Problems So FarPS4 

• Thread starter TT92
  • 251 comments
My th8a fails to work, even if it's plugged in to the ps4. I've also selected the H-pattern. Weird. Any ideas? I'm using a T500 wheel.

Did anyone answer this?

I had the same problem. First it was working, then it wouldn't work no matter what I tried. The fix seems to be to have the shifter in 1st gear when you turn on AC.

Some cars indicate the fuel that is left. The Alfa 155 for example shows it on the dash. Only not sure if it corresponds correctly with the player's adjustements :embarrassed:

Yes it does. Well in all the cars I have tried anyway. I have run out of fuel 3 times now on the last lap so I am a lot more careful now ;-)

What would be nice is a) know beforehand how long a race will be and b) how many laps the fuel will last for.

Did anyone answer this?

I had the same problem. First it was working, then it wouldn't work no matter what I tried. The fix seems to be to have the shifter in 1st gear when you turn on AC.

You must shift using the clutch otherwise it will not work. So turn manual clutch on as well. It is not like other games where the shifter works on Auto Clutch.

Mine would lose FFB in the wheel once the ps4 was woken up from rest mode. I've started just turning it all the way off now so it calibrates properly every time I start the game up.

Mine would lose FFB in the wheel once the ps4 was woken up from rest mode. I've started just turning it all the way off now so it calibrates properly every time I start the game up.
Yeah, both pCARS and Driveclub also lose FFB if the console is left in rest mode. Always best to unplug the wheel when not in use.

You must shift using the clutch otherwise it will not work. So turn manual clutch on as well. It is not like other games where the shifter works on Auto Clutch.

That's not the point. For me, the shifter wouldn't change gear at all regardless of the settings in options. Starting the game with the shifter in the first gear position (possibly any position other than neutral?) fixed this problem.

That's not the point. For me, the shifter wouldn't change gear at all regardless of the settings in options. Starting the game with the shifter in the first gear position (possibly any position other than neutral?) fixed this problem.

Tonight, I again could not get the shifter to work. Tried restarting the game a couple of times with the shifter in gear & still couldn't get it to work. Finally, TURNED OFF THE PS4 & restarted it & it worked. Pretty annoying & I'm still not sure exactly why it works/doesn't work. This seems like it might be related to the FFB not working properly if the PS4 isn't shut off completely.

Last edited:
You can't pause the game when going around right-hand turns, you can either prepare for the turn by moving the analogue stick to the right after you've selected drive which will send your car to the pits costing you up to 8 minutes depending on the length of the lap or not turn at all and crash into whatever is directly ahead of you.

Is there a way to get a whole circuit map instead of the zoomed version on the bottom left of the HUD?

There is ZERO customisation of the HUD :-( Or buttons...... or steering lock........or handbrake......... sigh......

Some of you will recall that I recently posted this and this in the thread dedicated to the console versions of AC. In short, I brought up an issue where AI cars in single-make races seem considerably faster in terms of straight line speed despite no handicapping changes to the player-controlled car (PS4 version 1.03). I've done some more troubleshooting and I thought it would be better to post it here now that the other thread is preoccupied discussing DLC releases.

I've found that's there's simply something causing the cars I drive in AC to lack top speed. Tonight I was lapping the Ferrari F40 around the Nordschleife and performance just felt somewhat off, which has been a general feeling I've had with all cars since getting the game last week. Specifically, the F40 barely reaches 270 km/h on Döttinger Höhe (the long backstraight just before the Nürburgring GP circuit) when I drive it in AC. I've watched a gameplay video on YouTube where the same car reaches 290 km/h just before the left kink entering Tiergarten. I cannot even push the F40 above 295 km/h when flooring it around the bankings of the 1960s Monza track. This seems wrong when taking my example above into account. I can bring up similar examples where the cars I drive don't match the speeds people reach under similar conditions shown in various YouTube videos. It's not like I'm a sunday driver when it comes to maintaining pace through corners and I've tried nearly everything I can think of in terms of identifying the problem. This includes lowering the fuel load and putting on the slickest tires available.

I briefly touched upon this in my original post in the other thread, as linked to above, suggesting that the Alfa Romeo 4C struggled reaching certain speeds before different braking points at Brands Hatch GP (again in comparison to a YouTube clip). These findings go hand in hand with AI opponents appearing faster in a straight line, as I primarily brought up in the other thread, but I now see reason to believe that the speed issue isn't caused by the AI being artificially faster. It seems like something inhibits performance of the player-controller car.

I vaguely suspect that the problem may have something to do with using the DS4 controller as an input device. This is merely my suspicion for now as I'm using the DS4 and I know many of you are wheel users who predominantly praise the authenticity of AC's driving experience.

