Problems with top speed through acceleration? No more!

When you fully tune a car there is a chance that its top speed sucks, this is due to acceleration, it keeps you from reaching higher top speeds. :scared: But I have a solution, go to the car setup menu you see before a Simulation Mode race or Free Run mode on the menu, select it, go to the setup with the GREEN lines, select the one with those GREEN lines. Go to the gauge that is labeled with two numbers, set it to its highest possible, confirm this setting, go back to the menu, test the car and there should be chance that the top speed is extended. Even though it slows down acceleration, the top speed makes up for that. 💡

Somehow I don't understand. I use to spend a good time setting up my gearing to get the right speed for the right time.

New to GT3 or new to the site?

You can't set the top speed of a car so high if it cannot accelerate to it. Wide gears are fine, but you run the risk of making the top speed unreachable.

I know you're new to the site - who do you think keeps approving your messages? ;) It's just your... advice tells me you're none too experienced at GT3.

I've moved this thread into the GT3 Tuning & Settings forum, since it deals with settings.

NONE TOO EXPERIENCED! I'll have you know I made it over 80% completion!

Congratulations, but making your car have a higher top speed by changing the gear ratios is pretty beginner stuff.

Of..., well new threads.

Err, no.

Please look around this site before you get too overenthusiastic about creating threads. GT3, as a game, is SEVEN years old. Do you honestly believe you can bring new things to this area of the site which haven't been covered, and recovered, and re-recovered more times than Pop Idol winner's single? If so, go ahead - but please check first to make sure...

nk4e, please understand, its just some trick I came up with all by myself, I just thought I could share this little trick.
I understand but spending a good time in settings over and over again to achieve something is pretty difficult. But most users don't use the green lines another tip is that you could stay close to the wall and gain speed. Rinse, Wash and Repeat

Last edited:
You're infuriating, no offense. Just give me some time to adjust, this is new to me. Even BCS would agree that I need some time to adjust.

Thanks nk4e, I'll try to remember that. Anyway I have a small problem. My PS2 won't read my GT3 game disc, anyone got any advice?

Last edited by a moderator:
You're infuriating, no offense. Just give me some time to adjust, this is new to me. Even BCS would agree that I need some time to adjust.

Spend that time looking round. We've probably covered it all before, and seeing someone new wading in with what they think is helpful advice but is, really, quite basic stuff which has been covered several times is infuriating. No offence.

Also, besides some guy who you keep messaging on his profile here, I've no idea who BCS is, nor why dropping his name should hold any sway.

Thanks nk4e, I'll try to remember that. Anyway I have a small problem. My PS2 won't read my GT3 game disc, anyone got any advice?

Yes. Search this site. We have covered that before. Many times. Two free tips:

1. Try searching for "Disc Read Error" and posts by "Famine".
2. Don't double-post, please. The Edit button in the bottom-right corner of your post should be used to add new information.

It's great that you're excited to be here. Just reign it in a smidge, please.

DarthBowser_801 I can understand that it may currently feel a bit frustrating, but in all honesty the advice you are being given in 100% in good faith.

Tuning in the GT series is based around the requirements of real world tuning and as such most 'tricks' are well known and have been covered many times before. Please understand that while it may be a new discovery to yourself, what you are discussing is actually quite well know and a lot more involved than you may be aware of.

Take a look at the links in my signature and click on the link for GT4 & GT5 tuning guides, they are just as applicable to GT3. In particular the second guide spends a lot of time taking in great depth about all aspects of gear ratio tuning.

You may find it of interest.

Oh and welcome to GT Planet.

Regards

Scaff

I use that trick ALL THE TIME and it's pretty good. My fully tuned Corvette Z06 has 795hp and can do 240+mph! Fast for a Vette!👍

Oh, and by the way, I AM DarthBowser_801's brother. SO DON'T MISTAKE ME FOR SOME UNKNOWN DUDE! I POSTED 2 THREADS ALREADY!

Last edited:
BCS
I use that trick ALL THE TIME and it's pretty good. My fully tuned Corvette Z06 has 795hp and can do 240+mph! Fast for a Vette!👍

Oh, and by the way, I AM DarthBowser_801's brother. SO DON'T MISTAKE ME FOR SOME UNKNOWN DUDE! I POSTED 2 THREADS ALREADY!
Uh...oh...

BCS
SO DON'T MISTAKE ME FOR SOME UNKNOWN DUDE! I POSTED 2 THREADS ALREADY!

But you are an unknown dude. There's 100,000+ members on this site and we're creeping up on 3 million posts in the next four days. It has been in existence for nigh-on 8 years.

You've been here a little over a month and you've made 19 posts - and I can't remember any of them. You are an unknown here. Which still makes me wonder why dropping your name into conversation is in any way relevant.

Um..........maybe.💡

Plus, I'm thinking about a new "GT4 Track of the Week" thing by, well, BCS!

I brought this up and I will stand by my brother, unlike some people.
Its good that you stand by your brother but use the search bar before you make a thread, look out for sticky post also, and please follow the AUP. I can give you a video if you like.

Back