for level 50 here are 5 races that yields the greatest XP for me. Naturally, depending on your driving style, clean race bonus, and whether you take shortcuts or not will affect the yield. I drive dirty and go for speed over handling so you can probably get better times than the ones listed below. Hope it's useful! :)

Top 5 - XP (Clean Race Bonus):

XP (with Clean Race Bonus): 535,14 (CRB 802,70)

XP (with Clean Race Bonus): 512,95 (CRB 769,43)

XP (with Clean Race Bonus): 511,90 (CRB 767,43)

XP (with Clean Race Bonus): 432,99 (CRB 649,48)

XP (with Clean Race Bonus): 404,49 (CRB 606,74)

Hi zacscy. I just want to start off by thanking you for posting this info. It's very helpful and I will reference for future races. With that having been said, I don't understand parts of your post. For example, I just did the Monza race with the Ferrari 330. I got the clean race bonus and made around $240,000 credits, but my XP was only around 4900XP or so. But according to your post above, You say I should have gained...either 53,514XP or 80,270XP? Is this correct? Why do you have two figures....one is 535,14 and then in parenthesis you have "(CRB 802,70)". If they're both clean race bonus figures, then why are there two? What does the first figure represent?

Also, I apologize if this is a stupid question, but why do you have your comma(",") in those figures in front of the second digit? Is that a UK thing? In the US, are they really supposed to be 53,514XP or 80,270XP?

Anyway what do I have to do to my 330 in order to achieve that amount? My power ratio is max. Does that have anything to do with it? Please clarify.

@isamu

If I understand his figures, the numbers quoted for XP are per minute, and the comma "," are decimal separators, not thousand separators.

Based on your 4900 XP for the races, and the 6:10 time he posted in his list, that would give about 795.45 XP per minute (including CRB) - which is roughly equal to his stated 802.7 XP.

He states two figures, the first is without CRB, and the figure in brackets includes the CRB.

Think of it like this...

XP/Min: 535.14
XP/Min (with Clean Race Bonus): 802.7

.. you're not going to win 80,000 XP for any single race, if that's what you're hoping (Maybe rubber banding for 24 hours, but I don't really know about that)

@isamu

If I understand his figures, the numbers quoted for XP are per minute, and the comma "," are decimal separators, not thousand separators.

Based on your 4900 XP for the races, and the 6:10 time he posted in his list, that would give about 795.45 XP per minute (including CRB) - which is roughly equal to his stated 802.7 XP.

He states two figures, the first is without CRB, and the figure in brackets includes the CRB.

Think of it like this...

.. you're not going to win 80,000 XP for any single race, if that's what you're hoping (Maybe rubber banding for 24 hours, but I don't really know about that)

Thank you for the explanation sir, much appreciated.

Back