Pro Vitz Beaten!

Gran Turismo7058

(Banned)
Messages
4,860
YES, Just beat it I think one hour ago. My reward was the Castrol Tom's Supra.
 
sweet!!
nive prize car too :)

well done, doing a writeup?
 
At least tell us what you did to get there so we can copy.

Only joking.

I have a car setup I am happy with. I just need to find the gear ratios to suit the tracks.
 
All I did is soften the Spring rate and put Hard tyres, and, Sports Muffler, Stage 2 turbo, and I believe thats all. Just Race, with Hard tyres ( Super-Slicks) Should last you all race. But stay with the pack don't let even 2 of the AI get away. Thats all.
 
Originally posted by ving
soften the springs???

I assume that means soften the rear springs ie lower value for the rear springs to remove some of the understeer.
 
Oh man, I've been putting this one off for awhile. As I'm about 95% I guess the time is approaching though. Very nice prize car indeed. I just saved my cash and bought the car though. It's what I use for the majority of my races.
 
i was picturing this vitz cornering like a bowl of jelly :D
 
The Test Course Race is the longest. It took me 25 minutes and I was doing 152 mph. On Laguna Seca the AI pits on lap 6, so just cruise with the AI until they pit and you should have a 10 to 15 second lead. On Rome they pit on lap 5, so try and get a lead as early as possible, like qualify first so you can block them on the very first turn. My Vitz had a Total of 275 HP on the road courses and on Test Course I boosted to 291 HP and wided the gears to 39.
 
Originally posted by ving
i was picturing this vitz cornering like a bowl of jelly :D
mmmm Jello....sounds tasty rite now but too bad i don't have any....=(
 
Originally posted by Josh7058
All I did is soften the Spring rate and put Hard tyres, and, Sports Muffler, Stage 2 turbo, and I believe thats all. Just Race, with Hard tyres ( Super-Slicks) Should last you all race. But stay with the pack don't let even 2 of the AI get away. Thats all.

Can you remember how your tires were at the end ? I have always heard that you can get away with the second hardest tires and still not pit.
 
Originally posted by Josh7058
Yea, its possible, But Im not taking that chance.

I must be a very ordinary driver. I need all the help I can get.
 
actually it seems like a sensible way to run it gumpy...
 
gumpy my friend, when you've completed the Vitz Pro, d'you reckon you could give me your settings and gear ratios for all the tracks? Thanks.
 
Oh i can remember this race

I left this one till the very end as it was doing my nut in..
It took me three attempts to crack it

The first 3 races seem easy enough but comming the fourth you really need to start tunning the thing

I will have a look to see if i still have my settings etc and i will post them up :)
 
Originally posted by gumpy
I assume that means soften the rear springs ie lower value for the rear springs to remove some of the understeer.
Well, it turns out he was hardening the springs (moving the value slider to the right) anyway, but I just wanted to say that you would stiffen the rear springs and dampers (and stabilizers) to eliminate the understeer.

Der Alta has a pretty good writeup on the Writeups board; or look in his Compendium for more info.

Having wrapped up the All-Japan Pro last night, maybe I'll tackle the Vitz series next. I remember really liking my Vitz from the early days.
 
I also recently won this, but had to skip SSR11 2, i couldn't get that stupid little car to habdle the hairpins well enough, i could be 10 secs behind after one lap, as i got to second, and on one hairpin the AI nailed me, smacking me into a wall :mad: :banghead:
 
Originally posted by neon_duke
Well, it turns out he was hardening the springs (moving the value slider to the right) anyway, but I just wanted to say that you would stiffen the rear springs and dampers (and stabilizers) to eliminate the understeer.

Does this explain what I have been doing wrong all this time.

My theory for FF cars with understeer is to give lower values (I assume this is the opposite of stiffen) for all the rear suspension settings. This is to make the rear of the car lose traction and slide around.

All I know is I got a setup of the net (can't remember where) that got me the Rome race.

Anyway, I tried to pre race the final race last night and gave up. I have decided to try something novel and pick a tire compound that only gets me 5 laps (most people recommend no pit stops). At least this way I should know pretty early on in the race how I am going.
 
Yes, to combat understeer (particularly FWD acceleration understeer) you want to increase the rear spring rate and damper stiffness. This makes the tires do all the work of conforming to the track surface, and consequently it decreases their traction.
 
I also recently won this, but had to skip SSR11 2, i couldn't get that stupid little car to habdle the hairpins well enough, i could be 10 secs behind after one lap, as i got to second, and on one hairpin the AI nailed me, smacking me into a wall

It's may get ahead of you at first, but they will have to pit by the end of Lap 5. So long as you are at least 10 sec behind the leader, they won't beat you at the end. Just use the Super-Slicks.

By the way, I recommend using Super-Slicks for the front tires and Slicks for the rear tires. It gives you a little better control around corners :D
 
Thats what i did for most f the other races, w/superslicks front, slicks rear, but i just got annoyed by getting beaten so much. The dumb thing is in qualifying i was only 1 1/2 or 2 secs behind pole, but after T2 in the actual race i was 7 secs behind. I could just wait for them to pit, but i have started the Polyphony cup now
zzz.gif

20 laps in untuned cars. I have won the first 3, but now i can't be arsed
 
This whole series was a cake walk really. I did one warm up lap, to gauge the ai settings, then tuned my vitz a notch or two above them, and after first lap, I was first always, and usually lapped about one by the time I finished each race.

I don't get what is so hard about this series?
Maybe its all in the tuning? Or is it more driving skill?

If anyone wants my setup for this Vitz, PM me.

~CYD
 
Back when I was working on Amateur I tried the Pro Vitz figuring it would be an easy win (thinking the AI cars would be closer to stock) but got discouraged when I didn't get close to them.

Now that I worked through a lot of races and licenses and have a little more skill, and with some tuning help, I recently went in and beat Rome with some time to spare.

My super-macho little pink Vitz (actually doesn't look bad with black wheels :cool: ) wore superslicks all around, but next time when I do the whole series I'll go with softer in the rear because they hardly wore at all. But my fronts were even getting a little orange after 10 laps.
 
Back