• 12 comments

Tom

Voice of Gran Turismo
Premium
United Kingdom
Kent
tombrookscomms
Hi all,

I wanted to share with you a new series to my YouTube channel called 'Project Alfa', where I am working alongside my Dad to restore an Alfa Romeo 147 GTA that I purchased back in April. The whole idea is to get the car back to factory condition and upgrade some mechanical parts along the way, including putting a Limited Slip Differential in the car and upgrade the standard suspension to make it handle as well as it should've done when launched!

So far we have launched two episodes:

Episode 1: Buying an Alfa Romeo 147 GTA for £5K!

Episode 2: Removing the engine from my 147 GTA!

I really hope you enjoy the series and keep checking in as we update things. Please subscribe and hit the notification icon if you would like to!

---

Update - Episode 3: Painting our 147 GTA

Last edited:

PASM

WRS Race Admin
Netherlands
The Netherlands
GTP_PASM
Nice, great choice for a project car. These ones deserve to be saved for sure. Friend of mine has a Busso 3.0 V6 swapped 156, stunning sounds. I have watched the videos and they are good fun to watch. Keep it up.

Tom

Voice of Gran Turismo
Premium
United Kingdom
Kent
tombrookscomms
Nice, great choice for a project car. These ones deserve to be saved for sure. Friend of mine has a Busso 3.0 V6 swapped 156, stunning sounds. I have watched the videos and they are good fun to watch. Keep it up.
Thank you, @PASM. I'm shooting the next vlog with a bit of a different style in that it'll be filmed over several days and stitched together, so should hopefully be a bit more comprehensive.

Anathema

no longer a sad Nissan fan
Premium
United States
Heaven's Fence
Anathema-Kure
Justin Jectlol
You still have the Jaguar project going, or is that on hold?

GTP_Dutchy

is typing a message...
Premium
Netherlands
Somewhere in the cloud
GTP_Dutchy
Tom
Hi all,

I wanted to share with you a new series to my YouTube channel called 'Project Alfa', where I am working alongside my Dad to restore an Alfa Romeo 147 GTA that I purchased back in April. The whole idea is to get the car back to factory condition and upgrade some mechanical parts along the way, including putting a Limited Slip Differential in the car and upgrade the standard suspension to make it handle as well as it should've done when launched!

So far we have launched two episodes:

Episode 1: Buying an Alfa Romeo 147 GTA for £5K!

Episode 2: Removing the engine from my 147 GTA!

I really hope you enjoy the series and keep checking in as we update things. Please subscribe and hit the notification icon if you would like to!
Awesome project. Also nice that you are able to do this with you father.

France
France
zeptrans
Nice project.

You evitated the rusty Alfa, and the rusty garage owner :cheers:

Just to the engine, it's a good deed.

Tom

Voice of Gran Turismo
Premium
United Kingdom
Kent
tombrookscomms
Awesome project. Also nice that you are able to do this with you father.
Thanks, @GTP_Dutchy!
Nice project.

You evitated the rusty Alfa, and the rusty garage owner :cheers:

Just to the engine, it's a good deed.
Many thanks!
What is the reason for not restoring the Jaguar first?
As mentioned in the first video, the idea is that the 147 will be a far quicker restoration due to less work needing to be done, it being newer so more parts are available. The Jag is a long term project and will take time, whereas the Alfa should be finished by winter, and therefore also helps showcase Dad's skillset sooner as he builds up his new business, Brooks Restorations.

Last edited: