Problem with CSL Elite PS4 and PS5

United States
Space Coast
Chevy_Heavy
So I installed GTS on my PS5 and connected my CSL, but when I hit the PS button on the wheel the console doesn't recognize it. The wheel calibrates properly and the blue PS light is on. It has worked perfectly on my PS4 Pro. I've had the wheel about a year and a half and still am on the original drivers. I'm wondering if maybe there was a driver update that's needed to make the wheel compatible to use on the PS5.

So I installed GTS on my PS5 and connected my CSL, but when I hit the PS button on the wheel the console doesn't recognize it. The wheel calibrates properly and the blue PS light is on. It has worked perfectly on my PS4 Pro. I've had the wheel about a year and a half and still am on the original drivers. I'm wondering if maybe there was a driver update that's needed to make the wheel compatible to use on the PS5.
Your CSL wheel will not start your PS5 you must use your DS5 controller to start the PS5, once you start the PS5 with the DS5 then turn on your CSL and then the PS5 will recognize your wheel 👍.

Your CSL wheel will not start your PS5 you must use your DS5 controller to start the PS5, once you start the PS5 with the DS5 then turn on your CSL and then the PS5 will recognize your wheel 👍.

Thanks for the reply. This is how I was doing it, but when I press the PS button on the wheel the dialog box that asks who is using the wheel doesn't show up. :confused: Perhaps maybe @DomB_Fanatec could chime in with a suggestion?

Thanks for the reply. This is how I was doing it, but when I press the PS button on the wheel the dialog box that asks who is using the wheel doesn't show up. :confused: Perhaps maybe @DomB_Fanatec could chime in with a suggestion?
If it does not show up that means, that the USB connection from the wheel to the PS5 in not working for some reason. The CSL wheel does not need an update for the PS5, because my wheel is fine on the PS5.

Last edited:
The first suggestion is to update all firmware. The most recent driver package is found in the downloads section of every relevant product page (it is the same file - you only need one driver, it contains firmware for all Fanatec products). The driver contains a Firmware Manager to make the process easier. Depending on what hardware you have connected, there may be more than one firmware to update. Once everything is done, try it on PS5 again. If it doesn't work, please create a support ticket via the My Products section of your Fanatec account.

The first suggestion is to update all firmware. The most recent driver package is found in the downloads section of every relevant product page (it is the same file - you only need one driver, it contains firmware for all Fanatec products). The driver contains a Firmware Manager to make the process easier. Depending on what hardware you have connected, there may be more than one firmware to update. Once everything is done, try it on PS5 again. If it doesn't work, please create a support ticket via the My Products section of your Fanatec account.
I think you are right mate, because he has not update his wheel for about a year and a half because he is still on the same original drivers.

Last edited:
Back