Any clues what I might be missing here, or are we looking at some kind of bug? It would be much appreciated if some of you could run similar comparisons to what I exemplified above and report back with details on the platform and type of input device you're using. I may have to bring this problem to the attention of Kunos, unless you guys can tell me what I might be doing wrong.

Last edited:
Some of you will recall that I recently posted this and this in the thread dedicated to the console versions of AC. In short, I brought up an issue where AI cars in single-make races seem considerably faster in terms of straight line speed despite no handicapping changes to the player-controlled car (PS4 version 1.03). I've done some more troubleshooting and I thought it would be better to post it here now that the other thread is preoccupied discussing DLC releases.

I've found that's there's simply something causing the cars I drive in AC to lack top speed. Tonight I was lapping the Ferrari F40 around the Nordschleife and performance just felt somewhat off, which has been a general feeling I've had with all cars since getting the game last week. Specifically, the F40 barely reaches 270 km/h on Döttinger Höhe (the long backstraight just before the Nürburgring GP circuit) when I drive it in AC. I've watched a gameplay video on YouTube where the same car reaches 290 km/h just before the left kink entering Tiergarten. I cannot even push the F40 above 295 km/h when flooring it around the bankings of the 1960s Monza track. This seems wrong when taking my example above into account. I can bring up similar examples where the cars I drive don't match the speeds people reach under similar conditions shown in various YouTube videos. It's not like I'm a sunday driver when it comes to maintaining pace through corners and I've tried nearly everything I can think of in terms of identifying the problem. This includes lowering the fuel load and putting on the slickest tires available.

I briefly touched upon this in my original post in the other thread, as linked to above, suggesting that the Alfa Romeo 4C struggled reaching certain speeds before different braking points at Brands Hatch GP (again in comparison to a YouTube clip). These findings go hand in hand with AI opponents appearing faster in a straight line, as I primarily brought up in the other thread, but I now see reason to believe that the speed issue isn't caused by the AI being artificially faster. It seems like something inhibits performance of the player-controller car.

I vaguely suspect that the problem may have something to do with using the DS4 controller as an input device. This is merely my suspicion for now as I'm using the DS4 and I know many of you are wheel users who predominantly praise the authenticity of AC's driving experience.

Any clues what I might be missing here, or are we looking at some kind of bug? It would be much appreciated if some of you could run similar comparisons to what I exemplified above and report back with details on the platform and type of input device you're using. I may have to bring this problem to the attention of Kunos, unless you guys can tell me what I might be doing wrong.

I just got the F40 up to 286 in the same place without even trying. Do you have all assists off? That may be it. The only other thing I can think of is something to do with controller calibration or a fault with the controller itself. It's a shame that AC doesn't allow calibration or give us any throttle / brake telemetry on console.

@Nielsen, have you tried another controller? Can you check the input response of the controller on a PC? I assume you don't see the brakes on, which would discount a faulty brake trigger being the issue - but you could potentially still have an accelerator trigger fault holding you back.

Just tried the F40 with assists on to see if that made a difference but still got to 292 kph using semi-slicks (T500/PS4)

Edit: With my DS4 and the same settings (and the worst lap I have ever driven around this track) I still just touched 290 kph.

Faulty controller seems to be most likely.

Last edited:

RSR Live Timing shows me that the fastest driver in that combination hits 299 km/h on the back straight. The slowest drivers are nearly a minute behind, which is a pretty brutal lap, and they hit 283 km/h and 289 km/h. Seems like you might have a controller issue.

I just got the F40 up to 286 in the same place without even trying. Do you have all assists off? That may be it. The only other thing I can think of is something to do with controller calibration or a fault with the controller itself. It's a shame that AC doesn't allow calibration or give us any throttle / brake telemetry on console.

Ok, thanks for testing. I posted my assists in the other thread and people have said my settings should be fine. Maybe it is the controller as others have said. Please elaborate this controller calibration you speak of. Where do I find this? Also, doesn't the HUD have a throttle indicator below the tachometer? There's this horizontal line which responds to throttle input and it is actually maxed out when I press the button all way down.

@Nielsen, have you tried another controller? Can you check the input response of the controller on a PC? I assume you don't see the brakes on, which would discount a faulty brake trigger being the issue - but you could potentially still have an accelerator trigger fault holding you back.

No, I haven't tried another controller as I don't have one and I cannot check on PC. The braking lights are not illuminated unless I press the L2 button, but I will not rule out a faulty R2 button (accelerator). It's unfortunate that all three controller presets assign these buttons for braking and acceleration. Customizable command assignment would obviously make it very easy to test whether the default button is broken.

