Project CARS 2 Car List

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 2,206 comments
It is. The page is updated with Toyotas and Lambos too. Only 3 TBAs left including that "special" one above.
View attachment 668433

Compared them with the first post, should be:
GT 3: Renault Sport R.S. 01 GT3
Road: first post is listing Toyota 86, Toyota GT-86 (same car except LHD/RHD, aren't they?) and Toyota GT-86 Rocket Bunny Street
Special one: Chevrolet Z/28 Trans Am is there, so maybe just wrong paste into road cars?

Not that I'm complaining but.. I was hoping - and still am - for something more exotic..

It's strange that every Toyota has been added to the official car list, while the road 86s are nowhere to be found. Hopefully PCARS2 won't be the next victim after FM7 and Payback.
Supposedly this was a Microsoft issue but I call bs. This even affects GTsport

I don't know what's the deal between Toyota and GT Sport (as I don't know many details about that game), but I'm curious to see the official reveal for Project CARS2 now.

I thought I read somewhere that it was to do with modifications to the vehicle not being allowed in games.

I don't know what's the deal between Toyota and GT Sport (as I don't know many details about that game), but I'm curious to see the official reveal for Project CARS2 now.
I'm awaiting that special article as well.

It's similar to the street version of the E30 M3. I'd take that trade if we had to.

Yes please. I've put enough miles on it in AC that it'd need a full restoration in the real world at this point.

The GT86 is and should be in the game because it's an enthusiast's car. There are no Mazdas in the game though, did anyone ask about that and get a "licensing them is expensive" type answer or something like that? In the same vein as the GT86, the MX-5 of many generations would fit right in with the road cars. And there are some great Mazda race cars too even if you ignore the 787B.

The GT86 is and should be in the game because it's an enthusiast's car. There are no Mazdas in the game though, did anyone ask about that and get a "licensing them is expensive" type answer or something like that? In the same vein as the GT86, the MX-5 of many generations would fit right in with the road cars. And there are some great Mazda race cars too even if you ignore the 787B.
The MX-5 in race trim is a tremendously enjoyable race car and would make great competition for the Ginetta G40 Jr

What I want to know is how much power is has because in the IMSA Conti series it's seen going against Porsche Caymans which I believe probably have between 250 and 300 HP, right?

What I want to know is how much power is has because in the IMSA Conti series it's seen going against Porsche Caymans which I believe probably have between 250 and 300 HP, right?

The current Global MX-5 race car is listed as "155-PLUS HP". Full specs here:
http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/first-drives/a26857/mazda-mx5-cup-first-drive/

Now, I will qualify that with 2 comments:
  1. This is the Global Spec Racer. The cars in the Conti series are older cars.
  2. Rules for Conti series is the cars must be essentially showroom stock. Minor tweaking is allowed, but not to the extent of significant mods resulting in horsepower gains.
    1. Safety equipment, weight reduction on chassis, suspension and brake upgrades are permitted
    2. 2013 Production model had 203bhp

IMSA CTSCC 2017 Technical Regulatiosn for the ST class can be found here:
https://competitors.imsa.com/sites/...ictsc_st_tech_regulations_apil_26_redline.pdf

I've asked a while ago and there's a wishlist thread, for the SMS team to have a look at. Could happen in one of the 4 DLC packs.

This is weird. Vintage Formula C has these cars:
1972 Lotus 72D
1970 Lotus 49C
1967 Lotus 49
1963 Lotus Type 25

Why is the Type 25 included in there? The other three all have twice as much power. There's no way they have similar Nurburgring times. And even if they do, using your brain do you think the Type 25 would be competitive anywhere? I really dislike the way they made the classes this time. Just use your heads and some other real world information to better categorize them.

This is weird. Vintage Formula C has these cars:
1972 Lotus 72D
1970 Lotus 49C
1967 Lotus 49
1963 Lotus Type 25

Why is the Type 25 included in there? The other three all have twice as much power. There's no way they have similar Nurburgring times. And even if they do, using your brain do you think the Type 25 would be competitive anywhere? I really dislike the way they made the classes this time. Just use your heads and some other real world information to better categorize them.
I think classes are much better organized compared to pCARS 1. Not everything is perfect but I think it was much worse.

Yea, the Mclaren F1 was Road B while the MP4-12C and P1 were Road A. Those two don't go together in the least. One is a sports car and one is a hyper car. The major gripe I think a lot of people have is the Ford Pick-up being where it is. And to be honest why is it in the game at all? Is it the full on Raptor edition? Does it have any purpose other than the rally tracks?

Non of the the vintage formula should really race together imo so for me i would just race against the same car. Unless they bring out another make from the same year like say a ferrari. But then the inability not to be able to choose our own grid is going to be frustrating.

Back