Progression with the wheel on board|CJDA9's videos!|1 year of drifting

• Thread starter CJDA9
  • 53 comments
United States
New Hampshire
STONER327
CJDA9's video thread!!!

Hello fellow gtplanet drifters here is my YouTube channel. www.youtube.com/user/CJDA9GTP The channel features some awesome on board sim drifting videos using the Thrustmaster T500RS wheel, both solo runs and tandem runs. The channel will be updated frequently and consistently so please comment, rate, or subscribe for some good content!

I will be adding videos to the bottom of the second post in this thread and/or a post so the videos will be easy to find.

This is my first video, it was taken jan/31/2012 I was picking it up very fast at that point.

Like the video says this is me with only 28 days of practice on the wheel, so not the best drifting. Some of you might notice the handbrake :D best thing I have made so far for my rig. In this video I am drifting a sileighty at 225hp using comfort hards.

ffb setting's simulation steering ffb: 6 power steering: on

Last edited:
4/1/12

Here is a new video more up to date it was taken today 4/1/12 hope you guys enjoy it I am drifting my BMW Z4 M

6/15/12

New video recorded drifting on grand valley speedway with my Z34 let me know what you think.

ffb settings: ffb:8 power steering: off

7/24/12

I finally made a video about my rig here it is, its still not finished as most rigs are :lol: recorded today.

8/21/12

So here are the “how to drift on the wheel GT5 and other sims” videos. Drifting and trying to explain it at the same time is pretty hard for me. :lol:

9/2/12

New video up.

10/1/2012

Just a little practice session around Deep Forest Raceway in my Z34.
not the best drifting in this edit I haven't been able to drift much lately.

10/9/12

It's my new intro for my YouTube videos, let me know what you guys think!!!!

10/24/12:

This is my first tandem drifting video to be uploaded to YouTube and my first real try at editing a video. All footage was taken from NEMESIS night slide 10/18/12!!! In this video I am tandem drifting my Nissan Z34 08'.

This is also kind of special to me as I directed the song in this video. A good friend of mine has been helping me out a lot with music for my videos. This is the first time I have ever been involved in the process of making music.

11/20/12
Hey guys I made a new tandem video let me know what you think! Recorded 11/19/12

12/13/12

Yo guys I just made a video showing the changes I have made for my T500RS drifting rig/wheel stand. 👍👍

12/23/12

Just uploaded a new YouTube video! "CJDA9GTP-GT5 T500RS Holiday drifting" The song in this video is directed by myself and produced by Par0dox. http://soundcloud.com/par0dox

1/6/13

So it I have officially been drifting for over a year now, 367 days of drifting on the wheel. There is a lot to learn still, I am only just getting started with my drifting career on gt5 and I'm sure this is just the beginning.

So I just uploaded a new YouTube video!!! I have a new camera in this video so it looks much better, also it's at a different angle than usual. Music by: I AM Orange, Song: crowd Machine.

Fallow I Am Orange:
http://facebook.com/IAmOrangeMusic
http://youtube.com/IAmOrangeMusic
http://soundcloud.com/orange-7

Last edited:
Nice vids CJ! Definitely a huge improvement in the second one. I lol'd pretty good at your thumbs up hahaha.

Gotta ask...is that a in-floor heating regester sitting under your tv? Or what is that grill thing kinda on the right hand side...I kept staring at it lol.

Nice vids CJ! Definitely a huge improvement in the second one. I lol'd pretty good at your thumbs up hahaha.

Gotta ask...is that a in-floor heating regester sitting under your tv? Or what is that grill thing kinda on the right hand side...I kept staring at it lol.

It's actually a cheap plastic table to put my tv on lol its easy to move around when i need to. Thank's for the feedback man i thought this thread was going to be dead for awhile.:dopey:

Nice CJ! You definitely look more fluid with the wheel compared to the last one. Can't wait to see more of your progression in upcoming vids.

-.- I really need to start using my wheel again hahaha...

Thanks marc! I have been trying to relax as much as possible when drifting thanks for the feedback man.

@ Protege i do play lfs every now and then its a very solid sim but the online isn't very good for me i don't know anyone on that sim. I love gt5 for its online lobby's and the high quality tandems you just cant beat it online but lfs is a lot more realistic.

Last edited:
Good luck man its not going to be easy the first 2 weeks was the hardest for me. Just keep at it and work hard you will get there.

CJDA9
Good luck man its not going to be easy the first 2 weeks was the hardest for me. Just keep at it and work hard you will get there.

Thanks mate iv got a dfgt at the min but it's nothing compared to the g27 I struggle with the gears been on the right and hate the ffb noise

Good lookin rig CJ. For home made, it looks damn solid! I really like your e-brake and shifter set up. I'll definitely refer back to this if I ever get a wheel lol

New videos added to second post they are the "How to drift on the wheel GT5 and other sims" videos, they will also be in the tips for wheel users thread.

Your definitely right about that ant i have only been on the wheel for about seven months, i am still learning every time i go out on the track. I have a long way to go and have a very hard time slowing down my hand work, still feel very panicky behind the wheel.

Thanks Eric, that video is the first with music in it besides the background. One of my friends made the mix.

I dont think it looks erratic at all, very smooth and controlled, especially for a small wheel. If you have ever drifted on the track IRL you would see that it gets a lot more frantic than that.

I'm only a month into using the wheel and your videos have been very helpful, thanks a bunch!

Good vids bro. I just watched the last one, 9/2, looks good. I'm still working on taking my hand off the wheel to shift. Looks like you're getting it down.

And hey, I just found a trick that helps you progress quick, try using just either your finger tips or at least just your fingers (gripped) to hold the drift, this will let you loosely feel the wheels resistance without choking the wheel. I've been doing that and have found myself 10x better with wheel work.

I dont think it looks erratic at all, very smooth and controlled, especially for a small wheel. If you have ever drifted on the track IRL you would see that it gets a lot more frantic than that.

I'm only a month into using the wheel and your videos have been very helpful, thanks a bunch!

Thanks man! I am happy to hear they helped you out.

Good vids bro. I just watched the last one, 9/2, looks good. I'm still working on taking my hand off the wheel to shift. Looks like you're getting it down.

And hey, I just found a trick that helps you progress quick, try using just either your finger tips or at least just your fingers (gripped) to hold the drift, this will let you loosely feel the wheels resistance without choking the wheel. I've been doing that and have found myself 10x better with wheel work.

Thanks blunt. That sounds like a great idea I know I do that sometimes but not on purpose, I am going to try that out. 👍

New video up!!!

Just a little practice session around Deep Forest Raceway in my Z34.
not the best drifting in this edit, I haven't been able to drift much lately

Update here is my new intro for my YouTube videos, let me know what you guys think!!!!

edit: I am going to use this one for now even though it's far from perfect, I will make another one after a while.

Edit: CJDA9GTP intro test Video is now private.

Last edited:
Great stuff here mate ! You probably worked ages on that intro, but I think you can make it more interesting if you change some stuff in it mate. Less switches and maybe a replay cam of you drifting through the video as well.

Back