Just tried the F40 with assists on to see if that made a difference but still got to 292 kph using semi-slicks (T500/PS4)

Edit: With my DS4 and the same settings (and the worst lap I have ever driven around this track) I still just touched 290 kph.

Faulty controller seems to be most likely.

Ok, thank you.

RSR Live Timing shows me that the fastest driver in that combination hits 299 km/h on the back straight. The slowest drivers are nearly a minute behind, which is a pretty brutal lap, and they hit 283 km/h and 289 km/h. Seems like you might have a controller issue.

Cool, thanks for the info. It could appear like a faulty controller by now but it's hard to tell considering how the HUD indicates maxed out throttle, assuming I read the HUD telemetry correctly.

Ok, thanks for testing. I posted my assists in the other thread and people have said my settings should be fine. Maybe it is the controller as others have said. Please elaborate this controller calibration you speak of. Where do I find this? Also, doesn't the HUD have a throttle indicator below the tachometer? There's this horizontal line which responds to throttle input and it is actually maxed out when I press the button all way down.

Cool, thanks for the info. It could appear like a faulty controller by now but it's hard to tell considering how the HUD indicates maxed out throttle, assuming I read the HUD telemetry correctly.

Not sure if this will help, but it may be worth a try:

"This procedure explains how to fix the common issues that you may experience with the DualShock 4 wireless controller of the PlayStation 4.
Reset PS4 Game Controller
First turn off your console. The Reset button is located in a tiny hole at the back of the controller near the L2 button.

Using a paperclip, press and hold the Reset button for a few seconds. This should be enough to reset your controller.

The next step is to once again pair your controller with your device. Simply connect the controller using the USB cable provided and then turn on your PS4 and proceed with pairing procedure."

Don't normally use the HUD but last time I did I'm sure the bar at the bottom was a turbo boost gauge.

Not sure if this will help, but it may be worth a try:

"This procedure explains how to fix the common issues that you may experience with the DualShock 4 wireless controller of the PlayStation 4.
Reset PS4 Game Controller
First turn off your console. The Reset button is located in a tiny hole at the back of the controller near the L2 button.

Using a paperclip, press and hold the Reset button for a few seconds. This should be enough to reset your controller.

The next step is to once again pair your controller with your device. Simply connect the controller using the USB cable provided and then turn on your PS4 and proceed with pairing procedure."

Alright, I may look into this.

Don't normally use the HUD but last time I did I'm sure the bar at the bottom was a turbo boost gauge.

Yes, you're right. I just drove the Toyota AE86 and noticed it was gone. Then I drove Supra and also noticed that it falls like a boost gauge off throttle.

Taking a look at the times from that site, the AI in the Nurburgring GP (GT) Special Events using the BMW Z4 GT3 would be 3rd (1:54's) on the WR list, lol. This is going to be one hard Platinum, lol.
Want some more bad news? Of course you do:cool:. The fastest time on that board under special event conditions is 1:56.019 by Stefan Maier:eek:. Let us know how you fare:cheers:

Note: The RSR boards are not necessarily representative of the fastest possible times, just the time recorded by whomever has the app and happened to have it on when they ran the laps.

Taking a look at the times from that site, the AI in the Nurburgring GP (GT) Special Events using the BMW Z4 GT3 would be 3rd (1:54's) on the WR list, lol. This is going to be one hard Platinum, lol.
I was actually wondering, for timed laps did they update the times to reflect the latest tyre patch or is it like on PC where it went from being able to do em in stock cars to having to do WR grade laps to gold?

Want some more bad news? Of course you do:cool:. The fastest time on that board under special event conditions is 1:56.019 by Stefan Maier:eek:. Let us know how you fare:cheers:

Note: The RSR boards are not necessarily representative of the fastest possible times, just the time recorded by whomever has the app and happened to have it on when they ran the laps.

The leaders opening lap in a 1:59 and then 1:54's for remaining laps, I had a couple 1:55 laps but starting with a 10 second handicap is a killer. I finally managed to gold a drift event and will stick to them for awhile before trying this event again. Then again I'm kinda stubborn and have a few hours free time tomorrow morning, lol.

I was actually wondering, for timed laps did they update the times to reflect the latest tyre patch or is it like on PC where it went from being able to do em in stock cars to having to do WR grade laps to gold?

I haven't even started on the Time Trail events yet but, going by some of the Alien race events...the gold times are really fast on some of them.

Odd thing happened to me this morning.. the game hung/crashed on the server browser after I clicked the refresh button (ps4)

Latest Posts

Back