Project CARS 2 4K Gameplay Video: AMG GT3 Tackles Fuji

On my player the framerate doesn't exactly look buttery smooth. That may be due to the encoding though.
But arcade? Come on! Even AC can look arcadeish when viewed from behind.

EDIT: Can't decide if it looks like "framerate stutter" or "micro stutter". Anyway, doesn't matter as long as the game itself is buttery smooth.

Prolly YouTube's buffer responsible for the stutter. It will be buttery smooth on all platform's with no frame drops hopefully. Ian's team has set aside plenty of time and resources to do optimizations and QA testing.

Prolly YouTube's buffer responsible for the stutter. It will be buttery smooth on all platform's with no frame drops hopefully. Ian's team has set aside plenty of time and resources to do optimizations and QA testing.

These are fairly old unoptimised builds. As of now, in clear conditions at least, we're hitting a solid 60FPS on a stock PS4 at our test track (Brands Hatch) despite all the extra overhead we've added (LiveTrack/3d Trees/Seasons/higher poly cars/more... The team are working diligently on performance and after getting Xbox to PS4 levels we'll be attacking night and weather performance.

These are fairly old unoptimised builds. As of now, in clear conditions at least, we're hitting a solid 60FPS on a stock PS4 at our test track (Brands Hatch) despite all the extra overhead we've added (LiveTrack/3d Trees/Seasons/higher poly cars/more... The team are working diligently on performance and after getting Xbox to PS4 levels we'll be attacking night and weather performance.
Are you guys planning to add latest Nvidia VR technologies such as Lens Matched Shading and Single Pass Stereo?

I just hope I won't need a GTX 1080 and 6700K to reach 60fps at 1080p. I usually play at max settings, at that resolution, as I'm not interested in going higher at the moment. Hope the team's doing a good job on PC optimization and not just consoles.

I can't say I was impressed by that video. From what they have said about the game I would have thought they could have shown it off a bit better than that. If anything I'm a little disappointed from what I saw.

I just hope I won't need a GTX 1080 and 6700K to reach 60fps at 1080p. I usually play at max settings, at that resolution, as I'm not interested in going higher at the moment. Hope the team's doing a good job on PC optimization and not just consoles.
little bit low on your targets. This should/will do on 4k triple screen.

Yeah but I don't want it to have hundreds of confusing settings, like the first PCars.
You need a week off work to set everything correctly for the wheel.

I actually appreciate SMS gave us all the force feedback options, and look forward to their return in PC2.

We've never had anything close to that on console. They make a considerable difference if you take the time and dial it in to your preference.

Very happy to hear that Ian! 👍👍

Oh Lord, let there be no tearing or frame hiccups in CARS2 at any time of day or weather conditions... Amen. :gtpflag:

:lol:

I own a GTX 1070 and a non OC 4770K. That's why I'm concerned about 1080p, Ultra performance. Single screen btw.
If GTX 1080 can do 60fps at 4k and it's about 20-25% faster than 1070, you should be fine at 1080p, unless you must have 144 fps at all times or something.

Even then, assuming that 4k is 3x as demanding as 1080p (usually that's about how much difference there is in games between these resolutions according to benchmarks), and 1070 is 80% as powerful as 1080, then you get 60*3*0.8 = 144. Exactly 144 fps at 1080p ultra with 1070, if 1080 can get 60fps at 4k.

If GTX 1080 can do 60fps at 4k and it's about 20-25% faster than 1070, you should be fine at 1080p, unless you must have 144 fps at all times or something.

Even then, assuming that 4k is 3x as demanding as 1080p (usually that's about how much difference there is in games between these resolutions according to benchmarks), and 1070 is 80% as powerful as 1080, then you get 60*3*0.8 = 144. Exactly 144 fps at 1080p ultra with 1070, if 1080 can get 60fps at 4k.

I've always been under the impression that detail levels, color gradients and filtering are far more crucial than resolution. Does it work differently on PC? Because on my TV a 60 fps game at native 1080p does not look as good as a 900p or 720p game running at 30 fps with dense filtering and anti-aliasing levels.

Depends on you really - some people are very framerate sensitive, so for them getting 60fps or above is more important than detail. For others, like me, framerate doesn't matter so much so I'd rather have more detail at 30fps.

That said, in reference to your question, a 1070 should be fine for 1080p/60fps with lots of detail etc. I'd question the need to run at Ultra detail levels, as far as I understand it Ultra is for 4k - you shouldn't see any difference between High and Ultra detail levels running at 1080p in pCARS, and by extension pCARS2.

You do realize that there is far more to sim racing than visuals right? Things like, oh, I don't know.... PHYSICS and TIRE MODEL and TRACK SURFACE, and WEATHER. All of those items have been enhanced exponentially in the new game. Of all the tings that have been enhanced, VISUALS is by FAR the least important thing in a sim.

And oh God I hope the cars don't handle ANYTHING like the cars in GT.......

Are you high? :D I was talking about physics not graphics... It may be not like GT physics, no problem there.. I just hope it will be better than PC1.. because PC1 physics was not good at all..

Back