Project CARS 2 Aiming for "Septemberish" Pre-Order/Release Window

@Speedster911 -- According to Ian Bell, the last few weeks of development on PCARS1 were funded out of pocket and they could not afford any more delays. That's why it launched as it was. SMS were also unable to afford the QA assistance you would normally have for a retail console game.

SMS may be guilty of a few things, including terrible time management, but those were the circumstances. Now we're told that PCARS2 will have external QA for the PS4/XBone versions and they're in a position to wait until it's ready, which is "Septemberish".

I'm happy enough with PCARS1 version 10.0 to give SMS the benefit of the doubt on how PCARS2 will turn out, though I won't hold my breath for this particular release window. ;)

That sounds legit and I'm glad you're getting good mileage out of CARS1. 👍

I just wish I could somehow be convinced to enjoy it, especially how you convinced me to give Horizon 1 a chance and I ended up loving it. :cheers::D

I just can't seem to like CARS though. Seems broken in several ways. But then again, I believe I've been spoiled rotten to the core by the likes of Forza! :rolleyes:

I've checked out racedepartment.com saying that Project CARS 2 should be releasing for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC towards the end of September 2017.

I've checked out racedepartment.com saying that Project CARS 2 should be releasing for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC towards the end of September 2017.

It would be very exciting to be able to play CARS2 around the same time as FM7 releases, though I won't mind at all if it gets delayed. So long as it's for the greater good.

Irrelevant. Official time slot still is "Late 2017". Nothing has changed. I see it more as a setup to simulate bigot outrage over there, in case the final release date will be after September.

I bope they are still able to make September, especially now that NASCAR HEAT 2 has also announced a September release date. It makes the month a very busy and competitive one.

However, my gut tells me it will be a mod November release. Just a feeling..... No reason or any kind of "internal" knowledge (I'm not WMD). I just have a feeling..... And I hope I am wrong.

I bope they are still able to make September, especially now that NASCAR HEAT 2 has also announced a September release date. It makes the month a very busy and competitive one.

However, my gut tells me it will be a mod November release. Just a feeling..... No reason or any kind of "internal" knowledge (I'm not WMD). I just have a feeling..... And I hope I am wrong.
I'm feeling late September -> early/mid October.

Thats GTSport ;)
Yeah, that's a bit of bad timing, but I feel September is a bit too soon. I think this time around SMS will try to squash as many bugs as possible. It seems like there are still changes going on to the game, so just 4 month from now would be too soon. I think 6 month is minimum. Could also be mid December, but that's a bit unusual for a games launch. I just hope they take their time and make sure it's fully baked rather than half baked but sooner.

Until it goes gold we won't know for sure.

I get a sense they're making final implementations into the game. Touching up some effects, probably 2/3 the way through the car list adjusting the steering and drivability. Then once that's done, beta testing for a couple months, squash bugs, send it to publisher; late September/ mid October release.

People might be underestimating PC2 against GTS. It's like, "Don't do it! The game won't ever leave the shelves."
There are "burned" people from both games. There will be plenty that buy PC2. Again #graphicsarenteverything

Until it goes gold we won't know for sure.

I get a sense they're making final implementations into the game. Touching up some effects, probably 2/3 the way through the car list adjusting the steering and drivability. Then once that's done, beta testing for a couple months, squash bugs, send it to publisher; late September/ mid October release.
This is exactly what i'm thinking.

I think Bandai/SMS will commit to a date after E3 is in the books. Turn 10 and PD will have to announce their release date during that show.

I reckon they can release whenever they want though, because they have a very compelling and unique product to sell, regardless of what other publishers are releasing this year.

Back